What's new

92% Indians are not sons of the soil but Immigrants in india:Justice Katju

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajtr

BANNED
Reaction score
Over 92% Indians are Immigrants in india:Markandey Katju

The following is the text of a speech delivered by Justice Markandey Katju, chairman of the Press Council of India, at Jawaharlal Nehru University on November 14, 2011.

Friends,

I am deeply honoured to be invited to speak before all of you. My time is limited, as I was told I should speak for 30 minutes and after that there will be a question answer session. As my main speech will be restricted to 30 minutes, I may come to the topic of discussion immediately, that is, What is India? I will present before you five thesis for your consideration.

(i) India is broadly a country of immigrants like North America. Over 92% people living in India are not the original inhabitants of India. Their ancestors came from outside, mainly from the North West.

(ii) Because India is a country of immigrants like North America there is tremendous diversity in India - so many religions, castes, languages, ethnic groups etc.

(iii) Despite the tremendous diversity in India, by the interaction and intermingling of these immigrants who came into India a common culture emerged in India which can broadly be called the Sanskrit-Urdu culture, which is broadly the culture of India.

(iv) Because of the tremendous diversity in India the only policy which can work and hold our country together is secularism and giving equal respect to all communities, otherwise our country cannot survive for one day.

(v) India is passing through a transitional period, transition from feudal agricultural society to modern Industrial society. This is a very painful and agonizing period in history. If you read the history of Europe from the 16th to 19th Centuries you will find that this was a horrible period in Europe. Only after going through that fire, in which there were wars, revolutions, turmoil, intellectual ferment, chaos, social churning, etc., modern society emerged in Europe. India is presently going through that fire. We are going through a very painful and agonizing period in our history which I think will last for around another 20 years. I may now briefly elaborate these theses.

(1) India is broadly a country of immigrants, like North America.The difference between North America and India is that North America is a country of new immigrants, where people came mainly from Europe over the last four to five hundred years, India is a country of old immigrants where people have been coming in for 10 thousand years or so.

Why have people been coming into India? Very few people left India, except on two occasions namely (i) in the 19th century when under British rule Indian poor peasants were sent to Fiji, Mauritius, West Indies, etc. as plantation labourers and (ii) the Diaspora for the last 30-40 years or so of highly qualified engineers, scientists, doctors, etc. Apart from this, nobody left India, everybody came into India. Why?

The reason is obvious. People migrate from uncomfortable areas to comfortable areas, obviously, because everybody wants comfort. Before the Industrial Revolution which started in Western Europe from the 18th century and then spread all over the world there were agricultural societies everywhere. Now what does agriculture require? It requires level land, fertile soil, plenty of water for irrigation, etc. All this was in abundance in the Indian sub continent. If you go from Rawalpindi to Bangladesh and to the deep South upto Kanyakumari, everywhere you will find level land, fertile soil, plenty of rivers, forests, etc. You scatter some seeds and there is a bumper harvest. Why will anybody migrate from India to, say, Afghanistan which is cold, rocky and uncomfortable. If you have seen Afghanistan on your television screen it looks like a desert covered with snow for four to five months in a year. I have never seen snow falling in my life. I0 don't know what a snowfall looks like. For agricultural society India was really paradise, hence everybody kept rolling into India, mainly from the North West and to a much lesser extent from the North East.

So according to justice Katju only IVC people are sons of the soil which is mostly in Pakistan and thereofre Pakistanis are the original people of India and Indians are foreigners.

Ajtr since now u have relocated to or perhaps identified which country u deserve at the first place...

stick to its History ... Indian History is non of the concerns of a Sellout...

Ajtr since now u have now relocated to or perhaps identified which country u deserve at the first place...

stick to its History ... Indian History is non of the concerns of a Sellout...
Sorry dont blame me these are justice Katju's words.

This Katju guy sure likes his percentages :hang2:
Whether he like percentages or not but he speaks the bitter truth in straightforward way.He kinda shows all indians mirror thats why indians dont appreciate him and goes after him.

So this recent theory of indo aryans moving out of India and spreading was a hogwash.
I cant confirm it or i cant deny it reason being its justice katju who made this remark falsifying all such theories.

Well, I won't give him much attention after he advocated for unification of Indo-Pak.

Justice Katju's statement further solidifies the facts of history and also conform to the findings of archeologists that IVC is not an Indian legacy but a Pakistani legacy and civilization. ow a prominent Indian intellectual supports this fact.

The broad classification of Vedic literature tends to underline two different facets; Rig Veda based early Vedic literature and Atharva Veda, Brahmanas, Aranyakas and Upanishadas based later Vedic literature. However, it also reveals a protracted cultural growth which can be identified through use of Sanskrit, societal varna system, monotheistic and polytheistic rituals including yajnas, animal sacrifices and cremation of the dead etc.

From the archeological evidence it becomes clearly evident that Vedic literature based cultural traditions are better identified with Post Indus Valley Civilization (IVC) cultural traditions. Let me highlight some of the more pronounced facts in this regard:

• The formation of IVC’s cultural entities can be identified between 3000-1300 BC. Contrarily, the Historians identify formulation of Vedic traditions between 1500-600 BC.

• The IVC’s culture was identified in the Indus Valley, Ghaggar-Hakra basin and in the Doab. These cultural moorings however do not find an extension into central and lower Gangese Valley in eastern and central Indian plains. Contrarily, the traditions abound in Vedic culture extends all over Pakistan and northern India.

• The decline of IVC traditions started declining after 2000BC and little of it was identified around 1300 BC. However, the Vedic traditions sustained its development even to the early historic era (Joe’s pre, proto and history duly accounted) and shaped into a state-based urban civilization period.

• The Vedic cultural tradition do gel with the chiefdom -based Post-Indus cultures as they also use rice, horse and iron etc. However, it also displays a distinct difference with the IVC for the absence of fortified cities, town planning and drainage, monumental art and architecture of burnt bricks, advanced specialization and sea trade, use of seals, weights, measures and script and the custom of burying the dead in cemeteries.

• An attempt aimed at presenting a distorted version of history through identification of fire places as fire -altars, waste pits as sacrificial pits in Harappan era sites and the imaginary reading of Sanskrit legends on Indus seals is nothing but clear fabrication of historical and archeological evidence. Such falsehood was presented in the manner because the presenters believed that India is a Hindu nation and has Hindu culture in continuity from Vedic Aryans and they themselves wanted to see it that way, which however is not supported by evidence.

Based on the above clearly identifiable differences, I have stated earlier and claim that Pakistan is the scion of and holder of the cradle of Indus Valley Civilization and not India.

Who is the sellout?.

Ahhhh pipe dreams of something that never was and never will be, the Muslims the British god who next.
Read my most again Hero... to whom was i referring as sellout...

Seems like Pakistani takes Katju more seriously than there own people. Good to see this change. Looks like Indians are now having more soft power across the border. :lol:

Whether he like percentages or not but he speaks the bitter truth in straightforward way.He kinda shows all indians mirror thats why indians dont appreciate him and goes after him.

Nope. Occam's razor postulates that the chances of you being an idiot are exponentially higher than the rest of the 90% being so.

Retired judges have a tendency to consider every thought that occurs to them as solid gold and previously never thought of. It is the childish stubbornness that comes with senility.

So this recent theory of indo aryans moving out of India and spreading was a hogwash.

Its just a random guy making a random statement, this is hardly a scientific paper with extensive study of Indian genealogy.

Its just a random guy making a random statement, this is hardly a scientific paper with extensive study of Indian genealogy.
Blasphemy. His word are sacred. How dare you question his words ?

Indian social issues and local news are banned topic but Katju is an exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom