What's new

48 police officers injured, 23 arrested in HK riot

TaiShang

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Some 300 rioters clashed with Hong Kong police after a clearance operation on illegal hawkers from late Monday to Tuesday morning.

At least 24 rioters were arrested and 48 police officers were injured.

The riot erupted after a handful illegal street vendors refused to halt business in Mong Kok, a busy commercial district, and clashed with law enforcement officials.

Rioters then arrived and confronted with the police re-inforcement.

After one and a half hour of confrontation, the rioters attacked the police with bricks, stones and other makeshift weapons.

The police were forced to fire two warning shots in a bid to rescue personnel.

Hong Kong Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying condemned the rioters' violent behaviors Tuesday morning and expressed his support to the police for their efforts in restoring order and peace.

Some 300 rioters clashed with Hong Kong police after a clearance operation on illegal hawkers from late Monday to Tuesday morning.

At least 24 rioters were arrested and 48 police officers were injured.

The riot erupted after a handful illegal street vendors refused to halt business in Mong Kok, a busy commercial district, and clashed with law enforcement officials.

Rioters then arrived and confronted with the police re-inforcement.

After one and a half hour of confrontation, the rioters attacked the police with bricks, stones and other makeshift weapons.

The police were forced to fire two warning shots in a bid to rescue personnel.

Hong Kong Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying condemned the rioters' violent behaviors Tuesday morning and expressed his support to the police for their efforts in restoring order and peace.
One of the darkest day in HK. This was nothing about street vendors, they just wanted to use this as a excuse to start a riot.

upload_2016-2-10_9-3-50.png
Illuminati card played:

I don't like it anytime someone is arrested in HK they always put the hood over their face. What's up with that? People have the right to know these perps' face. @Chinese-Dragon is this a HK law to cover the faces of the perps?

I don't like it anytime someone is arrested in HK they always put the hood over their face. What's up with that? People have the right to know these perps' face. @Chinese-Dragon is this a HK law to cover the faces of the perps?
So Chinese-Dragon is from HK too? I guess i miss it.

More talk on freedom and democracy. Less talk on law and order. Isn't that what Americans pitch to the rest of the world?

These "groups " are professional anarchists. Western delusion in the philosophy of anti-government counter culture is a western product , and innately alien to East Asia.

Arrest these thugs and send them to forced labor before their ranks swell. I support an ironed hand approach to quell unproductive dissidentism.

We do the same in Japan against such a to anti-government groups. In fact media does not even publicize due to our anti-sedition laws.

These "groups " are professional anarchists. Western delusion in the philosophy of anti-government counter culture is a western product , and innately alien to East Asia.

Arrest these thugs and send them to forced labor before their ranks swell. I support an ironed hand approach to quell unproductive dissidentism.

We do the same in Japan against such a to anti-government groups. In fact media does not even publicize due to our anti-sedition laws.

I'm all for more law and order..and more police support...but be careful...don't give them too much encouragement or they may send the tanks in again...people may get run over.

but be careful...don't give them too much encouragement or they may send the tanks in again...people may get run over.

Or they can trip and run over themselves when the tanks come rolling in. It will work out either way. They are now trouble makers, vandalists and (as Nihonjin san rightfully put it) unproductive anti government dissidents. They will no longer have support from the general public.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom