What's new

A Korean Christian pretending to be Chinese?

That's a new one, I guess people really are desperate. :rofl:

Not what I meant. I mean SK is a country completely taken over by Christianity and well it's pretty unpleasant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Missionary Christianity was probably one of the most derisive influence on China in the 1800- early 1900. Christianity and Opium welded by the foreign powers destroyed order and what followed was 100 years of misery and chaos.

Missionary Christianity was probably one of the most derisive influence on China in the 1800- early 1900. Christianity and Opium was what destroyed order.

I don't mind Christians in general, I find them to be very nice people. :tup:

However you're right, do I find that some of these "newly converted" Chinese Christians to be a bit crazy. Sort of like "born-again" fundamentalists.

I told you guys before he is well known troll on PDF who thought he knew it all, he try to poke his nose into some sensitive issues of Pakistan which was beyond his so-called knowledge and end up getting banned for a few times, well deserved, i must say!:china:

I told you guys before he is well known troll on PDF who thought he knew it all, he try to poke his nose into some sensitive issues of Pakistan which was beyond his so-called knowledge and end up getting banned for a few times, well deserved, i must say!:china:

Very well deserved. :cheers:

I don't mind Christians in general, I find them to be very nice people. :tup:

However you're right, do I find that some of these "newly converted" Chinese Christians to be a bit crazy. Sort of like "born-again" fundamentalists.

I don't either as long as they keep their proselytizing to themselves and respect the boundaries of law. But when it splits the loyalties of the Chinese nation and people it crosses over from a right to spiritual belief to a political force.

I think part of the reason why it is hard for Japanese politicians to apologise is because they are more dynastic than even the modern chinese government and they are not about to apologise for something their fathers or grandfathers are responsible for.

Japanese and Korean society tends to have a more closed political atmosphere than even china.

Chinese visit historical museum to mark 79th anniversary of Mukden Incident - People's Daily Online

10101828017989897897.jpg

Students visit the 9.18 Historical Museum in Shenyang, capital of northeast China's Liaoning Province, Sept. 17, 2010. Many Chinese civilians Friday took a visit here to mark the 79th anniversary of September 18 Incident of 1931, or Mukden Incident. Japan on September 18, 1931 laid siege to Mukden (now Shenyang) and began the military occupation of northeast China, then known as Manchuria, until Japan surrendered on August 15, 1945. (Xinhua/Yang Xinyue)
9738923595091363101.jpg

Students visit the 9.18 Historical Museum in Shenyang, capital of northeast China's Liaoning Province, Sept. 17, 2010. (Xinhua/Yang Xinyue)
16078941642436934547.jpg

A visitor views file photos at the 9.18 Historical Museum in Shenyang, capital of northeast China's Liaoning Province, Sept. 17, 2010. (Xinhua/Yang Xinyue)
15291018559279820839.jpg

Citizens visit the 9.18 Historical Museum in Shenyang, capital of northeast China's Liaoning Province, Sept. 17, 2010. (Xinhua/Yang Xinyue)
13680505570378869434.jpg

Citizens visit the 9.18 Historical Museum in Shenyang, capital of northeast China's Liaoning Province, Sept. 17, 2010. (Xinhua/Yang Xinyue)

Links for remembering Japanese crimes
This documentary was five years in the making, and revolves around 62-year-old Okuzaki Kenzo, a survivor of the battlefields of New Guinea in World War II who gained notoriety by slingshooting steel pinballs at Emperor Showa to protest against what he considered to be the ruler's war crimes. Setting out to conduct interviews with survivors and relatives, he finds the truth of the past to be elusive, achieving a breakthrough only when he confronts ex-Sergeant Yamada, who grudgingly admits the occurrence and instructional source of certain atrocities

I also hold that unscrupulous bastard MacArthur responsible for making Japan's postwar denials possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think part of the reason why it is hard for Japanese politicians to apologise is because they are more dynastic than even the modern chinese government and they are not about to apologise for something their fathers or grandfathers are responsible for.

Japanese and Korean society tends to have a more closed political atmosphere than even china.

Japanese people can often take Confucianism even more seriously than China does.

I read in the Economist, that there is a huge problem in Japan where "older people" in corporations automatically get more respect on account of their age. So even if their ideas are bad, they will get more authority due to their age.

Japanese people can often take Confucianism even more seriously than China does.

I read in the Economist, that there is a huge problem in Japan where "older people" in corporations automatically get more respect on account of their age. So even if their ideas are bad, they will get more authority due to their age.

That is warped thinking. Confucius advocate respecting elders and parents but he does not advocate blind fellowship.

That is warped thinking. Confucius advocate respecting elders and parents but he does not advocate blind fellowship.

You're right. :tup:

Maybe something got lost in translation when the Japanese adopted Confucianism.

I've always been curious about why the Japanese continuing to treat the Chinese as inferiors during the modern era despite the fact that their culture is heavily influenced by ours. Any one has any idea why?

I've always been curious about why the Japanese continuing to treat the Chinese as inferiors during the modern era despite the fact that their culture is heavily influenced by ours. Any one has any idea why?

Maybe they are taking vengeance for Pax Sinica?

Pax Sinica (Latin for "Chinese Peace") is the time of peace in East Asia, maintained by Chinese hegemony, usually the period of rule by the Han Dynasty, Tang Dynasty, early Song Dynasty, Yuan Dynasty, Ming Dynasty and early Qing Dynasty. These periods were characterised by the dominance of the Chinese civilization due to its political, economic, military and cultural power.

The difference is that during Pax Sinica, we Chinese never slaughtered tens of millions of Japanese people.

And I wonder why they still write using Han characters as well (Kanji). Surely the Japanese ultra-nationalists would have tried to get rid of them.

Back
Top Bottom