What's new

600,000 illegal Afghan refugees living in Pakistan

shahbaz baig

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
600,000 illegal Afghan refugees living in Pakistan

PESHAWAR:

There are presently 600,000 illegal Afghan refugees living in different parts of Pakistan The chief commissioner of Afghan refugees in Pakistan said on Tuesday.

Dr Imran Zeb was speaking at the closing ceremony of Refugee Affected Hosting Areas (RAHA) skills development programme held at the University of Peshawar.

Zeb said the federal government would start a drive from July to register Afghan aliens.

"The government has joined hands with the Afghan regime to carry out this initiative,” he added.

The chief commissioner said almost one million Afghan nationals were living in the country with complete documents.

Whereas, 0.4 million have returned back to their country.

Zeb informed the audience that a memorandum of understanding was inked between the Ministry of States and Frontier Regions (SAFRON) and the National Database and Registration Authority on May 11.

“Through this, the process of registering undocumented Afghan refugees will begin,” he explained.

Afghan woman living in Pakistan dreams of becoming dental surgeon

The commissioner said 21 registration centres and mobile teams would work to register the refugees.

Moreover, to identify their number, the Afghan government will provide 100 officials who will be on duty at the registration points.

“Before the registration process, an awareness campaign will be launched in the province related to inform the illegal refugees about the benefits of having themselves registered,” he said.

Subsequently, the registration process will be completed within six months.

UNHCR Representative for Pakistan Indrika Ratwatte along with RAHA Chief Coordinator Yakub Mehsud also spoke on the occasion.

Mehsud said the Ministry of SAFRON would look after the skill-training programme for the refugees.

The UNHCR will financially support the project with RAHA as the implementing partner.

In all, 755 trainees have been put through a rigorous three-month course which began on January 16 this year.

The trainees were selected from nine districts of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, five districts of Balochistan and one each from Sindh and Punjab respectively.

Mehsud said 475 males and 280 females, of which 325 and 192 were Afghan nationals respectively, participated in nine diverse skill-training courses.

He added that of the nine fields of training, six were for males.

They include repairing and installing solar panels, plumbing, electrician training, fridge repairing, tailoring and mobile repairing.

Furthermore, six were for females including embroidery, beautification and computer operating.

Mehsud said five government institutions and five private bodies were running the programme for the second time.

The students provide training courses cost, all training costs as well as travelling cost.

Ratwatte appreciated the efforts of Afghan students and encouraged them to use their skills to develop Pakistan.

Plight of Afghan refugees

He said there was a dire need in both Pakistan and Afghanistan for skilled human resources.

The UNHCR representative added that such programmes were a catalyst for achieving this goal.

“When these students return to their home country, these acquired skills will help them financially as well as impart these skills to others,” he added.

“When these students return to their home country, these acquired skills will help them financially as well as impart these skills to others,”

Haha

And still they hate us.At least give some honor to your host who is giving your shelter and feeding you.
My classfellow is an Afghan student from Kabul.He and other Afghanis pay no dues and also get monthly scholarships and still they abuse Pakistan about durand line.
In Suraiki there is a saying,
"Do not pee at the place where you eat".
It totally reflects Afghanis.

The number of illegal Afghan refugees in Pakistan easily tops million.

This is besides the 1.3 million registered Afghans refugees in Pakistan. And all legal/illegal refugees have been living in Pakistan for the last 45 years. They were allowed free movement just like Kashmiris who settled and prospered in various part of Pakistan.

Source: UNHCR welcomes new government policy for Afghans in Pakistan

In the Past five years the government has made efforts to send these legal/illegal afghans back to their country. Since then I feel, there has been a noticeable decline in the number of incidents related to terrorism and other crimes in our country. Our military and civil government should further facilitate ridding our country of this cancer. I'm not saying all afghans are the same but atleast majority of them are thankless individuals who hate Pakistan.

And still they hate us.At least give some honor to your host who is giving your shelter and feeding you.
My classfellow is an Afghan student from Kabul.He and other Afghanis pay no dues and also get monthly scholarships and still they abuse Pakistan about durand line.
In Suraiki there is a saying,
"Do not pee at the place where you eat".
It totally reflects Afghanis.

That is the problem with our government. They have decided to help Afghan people but they have not developed a system and a criterion for them. As you said that your Kabuli classmate abuses Pakistan despite all the favors Pakistan is bestowing upon him for no reason. Please report him with evidence to the local authorities. When that ungrateful guest is ranting nonsensically against the benevolent hosts, please record those moments with the help of your friends and present it as an evidence. However do not get yourself angry to the point where you do something that may hamper the course of law and remember that "the hand that gives (alms) is better than the hand that takes (alms)".

That is the problem with our government. They have decided to help Afghan people but they have not developed a system and a criterion for them. As you said that your Kabuli classmate abuses Pakistan despite all the favors Pakistan is bestowing upon him for no reason. Please report him with evidence to the local authorities. When that ungrateful guest is ranting nonsensically against the benevolent hosts, please record those moments with the help of your friends and present it as an evidence. However do not get yourself angry to the point where you do something that may hamper the course of law and remember that "the hand that gives (alms) is better than the hand that takes (alms)".
Good suggestion bro..!
I will try to follow that.InshAllah.

Good suggestion bro..!
I will try to follow that.InshAllah.
Great!!!
Because just ranting against them online will not help us much. It is our responsibility to keep an eye on our surroundings and if we find such people, we should report them to the authorities with due evidence and without getting emotional or losing temper.

If the authorities do not do anything then as the next step, we can share the evidence with public through youtube or other online media.

and we will continue to do so , our Army and Political leadership is incompetent to put our own national interest first ..

and we will continue to do so , our Army and Political leadership is incompetent to put our own national interest first ..
Yar I just heard Gen QJB....I feel he is sincere... you know that I have been quite upset about his back down on Dawn-Leaks... I want to give more wait...Do you know that the lawyer was arranged by PA at ICJ.

Yar I just heard Gen QJB....I feel he is sincere... you know that I have been quite upset about his back down on Dawn-Leaks... I want to give more wait...Do you know that the lawyer was arranged by PA at ICJ.

yes i know PA has selected/Provide the lawyer .. but dawn leaks were his chance to keep NS in his pocket, at least play his cards correct , once marium nawaz was in the net he can use her to make NS make policies that would help Pakistan in long run .. He Bajwa is accepting that NS has take army in confidence before meeting to Jindal ... i mean seriously what he is thinking ? he is 2 steps ahead of kiyani when it comes to be a pu$$y

hmm thats like a sizable army ....if needed to attack from within to disrupt a nation during war..

so are these afghan refugees armed by any chance?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom