What's new

You know, most Southeast and Far East Asian countries have faced similar problems in the past, but many have overcome and have growing economies. I'm sure the Japanese won't break this tradition. :tup:

Fair point, but how do you think it will happen?

I'm not saying it can't happen... but the Japanese government has been trying to boost their economic growth for the past 20 years without much success. In the process they got themselves into such an enormous amount of public debt, it will take forever to pay it off.

I want to see the positive side for Japan's economy, but I really don't. I would be glad to be proven wrong though.

I think you are underestimating the Japanese innovation capabilites Chinese-dragon. Japan is still far ahead in the field of robotics and consumer electronics and they may very well discover the next multi-billion dollar idea. Once that happens their economy will only go up.

I do understand that Japan innovates a large amount of technological capabilities, like South Korea and Taiwan.

I'm talking about the Japanese economy as a whole though... just the technology sector alone isn't enough to boost growth. The Japanese government have been trying to solve this problem for the past 20 years without much luck.

I do understand that Japan innovates a large amount of technological capabilities, like South Korea and Taiwan.

I'm talking about the Japanese economy as a whole though, just the technology sector alone isn't enough to boost growth.
Don't the automobile industry, the RPG gaming industry, and the anime industry. All have been and can be dominated by the Japanese.

The "he" in question is actually a she. Maybe she is just flirting with Chinese-dragon?

:cheesy:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/73238-female-pakistani-defence-forum-members.html

I think you are underestimating the Japanese innovation capabilites Chinese-dragon. Japan is still far ahead in the field of robotics and consumer electronics and they may very well discover the next multi-billion dollar idea. Once that happens their economy will only go up.

He, She, It. Whatever I am just annoyed by that kind of attitude. I honestly wish whatever it is won't come back.

Don't the automobile industry, the RPG gaming industry, and the anime industry. All have been and can be dominated by the Japanese.

Excepting the auto industry. The things you mention are just absolutely insignificant when it comes to the larger economy.

Excepting the auto industry. The things you mention are just absolutely insignificant when it comes to the larger economy.
The gaming industry is definitely not insignificant.

Don't know anything about the money that anime brings in, though.

That's right, but the Japanese Economy still has near-zero rates of economic growth.

Like I said, you can't just depend on the technology sector. You've got to work on all aspects of the economy.

That's right, but the Japanese Economy still has near-zero rates of economic growth.

Like I said, you can't just depend on the technology sector. You've got to work on all aspects of the economy.

IIRC Japan just recently reported 0.2% growth for the last quarter. If we had that kind of growth, the communist party would be gone by the end of the year.

IIRC Japan just recently reported 0.2% growth for the last quarter. If we had that kind of growth, the communist party would be gone by the end of the year.

You're right. :tup:

It's a good arrangement. The CCP must keep up the economic growth in order to preserve internal stability. That's a good incentive for them to work hard. :azn:

Wait a minute, Japanese have developed into Television, automobiles, communications, computers, robotics, and fisheries, along with other industries. Many are advanced and successful, so why the hell isn't the economy doing well?

It sounds like they have a problem with the government, not the people.

Wait a minute, Japanese have developed into Television, automobiles, communications, computers, robotics, and fisheries, along with other industries. Many are advanced and successful, so why the hell isn't the economy doing well?

That is exactly right. :tup:

Japan is a dominating force in many aspects of technology. Like you said, TV's, cars, communications, robotics etc. Clearly the Japanese people are a powerhouse when it comes to innovation.

However there is something seriously wrong with the Japanese political system that is holding back economic growth. If only we knew the answer to this problem.

Their government is clean and efficient even for developed countries. More like bad policies/rapidly aging population.

I posted this in the other thread but I think it is on topic for this thread too.

Japanese Robotics. :D

The problem is, such robots don't make much profit. They sell for a lot but they also cost billions in research and development. Other countries will just reverse-engineer it, and all that money will have gone to waste.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's precisely the problem. Those industries got them to #2 but there is where they stopped and other caught up.

Many of the industries require more older, experienced workers so an aged population isn't too bad.

But what policy could be holding them back? Seriously, they don't even have a military to upkeep!!!

They do have significant spending for defence and an aged population is bad period. Older in this case automatically means retired, so no productivity contribution to the economy. And it seems the life expectancy is very high, which means they need to be supported for more years after retirement.

As cynical as it sounds, economically speaking, the optimal economical situations is where a worker works until retirement then immediately drop dead. (that's why those anti-smoking advocates are full of it when they say smoking is a cost to society, it;s not, it's cost to the smoker)

The Japan problem isn't really about bad policy, it's more like they made a mess in the 90's and they still don't know how to fix it.

Last edited:
Their government is clean and efficient even for developed countries. More like bad policies/rapidly aging population.
Many of the industries require more older, experienced workers so an aged population isn't too bad.

But what policy could be holding them back? Seriously, they don't even have a military to upkeep!!!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom