What's new

300 Taliban fighters from Afg attack Frontier Corps post

As i said before your suggestion looks quite good at Papers..... The decision will be taken by Civilian govt if they want to or not want to fence.... As Pakistan is receiving aid from US it will oblige some things US wants (which US dont ask directly but from Karzai's puppet Govt). And the link i posted before says that Pakistan did tried to fence but ANA destroyed it... So now if you want a fence and then dozens of dead ANA soldiers who came to destroy it then OK you are right...we should build a fence... Otherwise we'll try to talk it out.

As a I said before ..this is how things will transpire..today some of you will create a lot of noise..why borders should be fenced and mined ..tommorow everything will be forgotten up until next time...when the same discussion will take place.

Also BBC report ANA fence incident said that "Pakistan has denied the fence claim, saying the clashes started after one of its patrols came under fire."
So who is lying?

As a I said before ..this is how things will transpire..today some of you will create a lot of noise..why borders should be fenced and mined ..tommorow everything will be forgotten up until next time...when the same discussion will take place.

Also BBC report ANA fence incident said that "Pakistan has denied the fence claim, saying the clashes started after one of its patrols came under fire."
So who is lying?

Well there are many possibilities... Maybe ANA was destroying the fence and they saw Pakistani patrol and opened fire ..... Thats why ANA claimed it to be fence clash and Pakistan Patrol under fire....

Someone is (indirectly and directly) trying to create friction between Afghan Taliban and Pakistan Army, especially as U.S/NATO/Karzai try to warm up with the Afghan Taliban.

finally ..................... Truth always triumph :coffee:

A deliberate ploy by the NATO forces to stoke a war in Pakistan's FATA areas, just like 470 Talibans somehow just 'escaped' prison & will no doubt be going to Balochistan. It's funny, the international forces are always complaining about Pakistan not doing enough on its side, but all the strongholds of the Taliban in Afghanistan where cross border infiltration into Pakistan comes from are Nuristan & Kunar.

A deliberate ploy by the NATO forces to stoke a war in Pakistan's FATA areas, just like 470 Talibans somehow just 'escaped' prison & will no doubt be going to Balochistan. It's funny, the international forces are always complaining about Pakistan not doing enough on its side, but all the strongholds of the Taliban in Afghanistan where cross border infiltration into Pakistan comes from are Nuristan & Kunar.

AND your tax dollars going to fund it. what are you going to do about it bilalhaider? Evil amerika is droning your people and NOW! sending afghan troops was it or was it they rolled out the red carpet for these guys to attack Pakistan ( forget all the conspiracies - because NOBODY thinks taliban are smart enough to orchestrate such an attack by themselves) . anyways as I said your tax dollars bilalhaider kills Pakistanis- what are going to do about it? Uncle Sam appreciates your tax dollars...

AND your tax dollars going to fund it. what are you going to do about it bilalhaider? Evil amerika is droning your people and NOW! sending afghan troops was it or was it they rolled out the red carpet for these guys to attack Pakistan ( forget all the conspiracies - because NOBODY thinks taliban are smart enough to orchestrate such an attack by themselves) . anyways as I said your tax dollars bilalhaider kills Pakistanis- what are going to do about it? Uncle Sam appreciates your tax dollars...

I can't do anything about it. I still respect the people of America, great people. I just hate this whole jingoistic regime that's starting every other war, whether that's Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan or Libya & the Middle East riots. The war is already very unpopular here, & all one can show is their displeasure at where this country is headed, nothing more. This country unfortunately is going down the drain, & its all too evident seeing the poor socioeconomic condition this country is already in. Please stop trolling.

As our troops along with the Afghan national army are putting pressure and fighting in Afghanistan, the Taliban insurgency are running out of options and hence they resort back to the terror havens inside Pakistan.
This particular incident (and the incidents over the last couple of years involving Qari Zia-ur-Rehman and others) would indicate that there are thousands of Taliban fighters using 'terror havens' inside Afghanistan (i.e territory under US control) to attack Pakistani troops and civilians.

Instead of blaming Pakistan and spreading more anti-Pakistan propaganda, perhaps CENTCOM should focus on flying its drones and using its Raymond Davis's against the terrorists sheltering, training and organizing in Afghanistan.

For you to come here and blame Pakistan on a thread that talks about terrorists sheltering in Afghanistan and attacking Pakistan from Afghanistan, is just absurd and in very poor taste.

What we would like to hear is what exactly the US is doing to 'neutralize' these terrorists sheltering on Afghan soil and attacking Pakistan. What exactly the US is doing about Brahamdegh Bugti, who reportedly was flown to Switzerland from Afghanistan to seek asylum. Why are US drone strikes and covert operations taking place in Pakistan when there are obviously plenty of terrorists sheltering in Afghanistan itself?

how much of a barrier would fences prove to be for people who are more bonded by their language and culture than by international laws? Not to forget the physical act of putting up a ~2400 long border fence in itself sounds more achievable in theory than in practice.

Well the US would know about that, after all they put up a fence along their border with Mexico - a fence proposed to be 2000 miles - either the CDR is misinformed or else he is less than truthful, either way, it's a poor show.

I can't do anything about it. I still respect the people of America, great people. I just hate this whole jingoistic regime that's starting every other war, whether that's Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan or Libya & the Middle East riots. The war is already very unpopular here, & all one can show is their displeasure at where this country is headed, nothing more. This country unfortunately is going down the drain, & its all too evident seeing the poor socioeconomic condition this country is already in. Please stop trolling.

Isnt it a different regime now in the US for last 3 years.. ?

Could some one confirm the location of the Post attacked?

The "nation" article implied it was on the border then the daily mail is about as reliable.

The News list the post as being 8km inside pakistan.

As of Friday afternoon information was still sketchy about some aspects of the attack on a Frontier Corps post in Dir from across the Pak-Afghan border during the early hours of Thursday. Reports of casualty figures have varied widely, as have reports of exactly who the attackers were and what their motive was. The post under attack is eight kilometres inside Pakistan, so not sitting directly on the border with Afghanistan, and it was said to have been attacked by a group numbering in the ‘hundreds’. This figure has to be treated with a degree of caution as the attack was launched at night, and it is difficult to see how ‘hundreds’ of potential attackers could have been counted so accurately.

Well the US would know about that, after all they put up a fence along their border with Mexico - a fence proposed to be 2000 miles - either the CDR is misinformed or else he is less than truthful, either way, it's a poor show.
Dear Muse,
The border between Mexico and US is not comparable to that of Pakistan and Afghanistan. Many Mexicans and others from Latin America cross into the US and leave the border area to seek opportunities all across our country. Between Afghanistan and Pakistan there is a human border made up of Pashtuns and Pathans whose communities, schools, homes and soccer fields often straddle the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan. This human interconnectedness is the focal point when we discuss the issue of fencing and cross border incidents. From a military perspective it would dear readers be easier to completely close the borders. But there is a cultural and geopolitical complexity, a human factor, which spans the vast and porous border region between Afghanistan and Pakistan that our readers must be aware of to make an educated choice. More importantly, the US-Mexican border is a border of which the US has a legitimate say in the management. Apart from the feasibility issues, it simply is not for the US or NATO to impose such a solution on Afghanistan and Pakistan. If the people on both sides of the Afghanistan-Pakistan border were universally supportive of such separation, we would do what we can to facilitate, but this is not the case.

Dear Agnostic Muslim,

Is not defence.pk a forum for all who would like to share their ideas and perspectives on issues backed by logic and facts? So, is it right to allow inaccurate information about the NATO and the US on to the forum, without giving us the chance to respond, and if necessary to defend against, deliberately misleading rhetoric? Allies are by definition mutually dependent and interdependent. That said, we engage from time to time in healthy constructive criticism, not blame or propaganda, to enhance the dialogue between us and to further our common goal of defeating terrorism.

There are Taliban havens in Afghanistan and Pakistan. The Pakistani Army is cracking down on terrorists within its borders, and International Security and Assistance Forces (ISAF) along with our Afghan counterparts are daily conducting operations to both defeat insurgents within Afghanistan and to keep Taliban from crossing into Pakistan. Terrorists do not have a country. Nor do they respect Pakistanis amongst whom they hide, amongst whom they find ample human shields, amongst whom they, religious pretenders, preach hate and act with evil intent.

CDR Bill Speaks,
DET- U.S. Central Command
U.S. Central Command

U.S. Central Command[/url][/SIZE][/FONT]

Bill , traveling w/ family including 8 year old kid to Tampa next month. What are the chances we can get a tour of CETCOM. wife was an ex-marine ( well, she always says there is no such thing as ex marine :)- and was attached to embassies during the cold war era -special intelligence unit) . Love to have an opportunity to bring my kid on a tour. will IM you w/ email details if possible.

INALILLAHE WA INA ILEHEY RAJEOON..........MAY ALLAH BLESS THEM AND GIVE PEACE,PATIENCE AND STRENGHT TO THEIR FAMILY AND FRIENDS... AND HEAL THE INJURED AND GIVE US THE STRENGHT TO ELIMINATE THESE TALIBASTARDS...AMEEN.

KICK THOSE BASTARDS SITTING ON THE AFGHAN SIDE FOR LETTING THIS HAPPEN....... THESE NATO N AFG GOVT DOGS BARK ALL THE TIME....WHT THE BLOODY HELL DONT THESE A...HOLES BUILD CHECK POSTS ON THEIR SIDE!!!

AND GOP THUGS SHOULD PROVIDE OUR SOLDIERS WITH MORE GOD DAMN WEAPONS........ GIVE EM MORE GUNSHIPS!!!

Are all Pakistanis convinced that Taliban are bad? Or are they still doing this good Taliban bad Taliban Afghan
Taliban crap?
I wish America and Pakistan co-operate to kill all Taliban. We don't want any influence in Afghanistan. We just want this world free of terrorists.

Back
Top Bottom