What's new

4- Type 054 Frigates from China, Pakistan's next Goal

Sorry for off topic but what happened with 214 deal ????

Last edited:
u mean 214 - well AFAIK, its on the 'back-burner' due to reluctance shown by the germans.

awww sorry Fatman sir yes 214* well so any news about Navy "thinking" ? Chinees Subs ?

its a done deal - the source is Jane's Navy International - I can post the extract as the subscription is a paid one!

Fatman in all due respect sir i couldn't find the news on janes .. kindly if you will post the news thx much.

i think yes pakistan is in need of destroyers than frigates stop wasting money on small ships we need huge ships to counter air and surface threats to pakistan and atlaset 8 huge ships we need

the next surface ships to be inducted will be the Perry class frigates from the US. the first of three is due around August 2010 followed by one each in 2011 and 2012 after upgrades.

What kind of upgrades?

These ships are without SAM and antiship missile capability

What kind of upgrades?

These ships are without SAM and antiship missile capability

Perhaps the Pakistani Navy plans to retrofit them with appropriate missile defences, and missiles I am sure the harpoon could be equiped on these ships ?

How does the navy planes to enhance the operational capacity of these ships ? in term of air defences and ship to ship warfare....

DCNS french company makes some really beautiful frigates and destroyer, I am sure we can fit some french systems on the ships

it means that we are going for more F22p frigates, and more F-16 block 50/52 in near future. What about U-boats?

u mean 214 - well AFAIK, its on the 'back-burner' due to reluctance shown by the germans.

cancelled would be a better word SIR! & "reluctance" was shown by US! not them....:coffee:

If acquired, Type-054A frigates with its HQ-16 (32 cell VLS) medium range SAMs would be a considerable upgrade for PN. It would provide an Area-Air-Defense umbrella for its task force.

HQ-16 VLS:

Admiral Noman Bashir meeting with Chinese Defense Minister Liang Guanglie.

These frigates sure look good. Does anybody know the specs and comparison to Indian Frigates?
Have these been purchased?

2933f7a82a41435ac07c5a60745d276e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom