What's new

45 F-16 fighter jets being upgraded in Turkey: Air Chief

Probably because Pakistan is not authorized for this type of work on F-16s. I doubt anything besides maintenance is allowed.

It means that Pakistan doesn't any TOT in F16 deal.

Probably because Pakistan is not authorized for this type of work on F-16s.

I doubt anything besides maintenance is allowed.

why not. we own them.... or do you mean we don't have the parts and expertise?

i'm confused do our old f-16's have restrictions?

and what is a TOT?

why not. we own them.... or do you mean we don't have the parts and expertise?

i'm confused do our old f-16's have restrictions?

and what is a TOT?

TOT stands for Transfer of technology.

No i doubt the issue has anything to do with expertise. I am sure you have the capability to implement these upgrades yourselves like you did on the mirages and JF-17 parts production. What i am saying is most likely your not allowed by the U.S.

Owning the F-16s does not entitle full rights to them. There are User end agreements signed in many of these deals. TAI though has been upgrading and producing F-16s under license since the late 80s and we also have limited source code access as well. (This is how we are able to produce our own targeting pods and implement our own mission computers into these aircraft). I do not believe Pakistan has this option. Maintenance is obviously there it would have to be but LM which implements these upgrades through their own contractors in the U.S. also has subcontractors in other countries TAI is one of these. Which is probably why Pakistan decided to go with us. I would like to see exactly how the payment process in filled. Most likely in these cases the amount is payed to LM which inturn contracts TAI or another international F-16 contractor to implement the upgrades. Similar to the deal Jordan did with us and Egypt.

Hi, I read in an article a few years back that the US specifically did not want to transfer this technology to PAC Kamra. As such, the PAF decided to go to Turkey for MLU upgrades.

It kind of makes you wonder, how reliable these planes will be, and how sanction prone they are. The PAF has not seemed to learn its lesson from the Pressler amendment. Take care.

Hi, I read in an article a few years back that the US specifically did not want to transfer this technology to PAC Kamra. As such, the PAF decided to go to Turkey for MLU upgrades.

It kind of makes you wonder, how reliable these planes will be, and how sanction prone they are. The PAF has not seemed to learn its lesson from the Pressler amendment. Take care.

I feel this isn't about the PAF learning its lesson; more so when you have a government and the power base propped up by American aid and power, these are the costs of doing business with the US. They force policies and expensive equipment on their "allies", pressuring them into doing the dirty work, in our case the war on terror, and refusal would turn us into the next American target faster than Zardari taking his share from a lucrative business venture.
I'm assuming if the Americans weren't playing their little game right on our border, we would probably have avoided the f-16s, or so I'd hope.

Indonesia was the same way crippled by the USA (f16a/b). Still they are looking at a new offer of 36 F16block32 for free if they pay the upgrade to block52. I hope they have wisdom but I doubt that.

Indonesia was the same way crippled by the USA (f16a/b). Still they are looking at a new offer of 36 F16block32 for free if they pay the upgrade to block52. I hope they have wisdom but I doubt that.
Indonesia has greater need for patrol ships then aircraft. It has a huge number of islands with many used for illegal purposes and it is also one of the most pirate infested waters in the world. Not much on the news about it since nobody is brave enough to go through Indonesian waters alone. The country also has significant internal problems as well.

I also do not think their budget will allow for any major air fleet upgrades any time soon.

Indonesia has greater need for patrol ships then aircraft. It has a huge number of islands with many used for illegal purposes and it is also one of the most pirate infested waters in the world. Not much on the news about it since nobody is brave enough to go through Indonesian waters alone. The country also has significant internal problems as well.

I also do not think their budget will allow for any major air fleet upgrades any time soon.

Agree. But in this world we have seen islamic nations acting the same way even after decades of mistakes. Only Turkey seems to be smart.

hey kali dont you know,Pakistan don't have facilities for such works india is manufacturing su 30 mki in India under TOT so India can do this not pakistan its long way to go for them.,.:agree:

plz think before you speak. avoid trolls.
jf-17 kia hum HAL MIEN AA K BANA rahe hien.
or our other aircraft are maintained in india. what about k-8 or mushaq.
only purpose in to decrease workload from jf-17 project and Turkey is our brother Muslim country so no problem. you keep your ....... trolls away.:sniper:

TOT of f-16 looks bit confusing , we are already having them and learning from turkey. and once these f-16 comes in our hand we will certainly adjust their software and other things as per our need.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom