What's new

8 Best Special Forces---Could Have been 10

^^^
Problem is when it comes to India, Pak has always lost, history has proven that regardless of the nature of the misadventure, all the Pak forces who fought against India were taught a hefty lesson. Hence Gorkhas/ Ladhakis etc. outperformed Pakistani native forces and cannot be put in the same light. Let's not compare the Gilgit people to Gorkhas, the native folk of Gilgit are unknown while the Gorkhas have a fierce reputation world over. As for the Spetnaz, it was only possible because of direct help from the US. Many of the clever ambushes were possible due to direct actionable intel from the CIA as well as advanced weapons.
If your argument is based on the fact that Gorkhas or Ladhakis are more accustomed to arctic weather and mountainous terrain then that can be considered valid to some extent as our own NLI (Northern Light Infantry) a para military unit at the time of Kargil and mostly drawn from our Gilgit-Baltistan area out preformed many of India's elite infantry units. Mainly because of the fact they were accustomed to the terrain and weather they were fighting in.

Don't bring the race into this, otherwise we can argue that most of the martial races of sub-continent actually live on this side of the border. That was the reason behind heavy recruitment of British Indian Army done from the present Pakistani Punjab and Khyber Pakhtoon Khawa regions. For example at the start of the First World War the 54 percent of the Indian Army was either Punjabi or Pathan. If you exclude the Gorkhas provided by the independent state of Nepal (not from India) the percentage of Punjabis and Pathans go up to 62 percent.

Silly farticle since anyone who puts Spanish SF in the top 8 has no clue on what they talk about. Can't rate SF units from 1-to-10 rather a simple calculation based on Exp/Training Regimen/Technology can yield the following groups

Tier-1: Delta/ DEVGRU/ SAS Increment/ IA SFF/ Shaldag Unit/Sayeret Matkal/ Sheyaret 13/ SSG/ Yamas/ Marcos/ IA Para Commandos/ Russian Alphas/GIGN/ Belgian SFG/SAS a few other units from Israel

Tier-2: US Navy Seals/SBS/ Force Recon/ IAF Garuds/SSG-N/Spetnaz/ Foreign Legion/ GSG-9/ NSG

Tier-3: IA Ghataks/ US Rangers/ IA Gorkhas and few other elite infantry units (can't undermine them) they usually masters' of certain terrains which regular SF units can't thrive
I liked your post
you made me smile on this sad day due to the terrorism

Errrrrr no. Not really, in 1965 Pakistann could not take or atleast hold a plesbicite for Kashmir because of the Tashkent mediation done by the USSR, in which a ceasefire was agreed upon, however when the Kashmir issu came up the USSR openly supported India meanwhile Pakistan's allies failed to provide such a support.
As for 1971, both wings seperated by nearly a 1000 miles, no way of proper communication between the two wings, scarce ammunation and resources and a civil war going on (which btw lead to the scarcity of resources for the military) and when the military was weakened and exhausted India decided to militairily intervene. So India had the upper hand because of a more "loyal" ally (USSR) and because of geographical reasons... not because of races, so it's not a racial issue. Feel free to try and deny it.

Buh Byeeee
You forgot to mention SSGs action in Siachen and Kargil with former ended in failure.

:raise: Excuse me. Didn't the SSG conduct the raid to clear out the Holy Mosque? because I was told that the SSG conducted the raid can you please help me out :undecided:

No---they did not---and read up on the French Special forces that went in---supposedly 3 of them converted to islam before they could be allowed to enter the critical area.

No---they did not---and read up on the French Special forces that went in---supposedly 3 of them converted to islam before they could be allowed to enter the critical area.

And which gas was used?

If your argument is based on the fact that Gorkhas or Ladhakis are more accustomed to arctic weather and mountainous terrain then that can be considered valid to some extent as our own NLI (Northern Light Infantry) a para military unit at the time of Kargil and mostly drawn from our Gilgit-Baltistan area out preformed many of India's elite infantry units. Mainly because of the fact they were accustomed to the terrain and weather they were fighting in.

Don't bring the race into this, otherwise we can argue that most of the martial races of sub-continent actually live on this side of the border. That was the reason behind heavy recruitment of British Indian Army done from the present Pakistani Punjab and Khyber Pakhtoon Khawa regions. For example at the start of the First World War the 54 percent of the Indian Army was either Punjabi or Pathan. If you exclude the Gorkhas provided by the independent state of Nepal (not from India) the percentage of Punjabis and Pathans go up to 62 percent.

you need take the weed out of your pipe, IA lost around 1000 soliders while PA lost over 5000 soliders fighting in terrein where the odds were staked against IA. Simple victories of Longewala should make it quite clear, IA soliders have always triumphed over any **** force regardless of race. Also Pak has a bad habit of abandoning its soliders when the going gets tough.

With IS officially claiming responsability for attack, Pak now has another bunch of retards to deal with.

I liked your post
you made me smile on this sad day due to the terrorism

Your're welcome, I know for a fact that SSG is formidable force, I know military forces in India respect them and always take them into cautious consideration.

you need take the weed out of your pipe, IA lost around 1000 soliders while PA lost over 5000 soliders fighting in terrein where the odds were staked against IA. Simple victories of Longewala should make it quite clear, IA soliders have always triumphed over any **** force regardless of race. Also Pak has a bad habit of abandoning its soliders when the going gets tough.

With IS officially claiming responsability for attack, Pak now has another bunch of retards to deal with.

Your're welcome, I know for a fact that SSG is formidable force, I know military forces in India respect them and always take them into cautious consideration.

The odds are and were always against Pakistan

India is 7 times larger than Pakistan and most Pakistani major cities and settlements are close to the border

The Pakistani military has done wonders against a much larger foe, your indian generals should be executed considering how they have failed to defeat a much smaller country

In 47 Pakistan managed to take half if Kashmir and at the same time cut off ind8a from Afghanistan and central asia whilst creating a land route to China

In 65 india panicked after being pushed back in Kashmir and decided to attack Lahore to stop imminent defeat and loss of kashmir, intending to occupy Lahore indian forces was decimated

Even in Kargil, indian forces were routed until politics and international pressure forced Pakistan to stop supporting the mujahadeen, only this then allowed tthe indian military to end the intrusion, Pakistan to this day however still holds vital peaks in the area

It is only 71 which was a civil war that india took advantage of with Pakistan forces fighting over a thousand miles from the homeland with no supply or relief that ended in the formation of Bangladesh

How do you justify such a smaller country like Pakistan being able to take the war to india over such a long period

Ah so you are of that kind, my bad should have seen that before posting, but then i am new here. Odds were staked against IA? Seriously? With all the air support IAF could muster and all the bofor guns pounding those heights that were occupied by a para military unit that was without any artillery or air support and even without a secure line of supply, odds were staked against you???? Did you want your enemy to just lay down their arms and welcome your soldiers with Maalas.:omghaha::omghaha:

I would only rate IA/IAF/IN SF units a bit higher than the Pakistani counter parts because of their better over-all training is various terrain as well earlier adoption of force multiplier technology. Pak SF units lag a bit behind in jungle warfare

Better overall training ?:lol: And you are an expert on SSG training pattern ? I know one thing that even your officers praise the SSG training (I actually did post a cm screenshot in another thread from the book of a retired indian officer who termed the SSG training being better than their indian counterparts.

Various terrains?:lol:

SSG has fought in Afghanistan,Middle East,Africa,even SL (where they raised Sri Lankan SF from the ground up!),served in Bosnia etx etc.

Early adoption of force multipliers ??? ...Like what ? Even now your SF are using those plate carrier vests and you are bragging about some term you learnt recently ?

jungle warfare ? :lol: Try Africa,Sri Lanka or even areas like Swat valley!

Also Indian SF units are blessed with a mix of the deadliest native warriors including Gorkhas/ Ladhakis/ etc. who have extensive reputation of being the deadliest mountain/jungle warfare experts.

Going by "martial races" theory Pakistan was the recruiting ground for the british forces.... Pubjabis,Pashtuns,Gilgit Baltistanis,Baluch,Hazara (of Mongol descent) etc etc.

So don't give us this nonsense !

^^^
Problem is when it comes to India, Pak has always lost, history has proven that regardless of the nature of the misadventure, all the Pak forces who fought against India were taught a hefty lesson.

More jingoistic breast thimping with no Fukin substance or touch of reality..

Hence Gorkhas/ Ladhakis etc. outperformed Pakistani native forces and cannot be put in the same light. Let's not compare the Gilgit people to Gorkhas, the native folk of Gilgit are unknown while the Gorkhas have a fierce reputation world over.

Hahaha these native forces are the descendants of the same men whom ruled or invaded india successfully over the past 1000+ years.. and indians remained submissive .

As for the Spetnaz, it was only possible because of direct help from the US. Many of the clever ambushes were possible due to direct actionable intel from the CIA as well as advanced weapons.
LOL HAHAHA Okay.

^^^
Problem is when it comes to India, Pak has always lost, history has proven that regardless of the nature of the misadventure, all the Pak forces who fought against India were taught a hefty lesson. Hence Gorkhas/ Ladhakis etc. outperformed Pakistani native forces and cannot be put in the same light. Let's not compare the Gilgit people to Gorkhas, the native folk of Gilgit are unknown while the Gorkhas have a fierce reputation world over. As for the Spetnaz, it was only possible because of direct help from the US. Many of the clever ambushes were possible due to direct actionable intel from the CIA as well as advanced weapons.

India cant made any deep in roards into West Pakistan despite having decisive(5:1) numerical and logistical superiority on excellent tank field of punjab/Sindh, according to war logic if you have decisive numerical superiority it is matter of time that a thin country would be overruned(just because of laws of physics) it would actually count as very incompetence on part of indian army. , as for point of experience very few have active conflict experience comparable to Pakistan in post WW2 era, the two most famous unconventional wars had Pakistan at center stage.

You are even misquoting your own officially lists casualties ...(which I believe counts over 800-900 indian dead).:lol: and talking about 5000 Pakistani casualties (which weren even 500- just over 300-400).

Do you even know longewalla was an aeral bombardment of unprotected assets on ground ? Dumbass.. Otherwise the spankin IAF got was an example in itself.

Go make a Gay bollywood movie... With 1 guy killing 500 Pakistabi soldiers and couple of homosexual or fetish type songs ... With a bunch of white dancer in background..:lol: I just watch india superpower 2030..:lol:

The grand mosque operation was carried out by SSG, a GIGN officer wrote a book and in it he himself said that SSG carried out the operation.

I am happy that I can easily get recruited in Navy seals. 2 years ago I downloaded a Navy seals training manual I just wanted to surpass them physically but It was very hard especially the running and swimming part. and needed alot of time and dedication for diff types of exercises and due to my studies i cudnt complete what i started.. I had a target of running 3 kms in 12 min 50 pullups and 150 pushups in a row. but i am not so far InshaAllah will start training again from next month.

I am happy that I can easily get recruited in Navy seals. 2 years ago I downloaded a Navy seals training manual I just wanted to surpass them physically but It was very hard especially the running and swimming part. and needed alot of time and dedication for diff types of exercises and due to my studies i cudnt complete what i started.. I had a target of running 3 kms in 12 min 50 pullups and 150 pushups in a row. but i am not so far InshaAllah will start training again from next month.
The failure ratio for SSGN is 85-95%۔ That means only 5-10% make it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom