What's new

35 Pak Olympic spectators held as terror suspects

Eastern Turkistan Independence Movement (ETIM) and the Tibetan Youth Congress (TYC) are the biggest two groups in China's security concern, if you ask me.

ETIM was down for terrorist organization by the US in 2002 because of its link to al-Qaeda, by now it has committed serious enecations of civilians with bombs in 1996 and 1998 in western Xinjiang. Etim is said to have a training battalion on the Pamir, the border area between Pakistan,Tajikistan and Afghanistan. it is possible for ETIM terrorist to enter China via frontier ports for above countries.

TYC is a radical anti-China group located in Dharamsala, India, although it labels itself as nonviolent. it has 77 branches in Nepal, Bhutan, Norway, Canada, France, Japan, Taiwan, Australia, USA and in Switzerland.

TYC strongly advocates Tibetan independence with no compromise, and declared that it would use all possible means, incluing violent methods as they hinted early this year, to fight for the independence of Tibet. Tsewang Rigzin, chairman of the group told Italian Evening Post on eve of the 2008 Beijing Olympics " in order to fight against China, it's possibly time for Tibetan Resistance Movement (TRM) to take suicide violence."

TYC was involved to the Lahsa riot in March this year, as China's intelligence agency says. here's a video clip delineating the group: ???????? - DINGTV - Web 2.0 TV For Asian

We already know that the tibetans in exile have been eager to walk across the sino-indo border in order to hold massive demonstrations against Chinese government, which was restrained by Indian Police.

I wonder if they've managed to get some Inidan passports or not, but sneak-on tibetan suicide body bombs from India might also be taken into possibility.

that's why we need also anti-terrorism cooperation from India.

Has China taken up issue of Indian support for anti-China TYC with India for talks ???

Has China taken up issue of Indian support for anti-China TYC with India for talks ???

Yes I think so.

the sino-indo negotiation on anti-terrorism cooperation started in 2002.

I will never understand this fake China love.

Free East Turkestan from communist tyranny of the Hans.

My prayers are with our Uiygur muslim brothers. May Allah help them in their struggles.

I just checked your previous (32) posts, its crystal clear to me now why you don't inderstand this 'fake' China love...or what so ever about Pakistan. :whistle:

Free East Turkestan from communist tyranny of the Hans.

My prayers are with our Uiygur muslim brothers. May Allah help them in their struggles.

when you grow up, amna

so far you can just confuse yourself by lumping Uighur muslims and terrors together.

well this ends the whole debate, good news indeed.

You make such a good idiot. :cool:

Pakistan should be supporting terrorism in China at least unoficially (even though nothing of that exists). This is very dangerous situation.

The above is how the most of your replies to this topic are. :disagree: Its very clear that you are guilty of trolling.

self deleted, seeing AM's reply bit tough to go through all 80 responses in a glance :)

Last edited:
You make such a good idiot. :cool:

Pakistan should be supporting terrorism in China at least unoficially (even though nothing of that exists). This is very dangerous situation.

The above is how the most of your replies to this topic are. :disagree: Its very clear that you are guilty of trolling.

Sorry but I don't think I was trolling, the point was if this news was wrong then the news AM posted would have been posted earlier instead arguments like real pakistani, CIA/RAW/Mosad were coming up.

So other members were not sure, once the contradictory news is posted things got cleared.

Sorry but I don't think I was trolling, the point was if this news was wrong then the news AM posted would have been posted earlier instead arguments like real pakistani, CIA/RAW/Mosad were coming up.

So other members were not sure, once the contradictory news is posted things got cleared.

If the news was true then the arguments like "Real Pakistani doing such things" and involvement of RAW/CIA would have made much more sense. But the fact of the argument that no "real" Pakistani could have been involved in such scenario has been beautifully cleared up. :woot::smitten:

If the news was true then the arguments like "Real Pakistani doing such things" and involvement of RAW/CIA would have made much more sense. But the fact of the argument that no "real" Pakistani could have been involved in such scenario has been beautifully cleared up. :woot::smitten:

Yes sir the things got cleared up indeed that's good news.

BEIJING: China on Friday denied as "sheer fabrication" reports that it had detained 35 Pakistanis after they were suspected of planning an attack on the ongoing Beijing Olympics.

A relevant Chinese department has denied a report by foreign media that China has detained 35 Pakistanis, saying it is a "sheer fabrication", Xinhua news agency reported.
On Wednesday, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang had declined to comment on the report saying he did not have information on it.

"I don't have information yet (on this issue.) But I will check for you," Gang told reporters when asked to confirm reports in the Pakistani media.

The Daily Times reported that China had reportedly detained 35 Pakistanis visiting China to watch Olympics after they were suspected of planning to attack proceedings of the Games.

Beijing has asked Islamabad for details of the arrested in a letter that alleged 35 suspected Pakistani militants had arrived in China to attack proceedings at the Games, the report said.

In the past, China has demanded Pakistan to crackdown on separatists from its restive Xinjiang region, who are being trained in Pakistani terror camps.

China denies 'detaining' 35 Pakistanis ahead of Olympics-China-World-The Times of India

is someone going to kick the dirty donka of the person who was out here to malign Pakistan.

i wonder when will Indians and indian backed dailytimes will stop their shamful propaganda against Pakistan and stop tarnishing Pak-China relations ??

:disagree:

35 Pak Olympic spectators held as terror suspects

KARACHI: The Chinese government detained 35 Pakistanis visiting China that they suspect of planning to attack proceedings of the Olympic Games, Daily Times learnt on Tuesday. China has asked the Pakistani government for details of the arrested in a letter that alleged 35 suspected Pakistani militants had arrived in China to attack proceedings at the Games. Colonel Anjum Sheikh Saeed of the Foreign Security Department wrote to the Interior Ministry on August 18, ordering the authorities concerned to collect details of those detained. The Chinese government has not released the names of those being held, but has given the names and passport numbers of 13 which include Anwar Afridi, Dildar Khan, Darwaish, Sultan, Akbar Shah, Muhammad Amin, Qadir, Asad Masood, Afzal, Saadat and Dolat Yousaf. faraz khan

___

Phew! 35 in the old ally China! I wonder how many slip through the gaps in old enemy India!

This news is from the daily times, which is a very prominent newspaper in Pakistan, it is'nt an Indian newspaper for God sake....

Secondly I love Pakistan, but, I just hate the extent to which they lose their self respect.... I mean the whole world knows Pakistanis have been detained, when there were people from 300 countries had visited China, the Chinese had even released the names of those detained, now insted of takeing the issue to them and fight for the self respect of the fellow Muslims, you go on to the extent of justifying the detention and blame somebody else for the news is simply pathetic!!!:hitwall:

Doesn't the ecstasy caused by this seemingly false news reveal some people's shallow knowledge, false logic and secret mentality?

Their shallow knowledge fails to understand that any nation can produce terrorists. Their false logic equals individual terrorists/suspects to a nation's people as a whole. Their secret mentality is a burning thirst to see a dilution of the friendship between Pakistan and China. :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom