What's new

71 awami league vs ltte in a pakhtun context

fna

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
so I feel that in the next 1-5 years kpk will mount an independence movement, especially if IK or Murad Saeed are killed off.
KPK will have a supply line of small arms from afghanistan. Iran maybe a conduit of arms, also to make gains in Baluchistan.

So we talk about 71-AL's success, there was India factor and the logistics factor, not to talk about bad strategy of defense of east lies in the west.

I want to contrast this to the LTTE who mounted a well funded and armed, 26 year long independence movement but never achieved independence despite inflicting heavy losses on SL army and finally lost.

I just want to ask more tactically inclined people, what were the differences between the two. Was overt Indian support the sole factor in bdesh success. I believe when India militarily engaged the Tamils in IPKF, LTTE came after them and got Rajiv.

What are your thoughts on a KPK insurgency supported at a more massive scale than TTP. I was initially thinking that the pakhtoons would give a bloody nose to PA, but thinking about LTTE not so sure anymore. In my opinion LTTE was a state within a state, they had a small air arm and naval arm also.

a war with external and internal factor involved is being fought in our country. these things happened in it. Important thing is trajectory of it which is positive in my opinion. you may not be able to see it but keeping watching.

Not necessarily....

Do you witness increase in terror attacks since 9 may fiasco..

Sustained campaigns against pak can lead to pre 2006 situation where army or pak state hardly controlled Swat...

Back
Top Bottom