What's new

8 former Army Chiefs counter V K Singh, no money was paid to politican

[Bregs]

Reaction score
Country
India
New Delhi, Sat Sep 28 2013, 09:00 hrs

In a strong counter to claims by previous Army Chief Gen V K Singh that all ministers in Jammu and Kashmir were being paid money by the Army since Independence, eight former Army Chiefs came together on Friday to rubbish the statement.

They asserted that no funds were ever provided to any politician during their tenures, and stressed that the Army does not dabble in politics.

The former Army Chiefs, some of whom have spoken out on the issue in the past few days, said in a joint statement that they would have never allowed any such activity, and also countered a claim by V K Singh that the funds were given under the "umbrella" of the 'Sadhbhavna' operations.

Court terms ex-Army chief Gen V K Singh as 'nuisance'

"No funds were ever provided by the Army, to any politicians, political party or any NGO in their tenures and nor would they have allowed that," said the statement issued by Generals O P Malhotra, S F Rodrigues, S Roychowdhury, V P Malik, S Padmanabhan, N C Vij, J J Singh and Deepak Kapoor.

The eight Chiefs encompass the entire leadership of the Indian Army since 1990, barring Gen B C Joshi, who passed away while in service in 1994.

The former Chiefs have also stressed that the 'Sadbhavna' (goodwill) operations should not be mixed with this aspect, referring to a subsequent statement by V K Singh that the money was paid under the umbrella of Sadbhavna. His second statement was seen as a damage control exercise.

Source: 8 former Army Chiefs counter V K Singh, say no money was paid to politicians - Indian Express

This general has lowered the dignity of this post and is proving to be another "Fenku"

[Bregs];4820386 said:
This general has lowered the dignity of this post and is proving to be another "Fenku"

What's your problem with him, I can see in your other posts you are taking repeated jabs at him.

Its normal for the modi supporters they goes down to any level.

This general has himself brought out controversy after controversy, he says he refused bribe thats laudable but publically saying this means Army chiefs before him took bribes ? or does he want to be in limelight

He brought age issue himself to court and watered down after court took other view asking him to withdraw petition seeing the post he was holding that time

He is the first army chief of India politically active both in service and while out of it too, no other general has been politically n shamelessly active like this VK singh

8 former army chiefs junk V K Singh's claims

New Delhi, Sept 27 , 2013 (PTI):

Eight former Army Chiefs today rejected Gen(retd) V K Singh's statement that Army has been paying money to certain ministers in Jammu and Kashmir since independence to bring in stability there.

"No funds were ever provided by the Army, to any politicians, political party or any NGO in their tenures and nor would they have allowed that," the former Army Chiefs said in a joint statement issued here.

They are Generals O P Malhotra, SF Rodrigues, Shankar Roychowdhury, Ved Prakash Malik, S Padamanabhan, NC Vij, JJ Singh and Deepak Kapoor.

The statement came against the backdrop of a controversy over Gen V K Singh's recent remarks that the Army was paying money to certain ministers in Jand K to bring stability in the state.

Gen VK Singh had later clarified that this money was not a bribe and suggested that it was given under Operation Sadbhavna of the force towards winning the hearts and minds of the people.

The former chiefs said the aspect of paying money to ministers should not be mixed with that of Operation Sadbhavna.

"This aspect should not be mixed with ‘Sadhbhavna’ operations, which are carried out to provide infrastructure, education and health services etc to the local populace in J and K and for this pre and post audited funds, with laid down deliverables and procedures, are allotted in the defence budget," they said.

They further stressed that the Indian Army is completely apolitical and that they do not dabble in politics and the Army takes great pride in this time honoured tradition.

[Bregs];4820892 said:
This general has himself brought out controversy after controversy, he says he refused bribe thats laudable but publically saying this means Army chiefs before him took bribes ? or does he want to be in limelight

He brought age issue himself to court and watered down after court took other view asking him to withdraw petition seeing the post he was holding that time

He is the first army chief of India politically active both in service and while out of it too, no other general has been politically n shamelessly active like this VK singh

Mind your language, You are referring to the ex-Chief of Army here... you can keep you petty political squabbles to yourself but do not do a dis-service to the institution of the armed forces of the country by dissing the army chief in an international forum. This man was the chief of army, and neither you or anyone here has the credentials to question his actions. If he want's to be whistle-blower it is our responsibility to be respectful and listen to what he has to say.

Mind your language, You are referring to the ex-Chief of Army here... you can keep you petty political squabbles to yourself but do not do a dis-service to the institution of the armed forces of the country by dissing the army chief in an international forum. This man was the chief of army, and neither you or anyone here has the credentials to question his actions. If he want's to be whistle-blower it is our responsibility to be respectful and listen to what he has to say.

this is not my political views its what these 8 army chiefs are rebuking him in the fittest manner, this vk singh is not the only general India had, where is your sober advice when Fenku fans make abusive threads here?

so kindly keep your advise here for fenku fans not for me, you are playing politics with me one sided

Thinking out of the box here.......

I think this VK Singh is hurt enough to be coerced into becoming an agent of Pakistan! :smokin:

@Oscar @Aeronaut @Dillinger

Unless you want to try and bribe or coerce an ex-spec. operator, or propose that he become a traitor and suffer the consequences you might want to rethink your idea. I'd wager he could still twist your neck with his bare hands.:smokin:

Last edited by a moderator:
If only you'd seen my neck and the thick skin that compliments it..... shameless to the core...... and as tough as a thousand Talibs out there....... :smokin:

Unless you want to try and bribe or coerce an ex-spec. operator, or propose that he become a traitor and suffer the consequences you might want to rethink your idea. I'd wager he could still twist your neck with his bare hands.:smokin:

This VK Singh has lost credibility in public eyes except of course fenku fans because of always in news because of wrong reasons the only exception being whistle blower that too up to a point

[Bregs];4821581 said:
this is not my political views its what these 8 army chiefs are rebuking him in the fittest manner, this vk singh is not the only general India had, where is your sober advice when Fenku fans make abusive threads here?

so kindly keep your advise here for fenku fans not for me, you are playing politics with me one sided

You are referring to ex army chief as "fenku", that deeply saddens me, I dont think this has ever been part of our culture. Irrespective of your political affiliations, there is no need for such pettiness. I really dont care about your petty politics, but you or anyone has no rights to discredit the army chief of India, so my suggestion is keep your petty politics limited to bjp and congress threads...If Gen Singh wants to express his opinion and even if it differs from others, it must be respected. thats it.

This thread is total nonsense it must be torn up and thrown away in the dustbin

RAHUL_GANDHI_PRESS_ME_4401e.jpg

You are referring to ex army chief as "fenku", that deeply saddens me, I dont think this has ever been part of our culture. Irrespective of your political affiliations, there is no need for such pettiness. I really care about your petty politics, but you or anyone has no rights to discredit the army chief of India, so my suggestion is keep your petty politics limited to bjp and congress threads...If Gen Singh wants to express his opinion and even if it differs from others, it must be respected. thats it.

i have no intentions to insult him as a solider for he being an army general, i just compared his continued antics to the other leader called fenku. You can see innumerable reasons where he could have shown restraint for the sake of post he was holding and was formelrly holding but he always behaved as a politician, while no other General in Indian history has been so much politically active, this is a very bad precedent he has set

i have utmost regard for Indian army and its generals including Gen. VK Singh but only as a former army chief

Back
Top Bottom