What's new

7.8 earthquake 50 km east of Pak-Iran border.

I felt it in UAE.. It was a kind bigger than usual.. I just called a friend and he was laughing at me... then i thought .. there might be some supernatural thing around..

Good thing that there isn't much infrastructure or tall buildings in Balochistan, or damage could have been worse (similar to 2005 had there been dense population like Punjab)...lets hope everything is good in Iran.

Pretty strong earthquake, my tall building was swinging. welcome break for office people....jokes apart, I hope it did not caused any damage anywhere

entire pakistan is under fault zone, the subcontinent tectonic plate collides with iranian plate just at the border of sindh, punjab and balochistan KPK

this forms the kirthar mountains at sindh and the himalayan mountains in the north

one of the reasons why the mountains of northern areas are growing every year is because the plate is still pushing into the asian plate

at least a 5.0+ earthquake has hit karachi

M 7.8 Earthquake
86km ESE of Khash, Iran
14 mins ago – U.S. Geological Survey

An earthquake with magnitude 7.8 occurred near Zahedan, Iran at 10:44:13.03 UTC on Apr 16, 2013 ...

Back
Top Bottom