What's new

Featured 60 Aircraft To Participate in 'Shaheen X' Exercise Being Held in China

So no Shaheen X exercise for 2022. I guess J-10C sales promotion to PAF completed during Shaheen IX and X is not needed.
So, Shaheen's objectives are entirely different! If I were to quote one example from the last Shaheen Ex... it'd be this..

Setting: Capability Brief.

PLAAF J-16 pilot, while discussing 'adversary platforms', stops at Su-30MKI - looks at the Pakistani audience, and goes; "Here is our common enemy, I say we **** them up". Followed with laughs & loud claps.

So, you can well understand what both sides have in mind. :)

Shaheen exercises have nothing to do with selling J10C or anything else - and everything to do with cross training and interoperability of forces .....
Why no Shaheen IX in 2021? And the it coincide with confirmed sales of J-10C to PAF. It used to be a cross exercise for PLAAF and PAF but this exercise proves to be the only venue to demonstrate J-10C value to PAF. I am sure Shaheen XI will be back on 2022 with PAF J-10C to exercise with other PLAAF aircraft.

Why no Shaheen IX in 2021? And the it coincide with confirmed sales of J-10C to PAF. It used to be a cross exercise for PLAAF and PAF but this exercise proves to be the only venue to demonstrate J-10C value to PAF. I am sure Shaheen XI will be back on 2022 with PAF J-10C to exercise with other PLAAF aircraft.

It is an odd piece of thinking and logic that you are putting together to say one is related to the other - quite illogical.

I am sure the training exercise frequently is determined by operational needs and development and testing of new military doctrines - and less to do with "selling something .....".

confirmed sales of J-10C to PAF
Shaheen has always been what it is: Military drill. It gets nothing to do with business.

Moreover there is no confirmed deal on J-10C thus far. The rumor originated from Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed saying "J-10 will attend the Pakistan Day ceremony on 23 March 2022", it does not exclude the possibility that he actually meant "J-10 (of PLAAF)" till this very moment.

Judging by many observations and some facts, in my opinion there is no such deal can possibly be made.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom