What's new

93% of Crimeans vote to join Russia

its good to see some one defying US after so long .. best of luck Russia ... ithey would be better off with Russia....
but i found it unfair that in referendum there was no option for joining Ukraine

gal_7781.jpg

Now,now,let's be real.You know,i'm right.You hate us because we're not slavs and therefore must be eliminated.The story is 200 years old by now.

Open borders means people can come back if the economic situation gets better.There's no coming back from the gulags as so many Romanians unfortunately found out throughout history.
they wont come back dont fool yourself, romania is dirt poor and has an aging population and low birth rates. This means that your country will remain that way forever

they wont come back dont fool yourself, romania is dirt poor and has an aging population and low birth rates. This means that your country will remain that way forever

Somebody had to tell the truth to our poor romanian friend. :tup:

Putin to Address Russian Parliament on Crimea Accession

MOSCOW, March 17 (RIA Novosti) – Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday will address an assembly of both houses of parliament, as well as heads of regions and representatives of public organizations about the request by Ukraine’s Crimea to become part of Russia, the Kremlin said Monday.

The referendum in the autonomous republic within Ukraine, which was held on Sunday amid an ongoing political crisis in the country, is at the center of the most serious geopolitical showdown between Russia and the West since the end of the Cold War.

With 100 percent of the ballots counted, some 96.7 percent of voters in Crimea backed reunification with Russia after 60 years as part of Ukraine.

Crimea’s regional assembly, which ignored an order to dissolve itself by the Ukrainian parliament Saturday, plans to send a formal request to Moscow to join Russia on Monday.

The Russian parliament is expected to announce its decision on Crimea’s fate in the near future, the deputy speaker of the State Duma, Russia’s lower house of parliament, said Monday.

Putin to Address Russian Parliament on Crimea Accession | Russia | RIA Novosti

You must be blind than.

Sorry to say... This aint the 90's.. The world have other means of getting information not just from CNN, BBC or VoA

Even those western propaganda outlets accept the poll numbers, Just that they refuse to legitimize the referendum

And i reiterate my friend.. You Eastern Europeans needs to play the ball right, without antagonizing your regional power .. If you think think the west is doing all these provocations for the love they have for you or your freedoms, Think again.. When push will come to shove you will be on your own

Last edited:
Sorry to say... This aint the 90's.. The world have other means of getting information not just from CNN, BBC or VoA

Even those western propaganda outlets accept the poll numbers, Just that they refuse to legitimize the referendum

And i reiterate my friend.. You Eastern Europeans needs to play the ball right, without antagonizing your regional power .. If you think think the west is doing all these provocations for the love they have for you or your freedoms, Think again.. When push will come to shove you will be on your own

Then those western powers can bugger off now, right? But then again, you can count how many wars started here, and how many times those western powers were more than eager to take sides and fight it out (you can check the reasons yourself), so they really can't bugger off...

So no, we won't bend, if that's what you're asking, everybody managed just fine without "western" powers, we will also manage in the future.

Edit: what never fails to make me smile is when I see people going about "western powers", especially compared to the "primitive east", all the time failing to understand that the "western" powers are a group of countries with, in many cases, divergent interests, with their own history and alliances.
If you want to see what that means, take a hard, long look at the Iugoslav war: many "western powers" were more than eager to intervene..and here's the kicker - with divergent goals and allies

Last edited:

Please pass me the crystal ball when you're done with it.As for dirt poor ,we're not the ones with 1% economic growth and recession forecasted for the next decade,that's Russia...we grew 3.5% last year.Russia's nominal per capita income is just 50% higher and it will fade away in a few years with the current economical trends.

Btw,i hope there won't be economic sanctions on Russia,i strongly suspect that Putin is doing this to hide his bad handling of the economy and point to an external enemy to the average russian.He will only use those sanctions as a pretext for the falling economy and consolidate his grip on power.

All i see here from you is angry rants and personal attacks when things don't go your way and not only in this forum.Please grow up and have a look around,we only have to take a look at Belarus,Ukraine to see Russian potential without resources (6k per capita/4k per capita).Spare me your childish superiority outbursts.

I know we will probably be alone when shit hits the fan but we're not antagonising Russia,at least not Romania.Did you see us running around ,screaming at Russia like Poland or the Baltics ? Did you ever heard a rumour that we trained Maidanists like some other Eastern European countries are accused ? No.Did you see us invoking NATO's article 4 like others ? No.

We always try NOT to antagonise Russia but it will be to no avail.Altough we stayed out of this mess you will see troubles starting in Moldova.You see,whatever we will do Russia will not stop until they are our unchallenged hegemon.Now...we're not really down with that.

Last edited:
Please pass me the crystal ball when you're done with it.As for dirt poor ,we're not the ones with 1% economic growth and recession forecasted for the next decade,that's Russia...we grew 3.5% last year.Russia's nominal per capita income is just 50% higher and it will fade away in a few years with the current economical trends.

Btw,i hope there won't be economic sanctions on Russia,i strongly suspect that Putin is doing this to hide his bad handling of the economy and point to an external enemy to the average russian.He will only use those sanctions as a pretext for the falling economy and consolidate his grip on power.

All i here from you is angry rants and personal attacks when things don't go your way and not only in this forum.Please grow up and have a look around,we only have to take a look at Belarus,Ukraine to see Russian potential without resources (6k per capita/4k per capita).Spare me your childish superiority outbursts.
unlike you Russia was always isolated since the end of the cold war, there was no aid from the west, and Russia has to spend a lot its resources to military which we fixed to some degree with being the second largest exporter. There are various western restriction on russian products like for simple having cheaper energy at home to produce.

Just look at the anti sochi propaganda by western media, and you wonder why we arent as rich as western europe? The west wants to enslave us and take all our resources, they would never except russian cars or smartphones or free visa travel for europeans to visit russia.

GDP per capita, PPP (current international $) | Data | Graph

Belarus is how russia would look like without resources? ohh look at the facts, belarus is at the same level like your country. Lukashenko is labeled by the west as dictator, completely isolated, no wto, not even in the european council, russia the only real trading partner and yet its at the same level like your EU free trade country.

And in fact its twice as much as ukraine, it shows that ukraines problems is not too much russia but too less russia.
Russia has higher gdp per capita than your country but its also growing in population since 2009 while you and other eastern europeas are losing people which increases your gdp per capita as well.

I see an opportunity for russia if the west goes ahead with sanction, we can counter it with blocking all goods from the west like cars and machines and start producing our own as well as diversifying our energy export to growing markets in asia.
If you go in russia you see all kind of western companies wanting to steal our money like western retailers, cars and what not. Every time i see russian youth springing to a new western trend only benefiting western pockets. Russia is filled with german products, its just disgusting.
Everything is to be blamed on the west, russia can only blame itself for trusting them. The west has to die so russia can survive.

unlike you Russia was always isolated since the end of the cold war, there was no aid from the west, and Russia has to spend a lot its resources to military which we fixed to some degree with being the second largest exporter. There are various western restriction on russian products like for simple having cheaper energy at home to produce.

Just look at the anti sochi propaganda by western media, and you wonder why we arent as rich as western europe? The west wants to enslave us and take all our resources, they would never except russian cars or smartphones or free visa travel for europeans to visit russia.

GDP per capita, PPP (current international $) | Data | Graph

Belarus is how russia would look like without resources? ohh look at the facts, belarus is at the same level like your country. Lukashenko is labeled by the west as dictator, completely isolated, no wto, not even in the european council, russia the only real trading partner and yet its at the same level like your EU free trade country.

And in fact its twice as much as ukraine, it shows that ukraines problems is not too much russia but too less russia.
Russia has higher gdp per capita than your country but its also growing in population since 2009 while you and other eastern europeas are losing people which increases your gdp per capita as well.

I see an opportunity for russia if the west goes ahead with sanction, we can counter it with blocking all goods from the west like cars and machines and start producing our own as well as diversifying our energy export to growing markets in asia.
If you go in russia you see all kind of western companies wanting to steal our money like western retailers, cars and what not. Everytime i see russian youth spring to a western trend only benefiting western pockets. Russia is filled with german products, its just disgusting.
Everything is to be blamed on the west, russia can only blame itself for trusting them. The west has to die so russia can survive.

You are using PPP which isn't relevant,nominal is what matters and there Belarus is 50% lower.Belarus has an open Russian-Central Asian market with the russians more than happy to import from them just as a life line.We,instead have to compete on the real market.

Now,i'm not saying we're good,far from that ,but still a 9k per capita and rising with good growth (3.5% last year,highest in the EU ) is far from the hell hole and doomsday scenario you're always throwing around.

As for your radicalism ,"the west has to die" what can i say ? You admitted that you can't even speak russian yourself,to a russian nationalist you're nothing but a wannabe.

You are using PPP which isn't relevant,nominal is what matters and there Belarus is 50% lower.Belarus has an open Russian-Central Asian market with the russians more than happy to import from them just as a life line.We,instead have to compete on the real market.

Now,i'm not saying we're good,far from that ,but still a 9k per capita and rising with good growth (3.5% last year,highest in the EU ) is far from the hell hole and doomsday scenario you're always throwing around.

As for your radicalism ,"the west has to die" what can i say ? You admitted that you can't even speak russian yourself,to a russian nationalist you're nothing but a wannabe.

PPP shows the real economy, nominal is dollar term and we know in history how many times people printed money. If countries are devaluating their currencies it doesnt mean they devalue their cars and products they are producing. Japan prints now unlimited amounts of money, does that mean their cheaper toyota and honda cars are less worthy of the mercedes who increased in price thanks to a strong currency?
Learn basic economics.

PPP shows the real economy, nominal is dollar term and we know in history how many times people printed money. If countries are devaluating their currencies it doesnt mean they devalue their cars and products they are producing. Japan prints now unlimited amounts of money, does that mean their cheaper toyota and honda cars are less worthy of the mercedes who increased in price thanks to a strong currency?
Learn basic economics.

No.PPP is feel good for those who don't have,a speculative,hypothetical ecuation.Nominal are tangible results.You are the one seriously lacking as seen by your analysis which states that Russia will florish in isolation.That's contrary to all the basics of economy.

Oh well,to each his own i guess.We'll just have to agree that we disagree.

No.PPP is feel good for those who don't have,a speculative,hypothetical ecuation.Nominal are tangible results.You are the one seriously lacking as seen by your analysis which states that Russia will florish in isolation.That's contrary to all the basics of economy.

Oh well,to each his own i guess.We'll just have to agree that we disagree.
Speculative? The only speculative is the nominal termsn like i said you increase your nominal gdp if your currency increases even you have negative growth and people lose their job, russia has one of the highest nominal gdp per capita of eastern europe so whats your point?

korea banned japanese products until 1998 and look at the progress they have done, america became strong thanks to protectionism

Back
Top Bottom