What's new

8.5 lakh new jobs, 20% pay hike in 2014, experts say

Brahmos_2

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: It may rain jobs in the new year as companies are gearing up to add over 8 lakh new employees to their payrolls and dole out salary hikes of up to 20 per cent to best performers in 2014, say experts.

As per estimates of various human resource consultants, the year 2014 seems very promising for job market unlike 2013, when hirings went slow across mid and senior levels and recruitments were done only to replace 'key' gaps.

In the new year, the country is likely to witness a huge surge of opportunities for job seekers with more and more corporates investing in their businesses.

"Yes, 2014 looks bullish on hiring. 2014 will be seen as a good happening year from the jobs perspective as the global economy is improving and India being one of the largest service provider for the global market," leading executive search firm GlobalHunt MD Sunil Goel said.

According to industry estimates, over 8.5 lakh new jobs may be created in the calendar year 2014. The issuance of new banking licences will be a major contributor, while IT, healthcare, agri-business, infrastructure and education sectors are also likely to witness robust hiring trends.

"Last calendar year was not good either for job seekers or for employers due to uncertain and fluctuated economical and political conditions. 2014 is coming with positive vibes for jobseekers and expecting to create 8.5 lacs new jobs in different sectors," Rajesh Kumar, CEO, MyHiringClub.com and FlikJobs.com said.

With regards to salary, the average hike for most sectors is expected in single digits, while top performers can expect pay rise of around 15-20 per cent in 2014, experts say.

"This New Year is going to bring cheer for employees with a salary hike of double-digit of at least 10-12 per cent. In 2014, companies are expected to revise the compensation package and explore a more motivational approach," Indian Staffing Federation vice-president Rituparna Chakraborty said.

"All indications are that the average increase will be around 10 per cent across the industries. However, as pressure is mounting on companies to keep its growth intact, high achievers will be getting increase better than last year, which may range between 15-18 per cent in different sectors," GHCL Ltd VP and head-human resources Rajesh Tripathi said.

Echoing similar sentiments, Vdopia's spokesperson, Preetesh Chouhan, VP-APAC, believes ideally a high performer receives an incremental hike of 12-15 per cent in comparison to an average rise in salary.

According to Changeyourboss.com CEO Bhupender Mehta, sectors like services, mining, construction and infrastructure are expected to up their hiring activities and companies are expected to give 12 per cent average salary hike.

Lighthouse Partners' managing partner Rajiv Burman said a new government in 2014 should emphasise on promoting growth and therefore hiring trends will also improve. The pay hikes could be 5 per cent for average performers and 10-20 per cent for high achievers, he said.

New Year cheer: 8.5 lakh new jobs, 20% pay hike, experts say - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: It may rain jobs in the new year as companies are gearing up to add over 8 lakh new employees to their payrolls and dole out salary hikes of up to 20 per cent to best performers in 2014, say experts.

As per estimates of various human resource consultants, the year 2014 seems very promising for job market unlike 2013, when hirings went slow across mid and senior levels and recruitments were done only to replace 'key' gaps.

In the new year, the country is likely to witness a huge surge of opportunities for job seekers with more and more corporates investing in their businesses.

"Yes, 2014 looks bullish on hiring. 2014 will be seen as a good happening year from the jobs perspective as the global economy is improving and India being one of the largest service provider for the global market," leading executive search firm GlobalHunt MD Sunil Goel said.

According to industry estimates, over 8.5 lakh new jobs may be created in the calendar year 2014. The issuance of new banking licences will be a major contributor, while IT, healthcare, agri-business, infrastructure and education sectors are also likely to witness robust hiring trends.

"Last calendar year was not good either for job seekers or for employers due to uncertain and fluctuated economical and political conditions. 2014 is coming with positive vibes for jobseekers and expecting to create 8.5 lacs new jobs in different sectors," Rajesh Kumar, CEO, MyHiringClub.com and FlikJobs.com said.

With regards to salary, the average hike for most sectors is expected in single digits, while top performers can expect pay rise of around 15-20 per cent in 2014, experts say.

"This New Year is going to bring cheer for employees with a salary hike of double-digit of at least 10-12 per cent. In 2014, companies are expected to revise the compensation package and explore a more motivational approach," Indian Staffing Federation vice-president Rituparna Chakraborty said.

"All indications are that the average increase will be around 10 per cent across the industries. However, as pressure is mounting on companies to keep its growth intact, high achievers will be getting increase better than last year, which may range between 15-18 per cent in different sectors," GHCL Ltd VP and head-human resources Rajesh Tripathi said.

Echoing similar sentiments, Vdopia's spokesperson, Preetesh Chouhan, VP-APAC, believes ideally a high performer receives an incremental hike of 12-15 per cent in comparison to an average rise in salary.

According to Changeyourboss.com CEO Bhupender Mehta, sectors like services, mining, construction and infrastructure are expected to up their hiring activities and companies are expected to give 12 per cent average salary hike.

Lighthouse Partners' managing partner Rajiv Burman said a new government in 2014 should emphasise on promoting growth and therefore hiring trends will also improve. The pay hikes could be 5 per cent for average performers and 10-20 per cent for high achievers, he said.

New Year cheer: 8.5 lakh new jobs, 20% pay hike, experts say - The Times of India

hope i get a campus placement , this year....

Looks like a recipe for hyper inflation。

But Indians are used to 10% plus inflation,are they not?:tup:

Bull$hit... Most of my friends are sitting at home with B.E and 2-3 years experience...

if MODI doesn't win 2014 ... I have no hope ... I am planning to migrate from India...

Bull$hit... Most of my friends are sitting at home with B.E and 2-3 years experience...

if MODI doesn't win 2014 ... I have no hope ... I am planning to migrate from India...
Tell them to prepare for GATE :angel:

Looks like a recipe for hyper inflation。

But Indians are used to 10% plus inflation,are they not?:tup:
Care to explain how more jobs leads to inflation

Bhai ye sab bakwas khabar hai .... Hike keval Software walo ko hi mil sakta verna vha pe chances ache nhi hai is bar....... or baki logo ko milega Babaji Ka Bada Wala Thullu............ Sali salary me 2-3% hike ko bhi hike kehthe hai...... Upar se PLI joki CTC ka part hota hai vo bhi phansi rehti hai cmpny me pure saal ke liye usme bhi cut ho jata poor performance ke name pe ..............Kuch bolo toh kehthe hai ki Cost cutting ka zamana hai.......

Same situation for sum of my frnd as well......... But whatsoever I will never ever think to leave my motherland................

Same situation for sum of my frnd as well......... But whatsoever I will never ever think to leave my motherland................
I lost my Business and Job, both due to this Congress incompetent government ... And I have No financial back up... Have Loans to repay... And have a family to feed...

No job in market ... ... Thinking of migrating...

If Modiji wins then may return .. or else I have lost hope in this country ...

I lost my Business and Job, both due to this Congress incompetent government ... And I have No financial back up... Have Loans to repay... And have a family to feed...

I have no idea what field you are in.

But whatever it is, a Congress led India will not appreciate your skills. Move to Australia, America, China, Japan, Europe, wherever.

There is no need to have an unfounded sense of loyalty towards India just because you were born there.

I understand u have long list of prblm but the same modi doest nt have magic wand to clear khoongress mess up in one shot if he wins..... have patience things wud certainly improve .....
But what business line you were in?

hope i get a campus placement , this year....

me too yaar.I'm persuing my masters in one of the top govt universities,yet,this year went very bad for our dept as very few secured jobs.hope,we'll get better placement than previous batch.

Back
Top Bottom