What's new

V K Singh joins BJP, will he be Next Defence Minister of Country?

Well only two things can happen - Either I will be proved right or you would be proved wrong :D

Anyways, my arguments apart, I seriously doubt if he will be made DM, just my instinctive feeling.

P.S. you can bookmark my post for future reference :D

I never said he will be made DM, only that he will be suitable for that role. But he is not the only one suitable for that role.

No matter what, BJP will keep these four ministries for itself - External Affairs, Defense, Home & Finance. It's too dangerous to give them to regional parties, just like Congress did.

George Fernandes.. does that name ring a bell? I hope BJP doesn't repeat the same mistake as they did in the past.

This can be dangerous......

A retd. Army General would have leanings towards Army which in turn can effect modernization of IAF & IN.

A neutral person would be a better DM.
Huh? Someone like Mayawati or Mulayam Singh Yadav? Or probably Pappu Yadav! What say you? :rofl:

George Fernandes.. does that name ring a bell? I hope BJP doesn't repeat the same mistake as they did in the past.

Yup, but than BJP was not as powerful & highly dependent on allies for survival of the Govt., but if it gets 200+ it would not repeat that mistake.

About time we have a person from Defence Forces to look after the defence needs of our country. Both Modi and Gen. Singh emphasize on indigenous production and allowing private players in Defence area. Might just turn out a good step for our country.

Highly unlikely. It's a big 3 ministry. Will go to long term political honchos.

Would be great if Gen becomes the Defence minister. To have an expert in that particular field is an added advantage... & it's the norm in most of the developed countries.

But I don't see it's happening in India. Defence ministry is one of the most lucrative ministries & is always us a commodity to barter with political allies. I hope this changes under Modi's rule.
Initially they will ensure he looses election. Then his political career ends in being appointed a governor - if BJP gets into power. If he wins, they will not give him defense or a major portfolio. A study of RSS/BJP political culture suggests thus.

Initially they will ensure he looses election. Then his political career ends in being appointed a governor - if BJP gets into power. If he wins, they will not give him defense or a major portfolio. A study of RSS/BJP political culture suggests thus.
:blah::blah: stop getting nightmares about RSS/BJP all the time. In anycase they'll go easy on lungi clad rickshaw pullers... so you'r quite safe. Now stand in the que & wait for your turn to be noticed! :stop:

Last edited:
i dont see anything wrong with it.

Oh what a move by BJP that would be . A military guy for the post of defence minister is an ideal situation .
Waaay better than some 8th fail babu occuping the post ;)

Ah, yes!!!!

Nominate the guy who has been accused, by the government and the Indian Army alike, of everything under the sun.

Public ki yaadaash.....

he can join any party he likes but I dont think he is suitable for being a defence minister.
the guy is a show off and had political ambitions even when he was serving army.
Also I dont think IAF and Navy will be too pleased with him, nor would everybody in Army. He might even influence the promotions of top leadership.

He is a disgrace to Indian army, created lot of pain for civilian govt which never happened before.

Anyone is better than St. Antony.

Is that supposed to be a challenge? :P

What is "Saint" Anthony's street cred in Kerala? No scams or scandals? Is there more to him than being a Sonia loyalist?

Is that supposed to be a challenge? :P

What is "Saint" Anthony's street cred in Kerala? No scams or scandals? Is there more to him than being a Sonia loyalist?

I cannot say for of Keralites, but a large number of people I know sees him as a weal leader running away from responsibilities, even though he has a squeaky clean image.

Back
Top Bottom