What's new

5 reasons Pakistan won’t change its Afghan policy

is this about our National Policy or the Perception of the General public --- in case of the Latter ones I will agree a higher %tage of the Public will blame these countries for every wrongdoing in the country, but I don't see how that is 'Crying Wolf', because Govt on the other hand is taking strict actions against 'Non state actors' & taking up the Issue of the Foreign interventions at the relevant forums....

I will absolutely agree with you that the Army has taken huge steps in improving the security situation, with all consequent benefits. There is no doubt about that. However, the nation as a whole remains mired in this sense of self-pity that all their troubles are somebody else's fault. It is that misplaced sense of responsibility for one's own problems limits greatly what the Army can achieve as well in the long run.

I will absolutely agree with you that the Army has taken huge steps in improving the security situation, with all consequent benefits. There is no doubt about that. However, the nation as a whole remains mired in this sense of self-pity that all their troubles are somebody else's fault. It is that misplaced sense of responsibility for one's own problems limits greatly what the Army can achieve as well in the long run.
rightly said, and i think it is going to take sometime especially with remaining items on NAP that are going to be implemented soon, should assist to change that mindset....anyhow we are going off topic with this :D

So going by your post on the last page, i believe you mean to say that this is US way of saying that they want to shake hand with ISI??
because same US administration had set up Qatar office for Afghan Taliban too......and now same ISAF commander arrived in GHQ too and had a word with Chief of same ISI....so idk whose the dumber here :undecided:

As I said you can play it the way you wan't to Taliaban ISI nexus is not hidden to anyone. remember Konduz?

OK, at first I would really like you to explain to me what is "HIT Taxila" , because i really don't know what that is, perhaps an abbreviation for something??? (try to visit google and visit the website for 'HIT Taxila')
Secondly, what i am interested in knowing is how access for the 'Die in Shop # 7' was granted because there is no Shop no7 with such die.....i can guarantee that ...... did Pakistan hand over the die to Afghanistan for forensics??? i may have missed on that news

@Slav Defence you seriously need to reconsider this member for the Title.....
Context dear sir, context.
The member who was in the conversation, wanted to hear the the US staff, ISAF, Afghan Intel share the view I presented, when posted the same with refrences, the goal post changed, to actual words and not media reports,
after posting the actual videos of these personnel incriminating ISI, the goal post shifted to actual evidence and not allegations.

What I wrote about HIT Taxila is not a real example but an attempt to show how absurd the direction of narrative is? hope that clears it.

I am just re-iterating that taliban is a veritable arm of the ISI, it's not my original view, it comes from your traditional ally...
Now origins, sustenance, logistics, promotion, evacuation, sheltering, extermination, disavowing -all these issues are between you and your US/Afgan partners. I am just calling it as I see it.

Hopefully that explains my position, if you still have any doubts about what I have written please let me know.

@MilSpec Please bother to do some research HIT builds Tanks it's POF WAH ammunition and Guns but we are not idiot enough to give them weapons with tag made in Pakistan. Your childish stupid media is turning each accusation made by India a laughing stock so please come up with something solid. @balixd Sir I would be alert next time

Context, it's all in the context. read again.

Nobody is trying to hide the nexus either, just read today's headline on RSM Commander Gen Camobell meeting with our COAS, you should get your answer and closeout this discussion
As I said you can play it the way you wan't to Taliaban ISI nexus is not hidden to anyone. remember Konduz?

Context dear sir, context.
The member who was in the conversation, wanted to hear the the US staff, ISAF, Afghan Intel share the view I presented, when posted the same with refrences, the goal post changed, to actual words and not media reports,
after posting the actual videos of these personnel incriminating ISI, the goal post shifted to actual evidence and not allegations.

What I wrote about HIT Taxila is not a real example but an attempt to show how absurd the direction of narrative is? hope that clears it.

I am just re-iterating that taliban is a veritable arm of the ISI, it's not my original view, it comes from your traditional ally...
Now origins, sustenance, logistics, promotion, evacuation, sheltering, extermination, disavowing -all these issues are between you and your US/Afgan partners. I am just calling it as I see it.

Hopefully that explains my position, if you still have any doubts about what I have written please let me know.

Context, it's all in the context. read again.

Am actually following pakistan Afghanistan relationship very keenly . Basic mistake you make is you dont agree that Afghanistan is a sovereign State but you keep treating them like your backyard . You should disband talks with talibans and start bilateral talks with afghan government . Not only that your look at talibans like terrorist not a stack holders in afghanistan .

No way afghans will give up we know this from their national history .

Disband the Afghan reconciliation efforts which the Afghan govt. and international community themselves are working towards? No thanks.

By the way, the Northern Alliance warlords your country supports are no better.

"We should not respond Islamabad atrocity in kind for two fundamental reasons; because it is wrong and we will ultimately lose. It is absolutely staggering how certain politicians can appear on national television and claim that Afghanistan should carry terrorist activities inside Pakistan. We were never a terrorist sponsored state and should never pretend to see salvation in such approach. It is morally wrong to do to innocent population in Pakistan what is being done to innocent Afghans. "

Haye ma sadqay, seriously this guy should have taken some history classes before becoming a writer. Does he understand how it all started. You invaded, yes invaded our territory innumerable times. It started with a Brigade of Afghan army supported by artillery attacking our border posts in Baluchistan and occupying 4 miles of our territory in late 1950, yes 1950 we were not supporting any insurgency in your country then were we? Of course they were kicked out.

And what about the Pashtunistan issue, who was providing the safe havens to the Pakistani traitors then, who was using its air force to throw anti-Pakistan pamphlets over our tribal areas. No prizes for guessing the culprit, it was Afghanistan. And who was providing the sanctuaries to the Baloch insurgents during 70's. What did your beloved Sardar Daud said about Pakistan "British did a wrong thing many years ago and we have been fighting to rectify it. Until that is done the struggle will continue." And where were the terrorists of Al-Zulifqar getting trained during the early days of Zia.

I hate when Afghans try to act innocent. But if you can overlook these biased remarks I think this is a well written piece, Afghanistan needs to take a pragmatic approach. Bashing Pakistan will not solve anything.

The stupidity of Afghan policy in 50's, 60's and 70's earned them distrust from Pakistani establishment. We were a new-born country which lost half of its land because of secessionists, our national cohesion was not some thing to be proud of back then so naturally after the Afghan moves we were quite worried about the Pushtunistan movement. But now situation is changed, we are much more cohesive, the Pushtuns are quite well integrated into Pakistan, and of all the major ethnic groups they would be last ones to ask for secession. Now our only concern with Afghanistan is that you guys don't become an Indian stooge. If you continue to act that way of course Pakistan will not change its Aghan policy.

Having said a peaceful Afghanistan is in Pakistan's best interest. It will provide us a clear passage to energy rich central asia, that can meet our energy needs and provide new trade opportunities. I wish my Afghan brothers peace and prosperity, they have suffered enough in the last 4 decades.

A few points;

1. There is no more a "Punjabi Establishment". If there were any establishment at all today, it would be more appropriately called "Pakistani Establishment" or at the very least "Punjabi-Pashtoon-Urdu Speaking Establishment". Urdu speakers have been at the top posts in military and civil bureaucracy since 47 and Pashtoons since the 70s. Its a good dil pasoori for Afghan politicians to scare the uneducated Afghans by telling them horror stories of the Punjabi boogeyman. The truth is, whatever perceived injustices Pakistan did to you, Pakistani-Pashtoons were at the forefront of it all. Remember the Gen Hameed Gul? I bet it hurts for Afghans to see their Pashtoon cousins flourishing in Pakistan
  2. Afghans are in no position to pursue an indepdent foreign or even economic policy. Every country is looking after its own interests. Afghans have to choose the lesser evil, which in this case happens to be Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom