What's new

5 reasons Pakistan won’t change its Afghan policy

Who are you to advise an independent nation like afghanistan on their foreign policy ?

And who are you to suggest Afghan government is invalid but Talibans are ? There is a government because of majority of people wanted it to be or else whole country would be like Syria . India is viewed at top most priority by their people . What you did ? Cut off the road links which transported million of tons of life saving AID ! Its not betrayal alone but inhuman and barbaric !!! All you can do is to keep taliban leaders in Quetta

and Fata or other tribal belt and create a buffer zone between afghanistan and Pakistan . Terrible attempt which back fired as TTP .

You cut off their sea link too ? This is beyond desperation . Afghanistan is not your own backyard . Talibans are terrorist who wage war against their state ! Get your facts clear .

This is the problem . How funny pakistan HQ Rawalpindi always putting Taliban's as Afghans authority but underestimate Afghanistan government ? Sad state of your foreign policies .World has changed from where it was in 1960s but your policies never did . Foreign policies should be dominated by civilian society but urs is full of military mindset . Warmongers won't make friends ,They make enemy out of friends ,

What srilanka and bangladesh ? Those were in those days where proxies and muscle powers been used as foreign policies . U missed that train .Now you can travel in the same when bullet trains flies at 300 km/hr ?
World hasn't changed much and Indian defeat in Afghanistan is enough to open eyes. Afghan can't win against Afghan Taliban they know so better they start talking.

A-Stan stopped being a country a long time ago. Dig the trench man the border, hit the terrorists hiding over there and let them sort out their own tribal warfare.

World hasn't changed much and Indian defeat in Afghanistan is enough to open eyes. Afghan can't win against Afghan Taliban they know so better they start talking.
Indian defeat in afghanistan ? How ? Your diplomates are holed up inside high commision . Afghanistan warning you for abiding talibans of consequences , Its you who keeps asking for talks as they don't . Now you last two chip Talibans and Trade route is near extinct ! End of the day Afghanistan will trade with India as Chabahar port is under construction , Talibans are been butchered by the Army ! You call it pakistan victory , loss for iNDIA ?

Who are you to advise an independent nation like afghanistan on their foreign policy ?

And who are you to suggest Afghan government is invalid but Talibans are ? There is a government because of majority of people wanted it to be or else whole country would be like Syria . India is viewed at top most priority by their people . What you did ? Cut off the road links which transported million of tons of life saving AID ! Its not betrayal alone but inhuman and barbaric !!! All you can do is to keep taliban leaders in Quetta

and Fata or other tribal belt and create a buffer zone between afghanistan and Pakistan . Terrible attempt which back fired as TTP .

You cut off their sea link too ? This is beyond desperation . Afghanistan is not your own backyard . Talibans are terrorist who wage war against their state ! Get your facts clear .

This is the problem . How funny pakistan HQ Rawalpindi always putting Taliban's as Afghans authority but underestimate Afghanistan government ? Sad state of your foreign policies .World has changed from where it was in 1960s but your policies never did . Foreign policies should be dominated by civilian society but urs is full of military mindset . Warmongers won't make friends ,They make enemy out of friends ,

What srilanka and bangladesh ? Those were in those days where proxies and muscle powers been used as foreign policies . U missed that train .Now you can travel in the same when bullet trains flies at 300 km/hr ?
Indian defeat in afghanistan ? How ? Your diplomates are holed up inside high commision . Afghanistan warning you for abiding talibans of consequences , Its you who keeps asking for talks as they don't . Now you last two chip Talibans and Trade route is near extinct ! End of the day Afghanistan will trade with India as Chabahar port is under construction , Talibans are been butchered by the Army ! You call it pakistan victory , loss for iNDIA ?
Really go get your facts straight Afghan Taliban have gained far more territory than they have lost. Afghan Soldiers and Police have died in much bigger numbers. Indian assets are destroyed and your government is busy applying burnol on injuries we gave them in Afghanistan. So grow up boy

The difference is, we did have learnt how to deal with India and USA, we get from them what we like

It is not a matter of getting anything. It is a matter of "crying wolf (to blame others) for misery at home".

100% agree. The article is a good critique of the past Afghan policy vis a vis Pakistan; in retrospect Afghanistan should have pursued a rather aggressive policy and dealt with any outstanding issue in a decisive manner. Beyond, i don't agree with his analysis of current. On the indian and afghan relations it is all set to grow and grow solid. A random Pakistani poster in here claim of indian defeat (what ever that might be) in Afghanistan is laughable. The general notions and attitude is also ridiculous.

Last edited:
100% agree. The article is a good critique of the past Afghan policy vis a vis Pakistan; in retrospect Afghanistan should have pursued a rather aggressive policy and dealt with any outstanding issue in a decisive manner. Beyond, i don't agree with his analysis of current. On the indian and afghan relations it is all set to grow and grow solid. A random Pakistani poster in here claim of indian defeat (what ever that might be) in Afghanistan is laughable. The general notions and attitude is also ridiculous.
Bery its like someone comes along and tell you change your name as he/she dont like it . Well ee can say what ever he/she want but its upto me what efer I can do with my name . Same notion can be applied here too .

Independent , strong stable Afghanistan is quite a force against terrorism in the region . India is in very heart anf mind of afghans any attempts to chabge it will be counter productive

Am actually following pakistan Afghanistan relationship very keenly . Basic mistake you make is you dont agree that Afghanistan is a sovereign State but you keep treating them like your backyard . You should disband talks with talibans and start bilateral talks with afghan government . Not only that your look at talibans like terrorist not a stack holders in afghanistan .

No way afghans will give up we know this from their national history .
Somehow I have my doubts over this statement, and my justification is that had you been following the relationship keenly you would have known that How many Trips were made from Islamabad to Kabul - How many meetings took place between Representatives of Pakistan Govt & Afghan Govt, Whose Deputy FM minister met Who in Murree.......
Answer these questions and it will be all clear, Pakistan does treat Afghanistan as a Sovereign state and not its back yard.....Time & again in Last 1 year Our COAS / NSA / PM have addressed this in their speech that for Regional peace the only way is a sovereign & prosper Afghanistan.....
Please do bring up the speech where we have even 'Hinted' at treating Afghanistan as our Backyard.......Our COAS have given a clear message to all that those who want to negotiate must come forward or else bear the consequences ......
this is very clear......We have supported the bilateral talks & have been giving it our best, unlike some countries you just like to rain over other's charade...

Hypothetically speaking, it is in Afghanistan's own interest to come forward and ask for Pakistan's support,if Pakistan pulls the plug on Bilateral talks, and does not correspond with either parties than, the future of Afghanistan will be same as Post Soviet war.....even today a prison was attacked, and most likely this would have happened with inside job----
And the frequency of these attacks will keep on mounting and will never go down, because the key factor here is 'Inside help' ----- Afghanistan in frustration can increase the cross border attacks on Pakistan, but then Pakistan can also give befitting response and we all know well what can be outcome of that
If Afghanistan (read india) believes that they can counter this with India's help then even that is flawed because that will require indian boots on ground in Afghanistan OR give support by providing Weapons --- in 80s ISI managed to get soviet helis, so India might want to be careful in that area
Moving away from all war & no peace, Pakistan when pulls the plug on Bilateral talks can also pull the plug on Afghani Free Trade Agreement too, barring all trade from India to Afghanistan.......Oh wait how can i forget the 'Chahbar port' that rhymes with the word 'Jhapar' and too on 'India's face when CPEC goes in effect, and Pakistan manages to take all other regional states on board with this

Why put lipstick on a pig, call it as we see it... Every one from US mil, sec of staff, Afghan intel, Isaf chief have been yelling Afghan Taliban as the veritable arm of the ISI.... it is what it is.
So going by your post on the last page, i believe you mean to say that this is US way of saying that they want to shake hand with ISI??
because same US administration had set up Qatar office for Afghan Taliban too......and now same ISAF commander arrived in GHQ too and had a word with Chief of same ISI....so idk whose the dumber here :undecided:

Well you asked for "Kindly do show me where EACH actually says"
and I kindly did,

It's for you to figure out where the bipoplar disorder lies....

show me each saying so,,, when you do,,,, show me proof,

show me the 7.62 x 39 cartridge that was deep drawn in HIT Taxila found to be shot in kandahar, and forensically match it to the die in shop no 7...

hopefully now you can deciper what my original post said...

polite way of bilateral talks with ISI....
OK, at first I would really like you to explain to me what is "HIT Taxila" , because i really don't know what that is, perhaps an abbreviation for something??? (try to visit google and visit the website for 'HIT Taxila')
Secondly, what i am interested in knowing is how access for the 'Die in Shop # 7' was granted because there is no Shop no7 with such die.....i can guarantee that ...... did Pakistan hand over the die to Afghanistan for forensics??? i may have missed on that news

@Slav Defence you seriously need to reconsider this member for the Title.....

waisay tu HIT ka chacha mama bna pherta hai Post # 24 mein bacha itni baatein kar gaya aur tumhein pta bhi nhn....jawab tu deta :pissed: :hitwall:

It is not a matter of getting anything. It is a matter of "crying wolf (to blame others) for misery at home".
if it is pakistan you are calling 'crying wold' then janab we have moved beyond that point.....the operation at all fronts is in full swing, so there is all actions and less talk.....however being a Sovereign state we are informing other states of the arrogant behavior of our neighbor

Somehow I have my doubts over this statement, and my justification is that had you been following the relationship keenly you would have known that How many Trips were made from Islamabad to Kabul - How many meetings took place between Representatives of Pakistan Govt & Afghan Govt, Whose Deputy FM minister met Who in Murree.......
Answer these questions and it will be all clear, Pakistan does treat Afghanistan as a Sovereign state and not its back yard.....Time & again in Last 1 year Our COAS / NSA / PM have addressed this in their speech that for Regional peace the only way is a sovereign & prosper Afghanistan.....
Please do bring up the speech where we have even 'Hinted' at treating Afghanistan as our Backyard.......Our COAS have given a clear message to all that those who want to negotiate must come forward or else bear the consequences ......
this is very clear......We have supported the bilateral talks & have been giving it our best, unlike some countries you just like to rain over other's charade...

Hypothetically speaking, it is in Afghanistan's own interest to come forward and ask for Pakistan's support,if Pakistan pulls the plug on Bilateral talks, and does not correspond with either parties than, the future of Afghanistan will be same as Post Soviet war.....even today a prison was attacked, and most likely this would have happened with inside job----
And the frequency of these attacks will keep on mounting and will never go down, because the key factor here is 'Inside help' ----- Afghanistan in frustration can increase the cross border attacks on Pakistan, but then Pakistan can also give befitting response and we all know well what can be outcome of that
If Afghanistan (read india) believes that they can counter this with India's help then even that is flawed because that will require indian boots on ground in Afghanistan OR give support by providing Weapons --- in 80s ISI managed to get soviet helis, so India might want to be careful in that area
Moving away from all war & no peace, Pakistan when pulls the plug on Bilateral talks can also pull the plug on Afghani Free Trade Agreement too, barring all trade from India to Afghanistan.......Oh wait how can i forget the 'Chahbar port' that rhymes with the word 'Jhapar' and too on 'India's face when CPEC goes in effect, and Pakistan manages to take all other regional states on board with this

So going by your post on the last page, i believe you mean to say that this is US way of saying that they want to shake hand with ISI??
because same US administration had set up Qatar office for Afghan Taliban too......and now same ISAF commander arrived in GHQ too and had a word with Chief of same ISI....so idk whose the dumber here :undecided:

OK, at first I would really like you to explain to me what is "HIT Taxila" , because i really don't know what that is, perhaps an abbreviation for something??? (try to visit google and visit the website for 'HIT Taxila')
Secondly, what i am interested in knowing is how access for the 'Die in Shop # 7' was granted because there is no Shop no7 with such die.....i can guarantee that ...... did Pakistan hand over the die to Afghanistan for forensics??? i may have missed on that news

@Slav Defence you seriously need to reconsider this member for the Title.....

waisay tu HIT ka chacha mama bna pherta hai Post # 24 mein bacha itni baatein kar gaya aur tumhein pta bhi nhn....jawab tu deta :pissed: :hitwall:

if it is pakistan you are calling 'crying wold' then janab we have moved beyond that point.....the operation at all fronts is in full swing, so there is all actions and less talk.....however being a Sovereign state we are informing other states of the arrogant behavior of our neighbor
Sir What gustakhi I did ? Sir please tell me I would try to rectify my mistake Sir @balixd

according to Milspec - 7.62 x 39mm bullet is being made in HIT Taxila that is somehow being used in Kandahar :haha:
@MilSpec Please bother to do some research HIT builds Tanks it's POF WAH ammunition and Guns but we are not idiot enough to give them weapons with tag made in Pakistan. Your childish stupid media is turning each accusation made by India a laughing stock so please come up with something solid. @balixd Sir I would be alert next time

Please answer these questions honestly: How many Pakistanis still continue to blame other countries, especially USA and India, for the problems inside Pakistan? Do you agree or disagree with what they believe?

Its not that Pakistan won't change their Afghan policy, they are incapable of it. Two reasons IMO

1. Their policy originates from their own weakness in their tribal areas.
  2. Pakistan lacks the necessary strong institutions, i.e. a civilian foreign policy department with institutional memory, to work on a long term win-win policy, even at the cost of some loss now.

Please answer these questions honestly: How many Pakistanis still continue to blame other countries, especially USA and India, for the problems inside Pakistan? Do you agree or disagree with what they believe?
is this about our National Policy or the Perception of the General public --- in case of the Latter ones I will agree a higher %tage of the Public will blame these countries for every wrongdoing in the country, but I don't see how that is 'Crying Wolf', because Govt on the other hand is taking strict actions against 'Non state actors' & taking up the Issue of the Foreign interventions at the relevant forums....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom