What's new

Featured 60 Aircraft To Participate in 'Shaheen X' Exercise Being Held in China

Though he is generally right but at the same time, he is also undermining JF17 capabilities especially of block3.

One thing should be made clear here that JF17 is in light weight category where as J10C is in medium category so naturally J10 will carry more weapon payload. Hence both planes have their own importance since both are designed as per their need.

At the end of the day, we may not be adding major technological upgrade in the form of J10Cs with Block3 thunders around but still its a welcome addition even if it results in the slight increase of our air superiority capabilities. Slight increase is better than adding nothing.
When you compare a fiat 500 to a Mercedes GLE.

Only stupid people do that

Pardon if this hurts your feelings, but he's correct and all analysts I spoke with - especially those who have seen both types - agree.
He is correct in your opinion...and here is what you are supporting
absolutely no comparison between a JF-17 Block 3 and a J-10C. The JF-17 block 3 is inferior in every single regard, simply because it’s a cheaper, smaller aircraft, and Pakistanis need to start admitting that.
So comparing a fiat 500 to a Mercedes GLE and yiu support him by saying he is correct.

Just to let you know...I am an aerospace engineers with a masters in aircraft design from Cranfield institute of technology. I also did research at DRAE as it was known then at Farnborough into combustor design and emissions and lean burn. Plus worked on the design of inner wing of the a320 and a330 for BAE. So pardon me if I tell you. No you don't know what you are talking about or supporting.
Just because I dont take this place seriously doesn't mean I don't know what I am talking about.
Have a nice day. I hope your feeling are intact...I guess a ban is coming for me @waz @The Eagle

absolutely no comparison between a JF-17 Block 3 and a J-10C. The JF-17 block 3 is inferior in every single regard, simply because it’s a cheaper, smaller aircraft, and Pakistanis need to start admitting that.
So comparing a fiat 500 to a Mercedes GLE and yiu support him by saying he is correct.

Just to let you know...I am an aerospace engineers with a masters in aircraft design from Cranfield institute of technology. I also did research at DRAE as it was known then at Farnborough into combustor design and emissions and lean burn. Plus worked on the design of inner wing of the a320 and a330 for BAE. So pardon me if I tell you. No you don't know what you are talking about or supporting.
Just because I dont take this place seriously doesn't mean I don't know what I am talking about.
Have a nice day. I hope your feeling are intact...I guess a ban is coming for me @waz @The Eagle

Why so angry and yes, my feelings are intact as well as why should there be a ban?

In fact I must apologise since I only briefly read his comment op to absolutely no comparison between a JF-17 Block 3 and a J-10C. The JF-17 block 3 is inferior in every single regard, due to its size and so on! His argument is indeed none.

But, and that's what I stand for, the J-10 is the more capable type IMO and by all accounts of analysts I spoke to. That is neither meant as an insult.

As such, thanks for your open words, sorry if I hurt your feelings and all the best, take care.

Deino

By the way ... seems as if Shaheen X is either very secret or hot happening?

Why so angry and yes, my feelings are intact as well as why should there be a ban?

In fact I must apologise since I only briefly read his comment op to absolutely no comparison between a JF-17 Block 3 and a J-10C. The JF-17 block 3 is inferior in every single regard, due to its size and so on! His argument is indeed none.

But, and that's what I stand for, the J-10 is the more capable type IMO and by all accounts of analysts I spoke to. That is neither meant as an insult.

As such, thanks for your open words, sorry if I hurt your feelings and all the best, take care.

Deino

By the way ... seems as if Shaheen X is either very secret or hot happening?
Thank you.

Af course the j10c is more capable. Its a much bigger beast.

They two aircraft are in a very different class. Comparing them is as I said b4 like comparing a fiat 500 to a Mercedes GLE

Thank you.

Af course the j10c is more capable. Its a much bigger beast.

They two aircraft are in a very different class. Comparing them is as I said b4 like comparing a fiat 500 to a Mercedes GLE

I can only agree with you! Sorry for the misunderstanding.

You just backed my point, if the comparison is unfair, then why do Pakistanis keep thinking the JF-17 can somehow cover the roles of a J-10C sized aircraft in the PAF, and how do they justify not buying the J-10C by saying the JF-17 can cover its roles. I don’t think the JF-17 is bad, it’s good for it’s price, but it’s not good for the roles We need a J-10C (or a similar sized aircraft for).
Another armchair expert....inferiority of a war machine is purely based on price. What a genius
If only a masters degree in aerospace taught people basic decency and respect, maybe we’d be in a better place, how about a masters degree in basic comprehension for you next? Straight to personal insults, I didn’t even say anything about you. And then he’ll say he doesn’t take the forum seriously, what a joke.

Even if Jf17 does similar duties to J10 with marginal improvement per plane. Given the break neck speed of modernization (2 new subs in 12 months, Hq9, VT4, likely all 4 frigates by next year) maybe our planners are convinced we will be facing a belligerent India sooner rather than later. Mind you many of these have been signed for year ago, before Feb 2019. J 10 by itself wouldnt make much sense (to my non military brain). But if you are expecting to lock horns within the next 24 months, makes a lot of sense.

So no Shaheen X exercise for 2022. I guess J-10C sales promotion to PAF completed during Shaheen IX and X is not needed.

I already make a bold statement during last year Shaheen IX that PLAAF will bring out their most advance aerial, EW, and combat system to completely convince Pakistan side the merit of getting J-10C.

China side even bring with KJ-500 awacs to demonstrate the prowess combo of both with J-10C to win virtually all BVR and EW encounter.

I don't understand why anyone would compare all planes together. JF17 and J10 are different types. The JF17 is like a pickup truck and the J10 is like a sports car. The J10C's mission is to conduct air combat at high subsonic speeds, while the JF17 is a multi-role fighter similar to the F16, with emphasis on maneuverability at low and medium subsonic speeds. The J10C is very inefficient for ground attack and the J10A does not even have ground attack capability.

Some people in China even think J10C should be replaced with JF17. Because there are J11B, J20 for air combat missions. There are J16, SU30, JH7 for ground attacks. J10C is in a very awkward position. But the J10C has its own advantages in that it is designed for high subsonic and supersonic speeds, and has a faster response time when intercepting enemy intrusions. A single engine gives it greater mobility. And lower operating costs. The J10C also proved its ability to act like an assassin in the exercise, posing a great threat to opponents in a short period of time, proving it to be an excellent interceptor.

In arms sales, the J10C is less competitive. It is not suitable for most countries as a specially enhanced air combat aircraft. Most countries maintain only a few fleets. They need one plane to solve all their problems, and they don't have a very powerful enemy. Just like the average family is more suited to a pickup truck than a sports car. Multirole fighters like Rafale, JF17, F16 and SU30 are more popular than air superiority fighters like F15, SU27 and J10.

So no Shaheen X exercise for 2022. I guess J-10C sales promotion to PAF completed during Shaheen IX and X is not needed.

I already make a bold statement during last year Shaheen IX that PLAAF will bring out their most advance aerial, EW, and combat system to completely convince Pakistan side the merit of getting J-10C.

China side even bring with KJ-500 awacs to demonstrate the prowess combo of both with J-10C to win virtually all BVR and EW encounter.

Shaheen exercises have nothing to do with selling J10C or anything else - and everything to do with cross training and interoperability of forces .....

Back
Top Bottom