What's new

82 % of Pakistanis agree that the government is controlling the Coronavirus situation well

Do you agree/disagree that the Government of Pakistan is controlling the Coronavirus situation well?

• Total voters
@AgNoStiC MuSliM and other mods, Sir why such fake piece of news is allowed by posters to be posted as a true comment.
Although i knew it was fake and "made up" but the poster took no precaution to inform if it was fake or not and presented as a piece of truth.
With trolling level like this the forum standard is going down.
My bad. I had made a mental note to google whether the information was correct or not but hadn't gotten around to doing it.

Can you provide a link to the satire site so I can verify and delete those posts?

My bad. I had made a mental note to google whether the information was correct or not but hadn't gotten around to doing it.

Can you provide a link to the satire site so I can verify and delete those posts?
https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2020/05/06/curve-finally-flattening-says-pm-realising-chart-upside/
Its taken from the Dependent. The pic in link has satire written on it and apart from that the endnote also mentions this: "The above piece is a work of satire and does not present itself as the truth."

This article was from a satire website.
every party , that comes in govt is a fine tuned looting machine, the deeper you get into, the less you are able to do.

when they they say we r here to serve you---------well it means u r our slaves now,

when they say ,we will uproot the corruption, it means , the old ones r gone now its our turn to loot,

when they say ,we will protect you it means you are at our mercy

when they say , people have all the rights, it means people have too many right, they will actually decrease.

when they say all is good,-------well its time you start running for cover,

This article was from a satire website.
you mean the corona curve is fattening. even in ramazan?

The head of the NDMA stated a few weeks ago that they were aiming for 25,000 tests per day sometime in May, IIRC.

Polling has a margin of error, but leave aside the accuracy of polling for the moment, what polling does is give you a snapshot of the perceptions of the population being polled.

Polling results do not mean that the government is actually handling COVID-19 well, it just means that an overwhelming majority of Pakistanis perceive the PTI government as handling the pandemic well.

That said, how the electorate perceives a government handling any particular issue is an important metric.

If, going into the next elections, a majority of Pakistanis continues to perceive the PTI government as having handled various challenges well, the PTI's re-election is pretty much guaranteed (that is a meant to be a general statement - local dynamics obviously can play a role).

Stick to the topic folks.
elections. ya right, If voting made any difference they wouldn’t let us do it

elections. ya right, If voting made any difference they wouldn’t let us do it
You're conflating two different things - voting vs those elected bringing about change.

Voting works in terms of expressing your voice, whether your preferred representative actually gets elected, or even makes it on the ballot, is another discussion in itself.

Bringing about change through elected representatives, which is what you seem upset about, is not something that happens easily, especially when you have entrenched interests that benefit from perpetuating the status quo, but there is no other option to voting and reforming the system over time.

people are not taking precautions seriously anymore. No more masks in the public only a few

You're conflating two different things - voting vs those elected bringing about change.

Voting works in terms of expressing your voice, whether your preferred representative actually gets elected, or even makes it on the ballot, is another discussion in itself.

Bringing about change through elected representatives, which is what you seem upset about, is not something that happens easily, especially when you have entrenched interests that benefit from perpetuating the status quo, but there is no other option to voting and reforming the system over time.

Since we have reduced democracy to selecting representatives, and reduced representative democracy to mean simply voting

while elections certainly exist and can change governments, public electoral debate is a tightly controlled spectacle, managed by rival teams of professionals expert in the techniques of persuasion, and considering a small range of issues selected by those teams. The mass of citizens plays a passive, quiescent part, responding only to the signals given them.

Even if it were true that everything could be solved if “the right people” are in power, the question is “how do you plan for when the wrong people are in power?”

people are not taking precautions seriously anymore. No more masks in the public only a few

everyone is wearing a mask, in pakistan, they r 2good at hiding it,
look at all party ,leader, ministers , adviser, journalists, generals, mafia,s.

Pakistani hospitals seem to be turning people away and that's evident with the doctor that passed away due to being rejected by hospitals.

Pakistan wouldn't have a coronavirus problem if we followed quarantine and closed borders. But our leaders were hoping to get foreign aid and loans from coronavirus pandemic so they imported it.

Pakistan wouldn't have a coronavirus problem if we followed quarantine and closed borders. But our leaders were hoping to get foreign aid and loans from coronavirus pandemic so they imported it.
ok that's questionable Pakistan shut down travel from China from the start

That's a lie. Bigger lie than Imran Khan being honest
I don't need to prove myself to a coward who hides his nationality.

And you're so stupid that you posted a link dating to 2016. Shame on you
https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopi...losed_from_1st_Dec_to_1st_April-Pakistan.html

What happened to Ramazan ka ihtram and slander, Hazrat sahib? or its halaal for some and not for others?

Back
Top Bottom