What's new

50 Pakistani Zainebiyoun Brigade fighters killed in Turkish strikes in Syria

50 Pakistani fighters killed in Turkish strikes in Syria — Pakistan security officials

NAIMAT KHAN

March 06, 2020

KARACHI: Up to 50 Pakistani fighters have been killed in military action by the Turkish army and Syrian regime forces in Syria’s last major rebel stronghold in the northwest of the country, two Pakistani security officials said this week.

Fighting has escalated dramatically in recent days in Idlib in northwest Syria, where Turkey has sent thousands of troops and military vehicles in the last month to counter Syrian government forces’ advances in the last remaining bastion held by rebels. On the opposite side in Syria’s nine-year conflict is Russia, which supports President Bashar Assad and has also carried out airstrikes in recent days.

On Thursday, Turkey and Russia agreed to a cease-fire deal after talks in Moscow to contain a conflict that has displaced nearly a million people in three months.

“The number of those [Pakistanis] killed is more than 50,” a security official told Arab News on condition of anonymity as he was not authorized to speak to the media about the issue.

A second official, from Pakistani intelligence, confirmed that 50 Pakistanis had been killed.

2001871-899350086.jpg

A poster showing 47 Pakistani militiamen associated with Zainebiyoun Brigade is being shared by Zainebiyoun on its Facebook page on March 1, 2020 with an Urdu caption that reads “today is Shabb-e-Jumma (Night of Juma) Surah Fateh for the martyrs of Zainebiyoun).

Pakistan’s foreign office did not respond to Arab News queries when contacted to comment on this news.

The deceased likely belong to Zainebiyoun Brigade, a militant group that was placed on the US Treasury’s financial blacklist in January 2019 and comprises Pakistani Shias fighting in Syria and Iran.

According to media reports, Zainebiyoun Brigade has over 800 Pakistanis fighting in Syria. The group’s fighters are allegedly trained by Iran’s Quds Force, the military unit responsible for projecting Iran’s influence via proxies across the Middle East.

“Following the clashes in Syria’s Idlib [region], 21 members of Fatemiyoun and Zainebiyoun brigades were martyred,” Iran’s Hawzah News Agency reported on Sunday, adding that 18 of the deceased belonged to the Zainebiyoun Brigade.

“This is not the first incident where Pakistanis have been killed in Syria,” Pakistani security analyst Muhammad Amir Rana said, adding that Pakistani militants fighting for both Daesh and Assad’s forces, had been killed in Syria in the past. He said many Pakistanis had also been arrested upon their return from Syria but could not provide an exact number of fatalities.

2001876-732961063.jpg

Coffin of Naver Khan, a Pakistani militiaman of Zainebiyoun Brigade, is being taken for funeral at Qom city of Iran on March 1, 2020.

Defense analyst Brig. (R) Mahmood Shah said a small number of Sunni militants had also gone to Syria to join Daesh.

“People from the Shia community have religious affinity with Iran, Iraq and Syria and sacred places over there, so their number may be high,” Shah told Arab News. “With war intensifying in the coming days, more deaths [of Pakistanis] are expected.

Last month, Pakistani police claimed to have arrested an important member of the Zainebiyoun brigade from the port city of Karachi.

https://www.arabnews.pk/node/1637736/pakistan
Now lets see who talks about Shia missing persons !

its an American researcher finds about the war , In Iran government tried very hard to hide it as we didn't want to disrupt our ties with Pakistan at the time of war and after it.

The great white Americana researchers yeah right, got you right there. It's not your fault any control freak regime will come up with fairy tales like this to create a national over protective bunkarized mentality.

Everyone around is bad, nobody likes us, everyone wants a piece of us - - - - - - - -

Here's a thing, we don't have high hopes in you guys either.

The great white Americana researchers yeah right, got you right there. It's not your fault any control freak regime will come up with fairy tales like this to create a national over protective bunkarized mentality.

Everyone around is bad, nobody likes us, everyone wants a piece of us - - - - - - - -

Here's a thing, we don't have high hopes in you guys either.
as I said Iran government tried to hide it and the one who published it was not Iranian but Americans , so go and complain to them not us after all they are your allies not us

they didn't went there because of money alone , they wentthere because of their belief . and I'll assure you if we want to use them against pakistan .... that wouldn't be pretty.
Can you specify to what does their belief guide them??
Killing raping and demographical change(read genocide) or something else?
you are saying they aren’t mercenaries yet at the same time according to you if iran decides to use pakistanis against pakistan that wouldn’t be very nice....
When someone fights for foreign country against his homeland then he is definitely nit only a traitor but also mercenary
For example you criticize americans for waging wars in countries which are thousands kilometers away but what about these so called volunteers from pakistan afghanistan which are also thousands kilometers alway from syria

Can you specify to what does their belief guide them??
Killing raping and demographical change(read genocide) or something else?
you are saying they aren’t mercenaries yet at the same time according to you if iran decides to use pakistanis against pakistan that wouldn’t be very nice....
When someone fights for foreign country against his homeland then he is definitely nit only a traitor but also mercenary
For example you criticize americans for waging wars in countries which are thousands kilometers away but what about these so called volunteers from pakistan afghanistan which are also thousands kilometers alway from syria
where i said they are not mercenary. and for the information human psychology is a lot more complicated than the sterotype that a mercenary do anything for money .
to be hnnest if I want to ue these guys against pakistan rather use Afghan or Arabs against you than Pakistani ones.

a mercenary can go to war for many things one is money , one is ideology ,.....

and if they fight against their homeland no doubt they are traitors like mko , but Did these guys have ever fought against pakistan ?

about these guys Syrian government must make their complaint. and I didn't heard any yet.

Salaam

I am curious about why the Iranians couldn't find a few thousand 'brothers who had the courage and pride to fight a righteous war' from within in Iran? Why did your leadership choose to look for courageous and proud fighters in other countries?

It's not that Iran come to neighboring country one fine morning and started hiring people in Pakistan.
Hate factories were in work in Pakistan since the (un) holy revolution in Iran and to support this hate during war time, anti Arab propaganda must be pressed on popular media.
I have said it in past and will say again, in order to bring peace in middleast Pakistan's border with Iran must remain sealed for at least one year.

where i said they are not mercenary. and for the information human psychology is a lot more complicated than the sterotype that a mercenary do anything for money .
to be hnnest if I want to ue these guys against pakistan rather use Afghan or Arabs against you than Pakistani ones.

a mercenary can go to war for many things one is money , one is ideology ,.....

and if they fight against their homeland no doubt they are traitors like mko , but Did these guys have ever fought against pakistan ?

about these guys Syrian government must make their complaint. and I didn't heard any yet.
Syrian government???

Brothers mine some good people have been advocating for a u.n mandated Muslim troops to be deployed around Rozas in Syria. Nobody listen to that and the arrogance of those involved in this conflict is to be blamed for drawing people attention when footages of takfiris bombing sacred Muslim sites started to emerge. At one point I did want to volunteer not that I love Assad or his douchebag father, would happily a put bullet in his head, but you never allow anyone desecrating The Prophet's Saww Grand daughter's Roza Mubarak - - - - - - -
Mente My own mother is Shia, and so is most of my maternal family.

I love the Ahl e Bait too, and would volunteer myself but these 50 boys were killed protecting any shrine.

They died fighting Turkish army, thats not their job bro.
These people died because of Irans sectarian politics man.

They destroyed 50 families.

as I said we never considered it as an State sponsored action but some of your pilots were used as mercenaries in that war and we always considered it their personal choice at the end of Karbala-5 operation its estimated that Iraq had 900 airplane and less than 200 trained pilot , Saddam needed foreign mercenaries to operate them , he got them from USSR , Belgium , France , Egypt and Pakistan

You forgot that in 1980 to 1988, we fully supported Iran against illegal Iraqi invasion of your homeland. We sent medicine, aid workers, food, and allowed ourselves to be used as a transit hub for Iranian goods. After all of that you will accuse us of supporting Iraq (who was a full ally of India?) This was regardless of lukewarm reception of 1979 Iranian revolutionary government to Pakistan.

Propaganda is such that you can accuse us of anything you like, but it doesn't make it true. We earned ire of Arab gulf friends for Iran many times, to the point that now the Arabs have become totally pro-Indian and backstabbing Iranian regime has too unfortunately.

I'll assure you if we want to use them against pakistan .... that wouldn't be pretty.

Try it. You won't get the same meek, peaceloving response as previous governments. Pakistan has become much more aggressive and confident in pursuit of its national interests.

the problem , Sunnis go and join a group which is designated by anybody in the world as terrorist , Shia go and join a group that only designated by USA and in one case Canada as terrorist

The problem is that Iranians are officially helping and officially recognizing Shia militants in Syria, without approval from Pakistan and Afghanistan.

This is state-sanctioned terrorism. There are no Pakistanis on rebel side as I know of.

It's not that Iran come to neighboring country one fine morning and started hiring people in Pakistan.
Hate factories were in work in Pakistan since the (un) holy revolution in Iran and to support this hate during war time, anti Arab propaganda must be pressed on popular media.
I have said it in past and will say again, in order to bring peace in middleast Pakistan's border with Iran must remain sealed for at least one year.

We have to become very strict about this issue with Iran and cut the cord which connects them to our Shia citizens. No one should be allowed to use our citizens in this manner.

well being a mercenary is not a proud job but if it pay the bill , I say its a gray zone job , officially its not sponsored terrorism just look at many security firm and mercenary company around the world why if Iran operate one or two its sponsoring terrorism but if USA and Britain operate one it's legitimate business . Don't KSA use them in Yemen , Didn't USA used them in Iraq and Afghanistan ?

Yeah both KSA & Iran are different sides of the same coin.

no not part of it, those are not Iranian , they work under Syrian and russian commands and decision making

they didn't went there because of money alone , they wentthere because of their belief . and I'll assure you if we want to use them against pakistan .... that wouldn't be pretty.

I assure you that if you try that (Sipah Mohammadi) it will not fare well for your u either. Its a dirty game 2 can play boss.

well in fact in that war pakistani mercenaries used by Saddam not Iran

In Qom not Tehran

Security Network job something like ACADEMI, G4S, FDG Corp, MRPI, Aegis Defence Service, Erinys International, Northbridge Services Group ,..... only instead of being run by westerners its run by a middle eastern country . why its Ok if westerners run such companies but god forbid if some middle eastern country run one , it become terrorism and sectarianism and ....

who call them terrorist , USA ? guess its up to Syrian , and Iraqi government to decide if they are terrorist or not .

Its something like ACADEMI or G4S only run y iran instead of westerners .

do you think not reporting the disease make you safe , ask yourself why your country health don't report the disease just pray and hope you are not like this, you better than anybody knew the situation of your health system so please let not go there
and about Pakistan government if they represent a foreign country interest instead of Pakistan then do something about it

well its also their belief .

as I said if you think so you must do something about your government as I recall your Army have legally the Authority to do so , are you implying they also rather consider Iran Interest than Pakistan's ? if so then Kudos to Iran .

As I recall the target was not mecca but the flight path was over Mecca , that's a lot of difference

the problem , Sunnis go and join a group which is designated by anybody in the world as terrorist , Shia go and join a group that only designated by USA and in one case Canada as terrorist
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_designated_terrorist_groups

Saddam was Paks enemy who even supported india on Kashmir issue, and here you are making fake claims of Pakistanis fighting for saddam ?

Saddam was Paks enemy who even supported india on Kashmir issue, and here you are making fake claims of Pakistanis fighting for saddam ?
Say to your ally usa who published it . by the way do you think all pkistani care about Saddam was your enemy (in fact he was not, you just didnt had good ties) at the time we had Iranian who worked for Saddam.

Back
Top Bottom