What's new

300 Taliban fighters from Afg attack Frontier Corps post

RIP

This border with Afghanistan is such an issue! Obviously NATO and the afghan army don't know how to do their jobs :disagree:

But isnt this exactly what NATO blames Pakistan for. When Afghan Taliban go from NW area into Afghanistan, attack and then come back to the safe havens in NW?

But isnt this exactly what NATO blames Pakistan for. When Afghan Taliban go from NW area into Afghanistan, attack and then come back to the safe havens in NW?

They do, but they are hypocrites. They have no right to say anything when the mighty NATO cannot even control its own borders

If you can read

PESHAWAR (Agencies) – Nineteen members of paramilitary forces were killed in Taliban attacks on a checkpost near the Afghan border, security officials said Friday.

Which means they were intercepted or attacked because this check post was making problem for them

But again its not only our responsibility to control this border... Where is NATO and ANA???

Weak defence on our side??? u gone nuts!!

Put urself in our shoes....... a few paramilitary soldiers in a far off post gets attacked at night by 300 talibastards???? and fought till martyrdom!
Where was the bloody NATO tht cries all the f...ing time? laying eggs!

I can understand your frustration on the matter. But keeping the emotions aside lets evaluate the current situation for a moment. At the moment there is a legit threat from insurgents crossing the border which is what you guys have been blaming afghanistan for. Isn't that enough reason to strengthen the forces guarding the border?
Would you always blame your neighbors for the problems that your country faces. Now that you know that there have been armed militia movements across the border, whats stopping you guys from enforcing your border?

If you can read

PESHAWAR (Agencies) – Nineteen members of paramilitary forces were killed in Taliban attacks on a checkpost near the Afghan border, security officials said Friday.

Which means they were intercepted or attacked because this check post was making problem for them

But again its not only our responsibility to control this border... Where is NATO and ANA???

I guess i was not clear in my post. What i meant is that NATO/USA routinely complains to Pakistan that terrorists from Pakistan go into Afghanistan, attack and then filter back into NW which is a safe haven for them. What is being talked in this news is also similar, but in reverse. Isnt it?

And I guess It would be Pakistan's responsibility to control this border so as to prevent people coming in.. Isnt it?

I guess i was not clear in my post. What i meant is that NATO/USA routinely complains to Pakistan that terrorists from Pakistan go into Afghanistan, attack and then filter back into NW which is a safe haven for them. What is being talked in this news is also similar, but in reverse. Isnt it?

And I guess It would be Pakistan's responsibility to control this border so as to prevent people coming in.. Isnt it?

I think you didn't get what i wanted to say

Pakistan check post were effected thats why they got attacked.... But from Afghan side... There is infiltration from both side and cannot water seal any border of the world....

So then its NATO Adn ANA responsibility to stop people coming in Afghanistan Isnt it??

This comes a day after General Kayani said militants backs are broken so CIA and Karzai send in militants from Afghanistan into Pakistan to kill Pakistan army.

There needs to be more security on our border with Afghanistan until the death of Karzai.

Karzai hates Pakistan's very existence. There never can be a peaceful FATA if Karzai is still in Afghanistan.

Before you wish the death of Karzai, first look at your own politicians and see how they sell you all day in and day out, i am not supporter of Karzai, but if you talk about him in this manner and you behave with regards to afghanistan in this manner, not only karzai but every afghan will hate you, so please behave yourself while posting your comments. As per the attack on FC guys on the other side, my sympathy to these brave men and their family, and salute for their sacrifice. But dont forget that we have got the same problem, not long ago from roughly the same point the taliban attacked a district in AFghanistan and overrun it, this area on the border is controlled by both AFghani and Pakistani Taliban and they attack both of us on both sides, if you are serious they loosen the idea of good taliban and bad taliban and treat both of them as bad, otherwise you will suffer the same way we are suffering.

^^^^ Kabul - Taliban militants overran a district in the north-eastern Afghan province of Nuristan after overpowering local forces, a senior police official said Tuesday.

Over 300 heavily armed Taliban insurgents attacked the Waigal district early Tuesday and captured the main town of Shamsul, provincial police chief Rahman Zahid said.

"We had to retreat because we did not have enough men or weapons to defend the district against over 300 Taliban fighters," Zahid told German Press Agency dpa.

The locally recruited policemen scattered to villages surrounding the district, he said.

"There were no foreign forces or Afghan army soldiers and the Taliban had also blocked all the roads linking to the district," he said.

Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said in a statement sent to media that their fighters captured 12 armed police and 19 vehicles, including four military rangers, during the operation.

The rest of the police forces fled the area after short resistance, he said, adding the Taliban had hoisted their white flag in the centre of the district.

Major Tim James, a spokesman for NATO-led International Security Assistance Force, said the military was aware of the situation, saying "all I can say is we are looking into it."

James said NATO troops were not stationed in the district.

Taliban overrun district in eastern Afghanistan | Earth Times News

where are the damn drones now...???.....cant see 300 people ????>.....and then they say pakistan to do more.....when we asked them to tighten up their border the NATO simply refused to do so and gave no reason...

Who exactly is responsible for the security @border? NATO ?

The timing is suspicious. When imran khan is protesting against drone attaks 200 paid people are sent over to pakistan to make a statement?

where are the damn drones now...???.....cant see 300 people ????>.....and then they say pakistan to do more.....when we asked them to tighten up their border the NATO simply refused to do so and gave no reason...

The drones are busy killing wedding guests.

Well i won't divulge more, but would just clarify that the attackers were not either Afghan Taliban or the TTP -Swat chapter guys who are taking responsibility after 2 days of the attack.

The attack was done for some purpose as per past practices.

It was a very well coordinated attack and the attackers came at night and had full night fighting capability, the reason we suffered so many casualties as they could see well in the dark.

As said won't say more.

May the martyred souls rest in peace and may the ones who attacked are annihilated. Ameen.

Back
Top Bottom