What's new

73 killed as Maoists ambush CRPF team

So I have no love lost for Chidambram. However, over a long term he managed to deliver above average in the Finance ministry and a lot of us reap the fruits of that. This Naxal problem has festered for decades. No one has taken this head on before so no one knows how bad it is.. This is the 1st set of PM&HM combination trying to do something about it (what ever the reason). They manage to take out about of 100 of Maoists in last 3-4 months.. More than what I can say about any previous attempts. The worry I have is if you throw out a Chidambram and get another one, that other one will certanly take the safer route of avoiding such events and may simply pull back into the comfort zone which his predecessors were comfy in. At least Chidambram has some skin in the game..

And as a hit back, why dump these folks and divert attention. Should go and shoot the $hit out of these mofos...

Incidently a couple of years back a similar operation took out about 50+ jawans in a river ambush on the border of Andhra and Orrissa. Now with focus on the Op Green Hunt, we are atleast getting to hear about it..Earlier, this just slid by without anyone noticing

Just my 2 cents..

I know that you have no love hate for Chidambram and believe me so do I...In fact i agree to you that he has done more than what others have...However you did not answer about the accountability part...What i want is accountability ...people who are responsible for this mishap needs to be sacked...We all know that when you are in a war there would be casualities on both sides...However just look at your numbers....We manage to kill 100 odd Moists in 4 months and those bigots got our 73 people in one go...The most blatant attack on our forces in our entire history....Such a drastic incident and no drastic measures...No one is penalized for such a tragic loss??? How come???

eeeeerrrrrrrr.........sorry, I beg to differ.........

A scout is sent to check and stalk the ground further ahead before giving the signal for the remaining company to advance...if needed further scouts are sent and the high ground is always taken before hand.......this clearly has not happenned as they had entered the KZ, and had they sent a scout, then the Naxals would have been compromised and the casualty would have been that scout alone.........

I doubt your claim that the scouts were not sent though I dont have a reason to deny it either...but I still believe the naxalites very well experinced in this kind of attacks and they are very well trained in this kind of trained and know the In and Out of the area.

and please don't tell me these people were not trained, they have the largest commitment and presence and have been trained sufficiently enough to deal with this sort of people and terrain. That is the whole point of having a paramilitary force, which by the way, is the largest in the world.

CRPF = cenral reserve police force..though i agree they have been widely called para military force I dont know why.

:disagree:No brother..you are wrong...they are not trained well enough for the kind of operation that they carry on against these naxalites in this kind of terrain. Infact the kind of terrain they are operatin g upon is not at all familiar to them...and to add to their woos ,they are not provided the sophisticated weapons and other equipment needed for the operations of that scale.....they are fighting an enemy in their homw without proper equipments,information and ofcourse most importantly training ......a battle which should be the work of army,but its here where the buck stops..the Govt.

and with the commitment part..no doubt..they are still fighting with these problems without complaining..that shows their commitment !

I know that you have no love hate for Chidambram and believe me so do I...In fact i agree to you that he has done more than what others have...However you did not answer about the accountability part...What i want is accountability ...people who are responsible for this mishap needs to be sacked...We all know that when you are in a war there would be casualities on both sides...However just look at your numbers....We manage to kill 100 odd Moists in 4 months and those bigots got our 73 people in one go...The most blatant attack on our forces in our entire history....Such a drastic incident and no drastic measures...No one is penalized for such a tragic loss??? How come???

am sure heads will roll.. Lets give it a day or so.. Interesting press conference by BJP though.. Unconditional support offered to the govt in any action taken.. Hopefully gloves are coming off..

am sure heads will roll.. Lets give it a day or so.. Interesting press conference by BJP though.. Unconditional support offered to the govt in any action taken.. Hopefully gloves are coming off..

Yeah hopefully...Though looking at our history Politicians always go scot free...Agreed interesting statement by BJP...seems like they GOI and Opposition has got the writing on the wall...Fight this menace or soon they will ambush you right in Parliament....

Why blame that poor soul Chidambram when some indians here on this very forum are openly supporting Naxals and that too living in capatilist and industry developed delhi ? Moreover they are preparing for exams so that tomorrow they can get a degree and apply for lucrative jobs in those industries, while supporting maoist and naxal ideologies at the same time.

Chidambaram might have made a mistake but there is no one else available in our "anghutha chaap" brigade of politicians to take this job.

My head is so heavy because of excessive anger that it is starting to pain now, seems like blood will rip through my artries.

Wish i could be PM/ President right now and smell of Napalm jelly would be in air of chattisgarh by now.

I'll tell you what the BJP fellows haven't done -

1947 - Partition of India - when just like Jinnah they could have accepted the Cabinet Mission Plan
1948 - Take Kashmir to UN
1962 - Get our ***** kicked by the Chinese
1977 - Emergency - forced sterilizations and suspension of democracy
1984 - Operation Blue Star and anti-Sikh pogrom
1987 - The IPKF saga - India's own Vietnam
1990 - Bankrupted the country enough for the Finance Minister to fly around the world with gold to assure the world that we will not default
1947-89 Rigged election after election in Kashmir - befriended and jailed Sheikh Abdullah when convenient.

Oh - and dynastic politics. Did I miss anything?

Ohh yess -- I will tell you what Congress didnt do or what didnt happen in congress govt.

1) BJP Supporter shiva sena - Marathi Mannus shyte
2) RSS - killing of Mahatma Gandhi
3) Attacks inside parliamnet while BJP in power
4) valentine day drama's
5) Sangs physcially abusinig college girls iin Mangalore just cuz they were inside a restaurant.
6) Kargil while bjp in power
7) Defence scams george fernandes BJP again
8) Riots everywhere, Mumbai, Gujrath
9) Burning of christian missionaires in orrisa

Well you opinion about party doesnt make a difference i even doubt if you vote.

Hari seldon? Aren't you that Hindutva nut job that posts on imdb and that right-wing Indian defence forum which i shall not name? Forgive me for not giving a damn what you think.

As for the rest, i have exams so can't give a detailed reply now. Tomorrow morning perhaps. However in response to the member who posted that those lands belong to the people of India....aren't tribals people of India? Or have you disowned them? The 5th schedule of the Indian constitution states that those lands belong to the tribals. The number of tribals is not in the 1000's either, its more in the range of millions. Get your facts straight before debating with me.

One more tidbit, according to the Home Ministry, multiple agreements (don't recall the exact number just now) have been signed with foreign mining corporations, since the late 90s, for them to mine in these areas. Doesnt it feel a bit coincidental that the former corporate board member of Vedanta and now home minister of India is at the centre stage of this fight against the maoists? Is it really about fighting the Maoists or is it about kicking tribals from their lands?

When Our PM made the statement that Maoists are the biggest security threat we face, the stocks of the mining companies went up significantly. The next day, a newspaper carried a picture of a so called Maoist guerrilla on its front page, he was armed to the teeth with bows and arrows. Greatest security threat indeed.

Sounds like Dick Cheney and Haliburton ! Its always about money.

dude.........dont blame those who were killed...they had no choice, they were going to be killed no matter what once they had entered a KZ, however, they should not have entered it in the first place....thats where the problem lies.......

Yeah blame the left govt in Bengal, PC has making efforts but buddha is being an arsehole, so what can PC do, iam surprised to see members here projecting BJP as if it would averted what has happened,

While the current BJP lot is good for nothing = goose ganders.

In other words - BJP is like a eagle which cant fly - it cant fly cuz its full of shyte.

People talk about dyansty politics, why cant themselves venture into politics and change the scenario,

Dont tell u cant, when illiterate begging gowda can become a pm in india any one can!

Yeah blame the left govt in Bengal, PC has making efforts but buddha is being an arsehole, so what can PC do, iam surprised to see members here projecting BJP as if it would averted what has happened,

In other words - BJP is like a eagle which cant fly - it cant fly cuz its full of shyte.

People talk about dyansty politics, why cant themselves venture into politics and change the scenario,

Dont tell u cant, when illiterate begging gowda can become a pm in india any one can!

You have lost me totally now..............please re-phrase....that was not an insult, I genuinely did not understand you here whilst qouting myself

dude !! what is the problem with you ?? I can see you are crying like a baby who has not been given the toy that he wants.
you want Congress in party..I dont have any problem..I am not interested in any political discussion here.but your posts are more to do with your party and love for it than the martyred jawans and the mishap.

I blame your Congress for what has happened today.If it was BJP instead of Congress,i would have criticised it as well...you simply cant shed off your resposibility by citing the faults of others.

--------------------------------------------------------------
@ Gazzi - he did not understand your post..he tends to view everything with a political angle.

You have lost me totally now..............please re-phrase....that was not an insult, I genuinely did not understand you here whilst qouting myself

Well my aplogies first of all, i shudnt have used user quota, well it was a general statement -

1) Deve Gowda a poor farmer from karnataka was PM of india - so any one can be a prime minster of india if tried - asking people to stop moaning and let the people do the job, iam sure P - Chidambaram is a efficient man better than the current BJP lot.

2) Some forumers here are trying to project BJP as the one who can do things, but at the same time forget the blunders they have made in the past. In todays BJP no one is actually capable of doing anybetter to the country!

3) And there is no co-operation from the left ruled states to the home minister so these things were expected.

dude !! what is the problem with you ?? I can see you are crying like a baby who has not been given the toy that he wants.
you want Congress in party..I dont have any problem..I am not interested in any political discussion here.but your posts are more to do with your party and love for it than the martyred jawans and the mishap.

I blame your Congress for what has happened today.If it was BJP instead of Congress,i would have criticised it as well...you simply cant shed off your resposibility by citing the faults of others.

--------------------------------------------------------------
@ Gazzi - he did not understand your post..he tends to view everything with a political angle.

Iam sure you can do that better without personnel attacks!

Well my aplogies first of all, i shudnt have used user quota, well it was a general statement -

1) Deve Gowda a poor farmer from karnataka was PM of india - so any one can be a prime minster of india if tried - asking people to stop moaning and let the people do the job, iam sure P - Chidambaram is a efficient man better than the current BJP lot.

2) Some forumers here are trying to project BJP as the one who can do things, but at the same time forget the blunders they have made in the past. In todays BJP no one is actually capable of doing anybetter to the country!

3) And there is no co-operation from the left ruled states to the home minister so these things were expected.

OK, firstly thanks for clarifying that point,

Secondly, I do agree with you that the BJP is not any better and a knee jerk reaction coming from certain quarters over this massacre will not help either........

GoI will have to solve this problem diplonatically, however, it appears that the War drum is being sounded, with meeting with the top brass at the moment.

Well done to Gen Singh who has mounted huge pressure on the Indian PM by stating the Military should not be used for a Law and Order situation. This will add to the woes on the GoI and force them to make alternate exchanges as sending in the Military now is not going to bowed well with the establishments in India, especially if Military action doesnt work

Iam sure you can do that better without personnel attacks!

ok..m sry if that hurts you but brother why every issue has to be politicised??
you replied to my first post with a total political cover and made me look like a supporter of a particular party.Did you ever see me doing that in any of my post that I have tried to brag about or insult any party ??
I am angry of this unfortunate incident and my anger is on my Govt. whover it is..that should not make anyone angry here or give a notion that I am against or with any political party.

so i dont get it who are these people ? separatists ? why doesnt the state take firm action against this ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom