What's new

560th Anniversary of the Conquest of Istanbul

BronzePlaque

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
29 May 2013

The celebrations for the 560th anniversary of the conquest of Istanbul started on Wednesday with prayers and visits to the tomb of Sultan Mehmed the Conqueror at Fatih Mosque in Istanbul.

Following Quran recitation by the imam of Fatih Mosque and prayers for Sultan Mehmed the Conqueror, traditional drinks from Ottoman time and Turkish delight was served to the people.

Istanbul Governor Huseyin Avni Mutlu stated that they remembered Sultan Mehmed the Conqueror with deep gratitude and said, "It is divine grace that such a great city as Istanbul belongs to our nation. We are aware of the beauty and sacredness of this city and regard serving the people of this city as honourable. We wish God's mercy and grace to our ancestors who made us feel proud of our history."

Mehmed the 2nd, or widely known as Sultan Mehmed the Conqueror, was a Sultan of the Ottoman Empire in the 15th century.
fatih-sultan.jpg

At the age of 21, he conquered Istanbul and brought an end to the Byzantine Empire, transforming the Ottoman state into an empire.

Good times..BTW a nice documentary by History Channel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Veni, Vidi, Vici!

The Ottoman sultan with the greatest achievement, Fatih Sultan Mehmet Han!

fatih-sultan-mehmet-ka-ya-nda-istanbulu-feth-etti1.jpg

Hadith:

Verily you shall conquer Constantinople. What a wonderful leader will he be, and what a wonderful army will that army be

Weren't the Ottomans Muslims?

Kemalists must hate them for this. :lol:

The celebrations of the conquest of Istanbul :cheesy:

Last edited by a moderator:
You should get this in your head,WE DONT HAVE THIS RELIGION DIVIDE!
A Turk is a Turk no matter what he/she believes.
Btw,Ottomans where more then just muslims.

That's what I respect Turkey for. I admire them for their democratic and tolerant values.

I would say that the Ottoman Empire was known for its Islamic value ,but at the same time, The Sultans were tolerant to some extents.

This time we will conquer the hearts:azn:

Neo-Ottoman tactics? :D

Seriously, you guys just did.

That's what I respect Turkey for. I admire them for their democratic and tolerant values.

I would say that the Ottoman Empire was known for its Islamic value ,but at the same time, The Sultans were tolerant to some extents.

Neo-Ottoman tactics? :D

Seriously, you guys just did.
So our tactics are working,i love it when a plan comes true:smokin:

Turks celebrating their subjugation to Arab medieval imperialism. :cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom