What's new

45 F-16 fighter jets being upgraded in Turkey: Air Chief

if i am wrong please correct me,Why not Pakistan why in Turkey?? Just see Mirage initial aircraft upgrade in French after rest of all upgrade in India.

Because PAC is already too busy with JFT's manufacturing. For F-16's up-gradation we might have to build new facilities in PAC with more man power dedicated towards this project which might have put too much burden on PAC.

Last edited:
It is even worser. JF17 provides TOT and production. With the MLU of the f16's it is just following assembly rules. You have to invest a lot to be able/allowed to do and you take over the risks.

hey jf 17 is enough :)^^
What is the comparison between the F-16 and JF-17?

It is apparent that Turkey needs to look for U.S alternatives given the U.S poor treatment of her Turkish ally and the decision of Turkey to produce her own national combat aircraft.

Just wandering what are the comparisons between the two current main combat aircraft our nations employ.

Thanks in advance.

MILITARY AVIATION AND SPACE TECHNOLOGY NEWS: 3D RENDERED SHOTS

F_16D_858_Chilean_Air_Force_by_Hikaru84.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

24eca4b0c21cb839e8b98b1632dacb2b.jpg

if i am wrong please correct me,Why not Pakistan why in Turkey?? Just see Mirage initial aircraft upgrade in French after rest of all upgrade in India.

well firstly Mirages our engineers can fix them while imitating "swordfish scene" :lol:!! but the problem is their is just too much technology already for our PAF staff to absorb!

for example the "ereiye" and the JF-17s plus the current BLK52+! so it is better that we outsource our MLUs to Turkey who already has an assembly line in place. :pakistan:

MODS WHY DON'T WE HAVE A TURKEY FLAG SMILEY???

Probably because Pakistan is not authorized for this type of work on F-16s. I doubt anything besides maintenance is allowed.

What is the comparison between the F-16 and JF-17?

It is apparent that Turkey needs to look for U.S alternatives given the U.S poor treatment of her Turkish ally and the decision of Turkey to produce her own national combat aircraft.

Just wandering what are the comparisons between the two current main combat aircraft our nations employ.

Thanks in advance.

welcome to the forum.
this is a loose comparison;
jf17 blk 1 = f16blk30/40

engine,avionics, composites are advanced in f16 at the moment
with blk2 jf17 , the gap between grippen c/d and jf17 blk2 will be considerably narrowed

jf17 subforum has a jf17 info pool thread for basic info;)

by munir sahib
Told'ya that we already have PAF F16's being mlu'ed in Turkey...

Hata Sayfas?

The F16's arrived mid october 2010. it will take around 5000-6000 hours to upgrade them fully. That is 5-6 months per plane. So expect them to be return around april may 2011. Then the next batch will start...

605-606-708-617 were in the first batch. Not sure more.

old post:

11-23-2010 03:21 PM
#185 Munir
>>>If I am not mistaken, MLU F-16s won't arrive until 2014.
Not those from Turkey but we will get those form US...There are a number of F16's already being converted towards MLU and will be delivered and tested before those arriving form Turkey. But even those from Turkey will come earlier. Same time we send our Mirages to Jordan for the Falcon training we delivered first batch to be upgraded to MLU in Turkey. So I think we will get those around end 2011. 2014 will be the last delivery from Turkey.

hey kali dont you know,Pakistan don't have facilities for such works india is manufacturing su 30 mki in India under TOT so India can do this not pakistan its long way to go for them.,.:agree:

What difference does it make, PAF had upgraded Mirage III to ROSE standards.... And F-16 , Better go to those who are partnering American Programs and Incorporate Latest gadgetries , The One friendly country is Turky and Was Indeed a Wise decision

Now Indians have rejected state-of-art F-35II, which USA has offered to Indians, its an eye opener for PAF to rethink their strategy, b'caz rejecting such a Tech. means something is cooking across the border

welcome to the forum.
this is a loose comparison;
jf17 blk 1 = f16blk30/40

engine,avionics, composites are advanced in f16 at the moment
with blk2 jf17 , the gap between grippen c/d and jf17 blk2 will be considerably narrowed

jf17 subforum has a jf17 info pool thread for basic info;)
Thanks ANTIBODY now I wont feel so lost when people talk about the F-16 and JF17.

sohailalishah:Now Indians have rejected state-of-art F-35II, which USA has offered to Indians, its an eye opener for PAF to rethink their strategy, b'caz rejecting such a Tech. means something is cooking across the border

Not necessarily true since finances also comes into the decision making process. For example Turkey has purchased 116 F-35s while our rivals Greece has yet to place an order for either the Eurofighter or the F-35, considering her finances it's no mystery why they have not yet made a move to equalize the power balance in the Aegean.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom