What's new

88 Pakistani Hindu families get 15-day visa extension for stay in India

Reaction score
Country
India
As per a report, 88 Pakistan Hindu families to escape the atrocities committed on them in Pakistan had come to India on pilgrim visa.

The authorities here had given them today's ultimatum to go back to Pakistan.

However, after hearing their plea the government has decided to extend their visa for 15 more days.

These Pakistani nationals have for the past two months been staying here and say that they do not want to go back.

They have been staying in the hutment, Jogiyon-ke-Vas, near Gajroopsagar in the district, the officer said. President of Seemant Lok Sangathan, Ravi Lalwani, had earlier said these people, who belong to Darki in Pakistan, had come on a six-month visa to India issued on April 30 this year.

After visiting Haridwar, they came to Jaisalmer via Delhi and Jodhpur, Lalwani said, adding that this group had applied for extension of their visa.

(With PTI inputs)

88 Pakistani Hindu families get 15-day visa extension for stay in India | Zee News

Oh shatz - 5,000 in year into 1.270 billion. There is going to be never ending talk of India being burdened ...

Thats because honestly they have horrible lives in Pakistan they make up a big chunk of beggars and many of them make a living begging outside a mosque. Middle class/Rich hindus are rare in Pakistan; however religion doesnt have to do anything much with their financial problems; its just the way they and their ancestors were born into and many of them are not able to afford education.

No wonder, pakistan is among the nations which has highest number of asylum seekers.
Its not among its at the top; Many Hindus have horrible lives in Pakistan, not because of their religion but because they were born into already poor and struggling families.

Shouldn't you be stopping them? Which nation is proud that its citizens seek refuge elsewhere?
If beggars from India were given a chance to migrate to another country; i'm sure they would take it. Most of these Hindus were stuck in poverty even way before partition.

But we are also the biggest refugee/immigrant hosting country; 3% of our nation are registered immigrants(excluding refugees) (unregistered immigrants are estimated to make up around 10% of Pakistan's population). Our refugees mostly come from Afghanistan,Bangladesh,Sri Lanka, Tajikstan, Uzbekistan,Burma and India while most of our immigrant population come from Armenia,Australia,Iran,Iraq and China. (Source: Wikipedia)

I've personally had a Armenian christian and a Syrian as my friends when i attended school in sialkot.

No wonder, pakistan is among the nations which has highest number of asylum seekers.

Hmm, with Beef bans, 40% of the world's malnourished children, 30% of the world's poorest population, Indians are forced to immigrate to US/Canada/Europe, making them the 3rd largest immigrant group in United States behind Mexico and Philippines !!!

Its not among its at the top; Many Hindus have horrible lives in Pakistan, not because of their religion but because they were born into already poor and struggling families.

If beggars from India were given a chance to migrate to another country; i'm sure they would take it. Most of these Hindus were stuck in poverty even way before partition.

But we are also the biggest refugee/immigrant hosting country; 3% of our nation are registered immigrants(excluding refugees) (unregistered immigrants are estimated to make up around 10% of Pakistan's population). Our refugees mostly come from Afghanistan,Bangladesh,Sri Lanka, Tajikstan, Uzbekistan,Burma and India while most of our immigrant population come from Armenia,Australia,Iran,Iraq and China. (Source: Wikipedia)

I've personally had a Armenian christian and a Syrian as my friends when i attended school in sialkot.

This is the list, Pakistan at 5th spot

http://hdr.undp.org/sites/default/files/hdr14-report-en-1.pdf

Good for them.

Meanwhile Pakistan-trained-doctor-sells-shoes-in-Ahmedabad

Pakistan trained doctor sells shoes in Ahmedabad - The Times of India

Some excerpts from the link:

AHMEDABAD: In 2001, Dashrath Kela, 38, started his career as a doctor with a monthly salary of Rs 25,000. Nine years later, he is a shop assistant at his cousin's shoe store in Maninagar, earning Rs 15,000 a month.

"In Pakistan, patients used to treat us like gods. Here we are forced to beg for jobs to stay alive," says Dr Jayram Lohana, 46, who used to earn Rs 1 lakh a month in Sindh before he came to India in 2012. In Ahmedabad, he works at his cousin's mobile store right next to the airport"

Back
Top Bottom