What's new

80 people reportedly killed in U.S. drone strike in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have got to be sh!tting me! 80 people!?! How many of those were civilians? Nice people, who were probably kind and religious. Had nothing to do with the taliban. Fathers, mothers, children, husbands and wives. People who's only crime was to have ancestors from a village that the US thinks is holding terrorists? People who woke up today but won't tomorrow? :angry:
Pakistan should block it's NATO supply centers. Impose no fly zone within it's airspace. Deny any support to the US whatsoever. If they attack, LET THEM. It's better to die with your heads on your shoulders than be picked off like rats. I can guarantee you China, India, Russia and practically any self respecting country will support you.
RIP the dead. :'(

@ Imran
Did Pakistan get anything from your struggle ?

yes alot but isy show krana ghatya logoon ka kam hai.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

According to a tribal elder who asked to remain anonymous in a telephone interview from Miranshah, center of North Waziristan, the tribesmen from Madda Khel tribe were holding a meeting at Nawai Adda area, some 25 kilometers from Miranshah, when two U.S. drones fired four missiles at the participants of the tribal council at 11:30 am (local time)

The elder said that the strike killed 41 people including six tribal elders and some children.

The injured were later transferred to the hospital in Miranshah and some of them were in critical condition, said hospital sources.

The tribal elder rejected the reports that the target was a meeting held by militants. He said that all were local tribesmen. He said that the Madda Khel tribe had sold a chromite mine on 8.8 million rupees (slightly over 100,000 US dollars) to a man and both parties later disagreed over the payment method and the jirga was called to settle the dispute.

so the infrastructre in Afghanistan is better yea?
ok I will pray that Amerians appologize like they do after every blunder in Afghanistan and we will be all happy.

Man, you should at least try to read and understand before you get so defensive. I am not comparing a remote village in Afghanistan with Karachi/Islamabad in Pakistan. I am comparing the accessibility of media to the affected towns. The accessibility of affected people to the main towns to show their protests. Mere internet/tall buildings/overpasses do not comprise all forms of infrastructure.

80 people is not a small number. RD killed two and I see countrywide protests and what not, because the victims were from Lahore. Now I am waiting for people to come out and protest against the murder of 80... okay 79, one was a terrorist.

Oh my god. Sad indeed. Dunt allow americans to dictate. .they will never work in interest of Pakistan. .

Tribal men have already gunned down 2 drones. Signal them and see results.

It is unfortunate that so many died.

While it is correct to be agitated and angered, yet one should analyse it calmly.

Does it serve the US' purpose to anger the Pakistanis, on whom they depend so heavily?

If the Pashtuns are angered, can the US manage to leave Afghanistan and will their govt be able to 'bring their boys back'? Politically, it is very important and sensitive and the next election will depend on this and would a Black President wantonly order kills, more so when he is under attack from his own people because he is Black and being not gung ho like Bush, which is the trademark of American psychology?

Further, the way the CIA is operating in Pakistan, could they not have attached surreptitiously bugs on suspected and known terrorist (I read about this) and one of them were in the congregation? and for that many other innocent died?

If the US is killing for the sake of killing, then that would be really odd and silly and inhuman.

I wonder if any other Govt of Pakistan would take a stand against the US since Pakistan still depends a lot on the US for a variety of reasons.

Why blame the Govt, the Army alone.

Where were the Sharif brothers when the Davis case verdict was given? I read somewhere on this Forum that they are in the UK. Nice way to avoid the issue and the TV!!

They are all the same.

These are tribalmen who freed Azad Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan in 1947. These are tribal elders who take the soviet union to the knees. Please signal them because Pakistan again need them. They prefer to die for Pakistan.

RIP to the victims.

It came on the news that General Kiyani has condemned the attack on jirga. So it's confirmed that they were not terrorists. Have they just realized what they have done? These tribals now will join taliban.

General Kiyani condemnation sounds like Rehman Malik condemnation today.

I am speechless.
I am losing trust in my army. The same army who i have defended to no end.

The frustration of the Pakistani people is accumulating, soon it will reach the point of no return.

it doesnt matter if army goes on rampage to kill civilians americans want them to do, or americans drone these civilians to their death, it will only lead to one thing, a long lasting distrust, anger and hatred

enough damae has been done already, these things will only hit the last nail on the coffin with the beginning of utter caos and weak federal..

The frustration of the Pakistani people is accumulating, soon it will reach the point of no return.

i have no hope from them sir . they just make these protests three days and finish. no body will take it serius . kaum be hiss ho chuki hai.

last time an army men was killed in nato attack,u ppl stopped supplies.
ur general condemned this strikes with killing of 80 ppl.
y not stop their lines now??

We have not lost just the tribals today. We have lost their loyality forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom