214502ih7u4hxvdh2vvif3.jpg

214648mda66ok1kn26p8sl.jpg

21464627y8igq2xxyqjo2q.jpg

#5 and #6
214927tjzed9t3jdttct4e.jpg

#7(1st 052D)
214958uy4ppqbifaz7cci4.jpg

post characteristics of these ships.....:tup:

SEVEN 052C's?? What about the 052D's? I thought the D series have improved phased array radar(flat vs. curved)?

SEVEN 052C's?? What about the 052D's? I thought the D series have improved phased array radar(flat vs. curved)?

Type 052D is either still under development or hasn't gone into mass production.

It takes a lot of time and money (about $1 billion USD) to build a Type 052C destroyer. The current production run was probably decided years ago.

There is always a lag time between new technology and ramping up production.

Type 052D is either still under development or hasn't gone into mass production.

It takes a lot of time and money (about $1 billion USD) to build a Type 052C destroyer. The current production run was probably decided years ago.

There is always a lag time between new technology and ramping up production.

An single Type 052C costed about 800 million USD in 2004, now it should be a bit cheaper now with the mass production phase.

What China needs to do is to stop delaying moving on to the big ships. Building four Type 052C a few years back is quite enough for its technologies to mature and a larger cruiser with the same radars and weaponry wouldn't hurt at all. If I could stretch the Type 052C to the size of a Ticonderoga and add 60 more VLS stations, I bet China would be in a much better position to bargain in the South China Sea.

Essentially, China has mastered all the technologies to build a modern equivalent of the Ticonderoga:
- SAPAR (Type 346 on Type 052C and EX Varyag and a new one)
- 130 mm gun (stealth turret, PJ38)
- CIWS (type 1130)
- universal vls

The last pictured is said to be the 1st 052D,a full view of which should be clear this time next year。 As a matter of fact,some reliable sources are saying that these sections could belong to the 2nd 052D, with the 1st being assembled behind the ship in the left hangar。

If true,then there are (at least) 8 ships of two types that are under construction concurrently at JN。

A total of 8 052Ds will be built by 2015, following which work will begin on the 13000 ton Type 055s。

The last pictured is said to be the 1st 052D,a full view of which should be clear this time next year。 As a matter of fact,some reliable sources are saying that these sections could belong to the 2nd 052D, with the 1st being assembled behind the ship in the left hangar。

If true,then there are (at least) 8 ships of two types that are under construction concurrently at JN。

A total of 8 052Ds will be built by 2015, following which work will begin on the 13000 ton Type 055s。

I also heard that two CVNs named after Beijing and Shanghai, which is the part of the Project 048, will be delivered by the JN Shipyard by 2020.

2hpocc3.jpg

did you hear them from military insiders?

Yep, and the segments of the indigenous AC will be unveiled by the end of this year.

It was supposed to be showed by the early of this year, while the initial plan was changed because of the EMALS.

Since two ships were built back in 2004, Type 052C construction progress went into hiatus. We can assume during this period they were trying to iron out the problems with propulsion, radar and weapon systems. The fact that they are mass producing them logically means the platform has matured.

Don't quote me on it, but some people online said they notice significant difference on ship #8 and #9. I think those two are the long rumoured 052D.

Since two ships were built back in 2004, Type 052C construction progress went into hiatus. We can assume during this period they were trying to iron out the problems with propulsion, radar and weapon systems. The fact that they are mass producing them logically means the platform has matured.

Don't quote me on it, but some people online said they notice significant difference on ship #8 and #9. I think those two are the long rumoured 052D.

The full load displacement of the Type 052D is going to be around 7000 tons which is similar to the Type 052C.

However, it gonna feature 48+16 hot launch VLS compared to the 36+12 cold launch VLS of the Type 052C, which it is significantly superior.

Back
Top Bottom