What's new

5 signs India won't become an economic power

1.) Indias growth is still amongst the fastest in the G20, BRICS etc... We are living through a global recession if you havent noticed.

2.) Yes, corruption is slowing the growth, but is it not stalling it!

3.) This is not a state which will last forever, the political situation changes from election to election.

4.) See point 3.

5.) See point 3.

Conclusion: This article is mostly nonsense, the headline is pure BS, India is already a major economy, the 10 largest by GDP and the 3rd largest by PPP.

India is member of the G20, the BRICS etc etc... India is among the largest contributes of organizations like the IMF etc etc
India has one of the largest infrastructure programs in the world, India is one of the largest FDI destinations, home to many aspiring Global Players/MNCs, home to one of the largest middle classes etc etc etc...

I am sorry but this is a wrong reply, correct reply should be

1) India's economy is dead/dying.
2) Indians don't have toilets.
3) Indians are stupid.

What fantasyland are you living in? Only 4.6% of Indians are at the level of what you described. The real middle class in India is really small. The myth of the great Indian Middle class: Roughly 30% of India's population still lives below the poverty line | Mail Online

great work quoting from the british tabloid cr@p :)The stories they cooked up when India announced the mars missions were really amusing :omghaha:

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2011-02-06/news/28424975_1_middle-class-households-applied-economic-research

Brazil with a population less than 1/6 as much as India still produce more economic output. If the Western ignoramuses were not fooled by their Jewish controlled media, nobody would be lavishing so much praise on the world's biggest 'cesspool'.

Brazil, Russia, Indonesia and China are better candidates for "BRIC" countries.

Some people talk out of their backsides.

India has 1186 kms of express highways,also the national highways are also limited access roads

on wiki it says the 1186 km list includes roads without access-control. anyway, it's not a big deal.

I generally focus on strictly defined expressways when looking at road transport in a country. Other road definitions vary too much across countries, sometimes the same name could mean very different things. For instance, the vast majority of Indian national highways (50 thousand km out of 71 thousand km according to the wiki link you provided) are two lane roads, so limited access or not, they are definitely not sufficient for a rapid growing economy.

Is that an excuse?

If I need find excuse, there are plenty of them for China.

China has been embargoed so many times for the past 30 years while India is not.

BTW, how about your biggest advantage: biggest democratic country??? :rofl:

China started opening up way back in 1978 and India's economy only opened up in 1992, over 50% of our economy is mostly agriculture based with only 14% industrial...wait till the big projects like DMIC are completed and our industrial share of the economy will go up....this will not only boost employment but also exports...majority of the world are going to shift to India someday for their imports and our economy is poised to surpass China's to become the largest....

Is that an excuse?

If I need find excuse, there are plenty of them for China.

China has been embargoed so many times for the past 30 years while India is not.

BTW, how about your biggest advantage: biggest democratic country??? :rofl:

I don't give excuses..it was my way of telling you that the Indian economy only opened up in 1992 and that China had a head start of 14 years...moreover, we have also been embargoed after our nuclear tests which was in 1998.

Does democracy has to do anything with business,does it have any advantages.....China which is the world's largest communist nation is also one of the world's largest economy....in business there is no democracy or autocracy...it is all about profits just like in world politics there is no permanent friend or foe...its all about interests....the sooner people understand this the better

Interesting. :)

It seems the whole west worlds argue democracy is the biggest advantage india holds against China. Well, you think it is no use? :)

Second, about the so-called head start of 14 years?

Maybe you should check out what China's economic situation is like in the end of culture revolution?

In addition, maybe you should ask yourself why a democratic india was not doing open and reform earlier while you indeed started to send students to the west since the start of 50s, and you have a head start on that for 30 years???

I don't give excuses..it was my way of telling you that the Indian economy only opened up in 1992 and that China had a head start of 14 years...moreover, we have also been embargoed after our nuclear tests which was in 1998.

Does democracy has to do anything with business,does it have any advantages.....China which is the world's largest communist nation is also one of the world's largest economy....in business there is no democracy or autocracy...it is all about profits just like in world politics there is no permanent friend or foe...its all about interests....the sooner people understand this the better

I am sorry but this is a wrong reply, correct reply should be

1) India's economy is dead/dying.
2) Indians don't have toilets.
3) Indians are stupid.

I thought all Indians like dreaming. But it seems that you know the reality very well. :D

No one takes India seriously. Their inferiority complex, coupled with their low self-esteem, make them a paper tiger. Their GDP has not even surpassed Italy, and the greatest nation on Earth is supposed to fear their might? Not gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom