What's new

7 Wonders of Pakistan - What do you think?

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I was wondering if you were to chose 7 wonders in Pakistan or should i say 7 places to visit in Pakistan what do you recommend those places to be?

I mean sometimes people create different categories like 7 Wonders of the ancient world, medieval world, modern world, historical buildings, natural wonders etc but here we have to be Pakistan specific only and you can choose from any category you like and just come up with the 7 best options in your mind

I guess my question is simple now

so i rate these 7 places

1) K2
2) Karakoram Highway
3) Khewra (Salt mines)
4) World Heritage Sites like Qila (fort) Rohtas, Harrapa & Mohenjo Daro
5) Khyber Pass
6) Faisal Masjid
7) Couple of lakes in Northern Areas and NWFP e.g. Jheel Saiful Malook, *** lusar Lake, Ansoo Lake etc

I tried to restrict myself into 7 but i guess these lakes are really amazing and should deserve at least one place in 7 wonders of Pakistan

Well.......What do you say?

Last edited:
^^^ Good thread. But I think we should have two categories. 7 natural wonders, and 7 man-made wonders

Here are my nominations. For the natural wonders, I couldn't think of any more. I'm sure there are other places more worthy. For the man-made wonders, I have more than 7, mostly historical. We can pick the top 7.

Natural Wonders
-K2
-Nangaparbat
-Saif ul mulook lake
-The salt mines of khewra
-The mud volcanoes of Balochistan
-Lalazar plateau
-Tharparkar
-The Indus river

Man-made wonders
-Mohenjo daro - Sindh
-The ruins of Taxila
-Makli graveyard - Thatta
-Karakoram highway
-Shah Jahan mosque - Thatta
-Shahi Qila - Lahore
-Badshahi mosque - Lahore
-Faisal mosque - Islamabad
-Mahabat khan mosque - Peshawar
-Rohtas fort - Punjab
-Derawar fort - Punjab
-Tarbela dam
-Mazar e Quaid - Karachi
-Tooba mosque - Karachi

My selection in present scenario is
1.Corruption
2.Zaradari
3.Fauzia Wahab
4.Sugar
5.Wheat
6.US aid
7.Electricity.

i wanted to write

1) Zardari
2) Altaf Hussain
3) Corruption
4) Rehman Malik
5) Bribe
6) Electricity
7) Terrorists

but i think i want to keep this thread clean and concentrate on the real wonders instead :pakistan:

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

great Post

My selection in present scenario is
1.Corruption
2.Zaradari
3.Fauzia Wahab
4.Sugar
5.Wheat
6.US aid
7.Electricity.

:angry:What the hell is this! You are not suppose to mention your typical thought in this topic! This post is just to highlight the wonders of Pakistan. If you can't go against your negative thoughts. Then dig it under the thousands of feet of the ground! And please remove Pakistani flag!

Regards :angry:

can you guys please provide the photos?

google it and you will find plenty :yahoo:

i will try to share some of the photos of the places mentioned above soon in this thread if i can remember

^^^ Good thread. But I think we should have two categories. 7 natural wonders, and 7 man-made wonders

Here are my nominations. For the natural wonders, I couldn't think of any more. I'm sure there are other places more worthy. For the man-made wonders, I have more than 7, mostly historical. We can pick the top 7.

Natural Wonders
-K2
-Nangaparbat
-Saif ul mulook lake
-The salt mines of khewra
-The mud volcanoes of Balochistan
-Lalazar plateau
-Tharparkar
-The Indus river

Man-made wonders
-Mohenjo daro - Sindh
-The ruins of Taxila
-Makli graveyard - Thatta
-Karakoram highway
-Shah Jahan mosque - Thatta
-Shahi Qila - Lahore
-Badshahi mosque - Lahore
-Faisal mosque - Islamabad
-Mahabat khan mosque - Peshawar
-Rohtas fort - Punjab
-Derawar fort - Punjab
-Tarbela dam
-Mazar e Quaid - Karachi
-Tooba mosque - Karachi

guys what about SWAT valley???:undecided:

guys what about SWAT valley???:undecided:

No doubt about the fascinating valley of Swat Dear! Its the combination of all beauties.. Attraction and grace of the valley of Swat is well known throughout the world. This area is witness to the generosity of nature. Its fragrance, enchanting sights, moderate climate, pleasant environment, snow covered high peaks, tumultuous Swat River, water falls, crystal clear rills and springs and the beautiful valley of lilies attract everyone to itself. We call it "Jannat Nazeer"(A view of Heaven). How could I forget the smiles of sweet children as well. :smitten:

May Allah, they may always be safe even from the smell of gun powder. (Aameen):cry:

:pakistan:

1. Jheel Saif-ul-Malook

The lake is accessible by a 14 km road from Naran (which is accessible by a road from Mansehra via Balakot and Kaghan) during the summer months. On foot, the trek from Naran to the lake takes about 4-6 hours. The water is clear with a slight green tone. The clarity of the water comes from the multiple glaciers all around the high basin which feed the lake.

A fairy tale called Saiful Muluk, written by the famous sufi poet Mian Muhammad Bakhsh, is associated with the lake. It is the story of prince of Persia who fell in love with a fairy princess at the lake. The impact of the lake beauty is of such extent that people believe that fairies come down to lake in full moon.

A poet and writer from Balakot, Ahmad Hussain Mujahid, has written the story of Saif ul Malook. The first edition of the book Saif ul Malook was published in 1999.

2. K-2​

K2 is the second-highest mountain on Earth (after Mount Everest). With a peak elevation of 8,611 metres (28,251 ft), K2 is part of the Karakoram range, and is located on the border between the Taxkorgan Tajik Autonomous County of Xinjiang, China and Gilgit, in Gilgit-Baltistan of Pakistan.

K2 is known as the Savage Mountain due to the difficulty of ascent and the 2nd highest fatality rate among the 'eight thousanders' for those who climb it. For every four people who have reached the summit, one has died trying. Unlike Annapurna, the mountain with the highest fatality rate, K2 has never been climbed in winter.

42c86465c9989dadb7897a12789a2823.jpg

3. Karakoram Highway​

The Karakoram Highway (KKH) is the highest paved international road in the world. It connects China and Pakistan across the Karakoram mountain range, through the Khunjerab Pass, at an altitude of 4,693 m/15,397 ft as confirmed by both SRTM and multiple GPS readings.

It connects China's Xinjiang region with Pakistan's Gilgit-Baltistan and also serves as a popular tourist attraction. It is also referred to as National Highway 35 or N35. Due to its high elevation and the difficult conditions in which it was constructed, it is also referred to as the "Ninth Wonder of the World."

a7c9b71f66ffee1b7a0f3c7e35a8c363.jpg

4. Khewra (Salt Mines)​

Khewra Salt Mines is a salt mine located in Khewra, Jhelum District, Punjab in Pakistan, about 160 kilometres from Islamabad and 260 kilometres from Lahore. It attracts up to 40,000 visitors per year and is the second largest salt mine in the world. Situated in the foothills of the Salt Range, the Khewra Salt Mines are the oldest in the South Asia.

Salt has been mined at Khewra since 320 BC, in an underground area of about 110 sq. km. Khewra salt mine has estimated total of 220 million tones of rock salt deposits. The current production from the mine is 325,000 tons salt per annum.

The mine-head buildings have 19 stories, with 11 below ground. Only 50% salt is extracted and 50% is left as pillers to keep the mountain. The salt-mine is 288 meters above sea level and extends around 730 meters inside the mountains from the mine-mouth. The cumulative length of all tunnels is more than 40 km.

Salt occurs in a Pre-Cambrian deposit in the form of an irregular dome like structure. There are seven thick salt seams with a cumulative thickness of about 150 meters. At places the rock salt is 99% pure. Salt is transparent, white, pink, reddish to beef-color red. There are beautiful alternate bands of red and white color salt.

cda2cd1c4a3097d87a39980a410972d2.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom