What's new

62 million Pakistanis now living below poverty line

Makes no difference if it 62 million or 17% below poverty line.

Simple fact is Pakistan is a poor struggling nation at this moment in time. THATS IS A FACT

Simple fact is Pakistan is a poor struggling nation at this moment in time. THATS IS A FACT

Yeah india is heaven on earth and the worlds only super power :rolleyes:

Like a typical indian you ignore the circumstances that surround Pakistan today: war, war in afghanistan, taliban, hostile neighbor, floods, etc

As I have said before..all my info I share ..is picked from this forum itself.. .if you pay attention to detail it is all here ...and just like this forum ..my knowledge is not Pakistan specific, as for my being here supposedly all the time..that is just your bad luck..some how our sleep times just coincide.

As for your previous post I had already answered it last time..when we had this discussion..it is going exactly the same way as before..so I am going to give you break on this one..but next time you come with the argument..that this report is fabricated..I will come up with my explanations as before.

Your explanations are failures. Poverty cannot go from 17% to 36% in 6 or 8 months. The report was fabricated, and it was established NOT BY ME but in other articles as well as previous topic.

Another hubris filled dreamer, if Pakistan is poor, india is dirt poor, you should take a leaf out of the PRC and our Chinese - brothers and sister on PDF, they have been growing at over 10% for over 30 year's. But they do not even have a hint of hubris, preferring not to be called a superpower when they have already achieved that status.

Whereas 80% of indian's live on less than half a dollar a day, and your people are more malnourished than sub-Saharan Africa, you talk as if your Norway.

very sad. but one this Taliban mess is over, Pakistan will prosper...

Though I do not agree with the small military operations against th Talibaan. The only way to finish them is will wipe them out in an all out all front operation. Like te one in Swat that cleaned the swamp.

Poverty for 62% of the Pakistani population is according to the UN set poverty line of $1 a day. More than 836 million, or 77% of the entire Indian population live on less than $0.5 a day, the poverty line India sets for itself:

Nearly 80 pct of India lives on half dollar a day | Reuters

836 million Indians live on less than Rs 20 a day - Business News - IBNLive

84 Crores of Indians Earn Rs. 20 Per Day, is It Necessary to Pay for Space Research?

misleading as usual .

Your figures are not given by any international organisation or the govt of india.

The world bank in 2005 had stated that 41.6 % of india's population lived below poverty line of 1.25 $ in 2005 and this number is expected to go down to 23 % by 2015 .

The number for Pakistan in 2005 was 23 % and is more than 40 % today .

This has been pointed out on this forum but if it helps you sleep tight , believe whatever you want .:rolleyes:

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAHRZP_391E[/video]

Lying wont change facts. Poverty is going down in India but going up in Pakistan .:coffee:

Last edited by a moderator:
Another hubris filled dreamer, if Pakistan is poor, india is dirt poor, you should take a leaf out of the PRC and our Chinese - brothers and sister on PDF, they have been growing at over 10% for over 30 year's. But they do not even have a hint of hubris, preferring not to be called a superpower when they have already achieved that status.

Whereas 80% of indian's live on less than half a dollar a day, and your people are more malnourished than sub-Saharan Africa, you talk as if your Norway.

Wrong , India is poor but Pakistan is dirt poor .

According to world bank and UN BPL population by world bank standrad has gone up in Pakistan to 40 % whereas is reducing in India and is expected to reach 24 % in 2015 .

check out the youtube video by associated press i posted in my last post

Britain to double Pakistan aid | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

ISLAMABAD: Britain announced on Wednesday it was doubling its development aid for Pakistan over the next four years, but tied the increase to Islamabad’s progress on the reform agenda.

“The UK has deep family, historic and business ties with Pakistan. That’s why we are committed to Pakistan for the long term, to help millions of people lift themselves out of poverty, and to help Pakistan to grow in stability, prosperity and good governance,” British High Commissioner to Pakistan Adam Thomson said, explaining at a briefing the Pakistan context of the UK review of its overseas aid budget.

The high commissioner emphasised that the planned increase in aid was meant to “unlock the potential” of Pakistani youth and as such a large chunk of the assistance would be directed to deal with the “education emergency” by getting over 4 million children into schools, recruiting and training 90,000 new teachers and providing more than 6 million textbooks.

Pakistan, which is the second largest recipient of the British aid after Ethiopia with an annual assistance of £200 million, could see it scale up to £446 million a year by 2015. But this enhancement in assistance, focusing on key areas of education, health, financial inclusion, democracy and governance, is conditional and Islamabad will have to prove its commitment to reforming itself.

If we want to fix this then education is the way. So is ridding the country of corruption

misleading as usual .

Your figures are not given by any international organisation or the govt of india.

The world bank in 2005 had stated that 41.6 % of india's population lived below poverty line of 1.25 $ in 2005 and this number is expected to go down to 23 % by 2015 .

The number for Pakistan in 2005 was 23 % and is more than 40 % today .

This has been pointed out on this forum but if it helps you sleep tight , believe whatever you want .:rolleyes:

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAHRZP_391E[/video]

Lying wont change facts. Poverty is going down in India but going up in Pakistan .:coffee:

everything is misleading against india :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom