What's new

5 signs India won't become an economic power

Just stating the obvious that you the the west to keep on buying your fake crap :)

You know that India has a huge trade deficit to China right, and that it keeps growing bigger and bigger every year? :lol:

Also, do you know who are the top 5 computer makers in India?

Lenovo emerges as top PC seller in India, overtakes Dell & HP - Economic Times

None of them are Indian, and the top spot is taken by a Chinese company.

When your fellow Indians are making less than $1 a day, it's quite hard to sneer at a Lenovo Laptop which costs anywhere from $500 to $1000 for a single unit.

Reforms are preceded with bottlenecks. Unprecedented scale of huge investments are being made in the infrastructure which will reap rewards in coming future. True service sector has brought quick money to the urban middle class, the next fledgling generation in the wings, will have the potential to innovate and develop on scale that was previously unimaginable. My belief is it can only get better, there is no other option.

We are a young nation, with tremendous aspirations fueled by the imagination of millions. only for a very short span, these aspirations can be marred by tyrannical policies, in the long run there will be restructuring of the economy. We need a system that will bolster the infrastructural development to crate social balance, and with the same fervor will provide limitless opportunities to innovators in technology. We will need an economy that would re invest heavily in primary and secondary education.

@iajdani; Iam a very patriotic Indian, and i can say this for most of the educated Indians, We do not want to see India as a superpower, What we want is a country where there is no starvation, no social injustice,a country with good roads and every house with electricity and potable water, a country where every Indian has the equal opportunity to education and healthcare. we can leave playing super power to others. We are not trying to sell our model of political governance to anyone.

didn't yoy realise he was just here to troll

So you want to compare percentages, without any reference to the base size of the economy? OK.

Did you know that Sri Lanka is growing at 8.2%, Bangladesh is growing at 6.7%, and Bhutan is growing at 8.4%?

Forget being the "2nd fastest growing economy in the world", India is not even the 2nd fastest growing economy in South Asia, in percentage terms.

So you want compare based on size of economy....

India growth came down 8% to 5.5 % (slow down of 2.5%) and China came down from 9.5% to 7% (slow down of 2.5%)

Since China is 3 times bigger economy ...it is facing bigger slow down 2.5 % of 7.5 trillion dollar vs 2.5 % of 1.8 trillion dollar of India

Since China is 3 times bigger economy ...it is facing bigger slow down 2.5 % of 7.5 trillion dollar vs 2.5 % of 1.8 trillion dollar of India

Poor maths. :lol:

China's economy is more than FOUR times larger than India's economy, even with those numbers you gave (which were wrong).

You know that India has a huge trade deficit to China right, and that it keeps growing bigger and bigger every year? :lol:

When your fellow Indians are making less than $1 a day, it's quite hard to sneer at a Lenovo Laptop which costs anywhere from $500 to $1000 for a single unit.

This is Lenovo who bought out IBM's PC business right? ;) hey im not knocking your growth model people who can't afford to buy the iphone often go for cheap Chinese knockoffs instead, i see alot of made in China goods down the market but everyone knows they sell on price not the quality of the product.

You forgot the main sentence in that article:

Lenovo's push to the top was aided by a large order from the Tamil Nadu government to supple free laptops to graduating school children - a promise made during last year's state assembly elections.

Lenovo became # 01 bcs of TN contract and like in any Govt contract the lowest bidder will get the contract. I will wait for 2012 results.

When a country's growth rate fluctuate more than 4-5% year to year basis which means everything is wrong in that economy. A stable developing country can not grow 9% in one year and 5% the next year. I dont see any bright future for Indian economy unless fundamentals of economy is made right and growth brings benefit to the 50% of the lower segment of the society not the internet coolies who answer white guys call and take 500 dollar/month home and think that India is supa powa.

India slow down 2.5% (from 8% to 5.5 %)
India slow down 2.5% (from 9.5% to 7 %)

where did you see 4-5% fluctuation....are you talking about Bangladesh?

This is Lenovo who bought out IBM's PC business right? ;) hey im not knocking your growth model people who can't afford to buy the iphone often go for cheap Chinese knockoffs instead, i see alot of made in China goods down the market but everyone knows they sell on price not the quality of the product.

If Indians can only afford to buy the fake stuff, then who's fault is that? :lol:

Anyway, Lenovo is the number 1 computer seller in India, and Lenovo Laptops are certainly not cheap. Like I said, when your fellow countrymen are living on less than $1 a day, it's hard to sneer at a Lenovo Laptop which costs from $500 to $1000 for a single unit.

I guess you already know that there are 365 days in a typical year. You can do the math.

If Indians can only afford to buy the fake stuff, then who's fault is that? :lol:

Anyway, Lenovo is the number 1 computer seller in India, and Lenovo Laptops are certainly not cheap. Like I said, when your fellow countrymen are living on less than $1 a day, it's hard to sneer at a Lenovo Laptop which costs from $500 to $1000 for a single unit.

I guess you already know that there are 365 days in a typical year. You can do the math.

Lenovo's acquisition of IBM's personal computer division accelerated access to foreign markets while improving both its branding and technology

You did well buying IBM business kudos to you

India slow down 2.5% (from 8% to 5.5 %)
India slow down 2.5% (from 9.5% to 7 %)

where did you see 4-5% fluctuation....are you talking about Bangladesh?

China Exports

Exports contribute 40% of chinese GDP.... :lol: ( and Chinese want west to go down!!!!)

and with the exports declining continuously, I am sure that the Chinese ECONOMY is in Contraction right now and it is only the duplicitous ccp which is giving crap of 6% growth for China. Infact China is in -ve growth now, but ccp will not declare it.

it is impossible for China to have even 0.1% growth right now. Rest assured even if the Chinese exports were to become 0 someday, CCP will still declare 6% growth for China. :lol:

Dont worry within a year they will come to know that what crap garbage they bought....next year Lenovo will be kicked out ...like what USA did....

Lenovo's acquisition of IBM's personal computer division accelerated access to foreign markets while improving both its branding and technology

You did well buying IBM business kudos to you

Lenovo has been a household name for me, ever since I was a kid. On the other hand, the IBM merger was a relatively recent development.

And apparently, the Indians like it too.

Yet they still manage to call that stuff "cheap crap" when the average Indian living in $1 a day can't afford even an iPhone (which is made in China too), let alone a Lenovo Laptop.

So basically your choice is between an iPhone and a cheap knockoff. Both of them are made in China, so your money comes to us either way.

Its cheap thats why they got the TN govt contract at Rs 14,000 a piece ($253) a piece.

Lenovo has been a household name for me, ever since I was a kid. On the other hand, the IBM merger was a relatively recent development.

And apparently, the Indians like it too.

Yet they still manage to call that stuff "cheap crap" when the average Indian living in $1 a day can't afford even an iPhone (which is made in China too), let alone a Lenovo Laptop.

iphone is made in China but designed in US your Chinese clone versions i see in the market look low grade

chineseiphone2.jpg

Poor maths. :lol:

China's economy is more than FOUR times larger than India's economy, even with those numbers you gave (which were wrong).

Sorry buddy math is not wrong ....it is just your a$$ burning ....
you correct the number as you want...still China is loosing 4-5 times more than India.....

Back
Top Bottom