What's new

300,000 plus @ PTI Lahore Jalsa - Live Forum Coverage

@ kugga...I think his speech was more realistic than political.... What else do you want to hear?

I wish IK well cant be any worse than what we have now, But we dont have a presidential system. how is this going to translate into seats in NA has he got people who are standing in each constituency etc What kind of party machinery? he seems from tv news to be 1 man party.

PTI indicated it would be fielding around 200 candidates for the NA across Pakistan.

IK does need to build alliances with some 'relatively decent' established politicians - perhaps SM Qureishi, Shaikh Rasheed etc. to really stand a chance to form a government, and he needs to start appearing locally with his local candidates to start the process of people identifying the candidate with IK.

@ kugga...I think his speech was more realistic than political.... What else do you want to hear?

something like a mix of idealism, vision and energy plus not away from reality..... . Start was really good and I thought he would continue it till the end but he again came to same points he mentions in every other talk show..... we need some solid steps I guess

10-30-2011_159185_1.gif

something like a mix of idealism, vision and energy plus not away from reality..... . Start was really good and I thought he would continue it till the end but he again came to same points he mentions in every other talk show..... we need some solid steps I guess

Sir jee I don't know how do you take his speech but for me it was a speech that gave a clear roadmap and of course doable if there's a will...

Anyone have any figures on the total area of Iqbal Park Lahore?

I tried basic google searches, but nothing came up.

If we have an idea of the total area of the park, and we know that it was filled to capacity with thousands outside the park, we can probably come up with a rough estimate of the attendance ...

Fullscreen%252520capture%25252010312011%25252015151%252520AM.jpg

According to a friend of mine who is very close to PTI and has played a good part in promoting PTI told me yesterday that the number of chairs that are being laid on for sitting is around 100000-150000 , considering the fact that many people were standing too and there was too much of suffocation , plus the people on and around stage and not to forget many people outside it again makes something around 300000

Iqbal park can accommodate 500,000 people (according to few media person), so going by this gathering must be of above 500,000.

Do you remember the videos shown on media and youtube after general elections?

Those videos showed rigging in NA 250... And khushbakht was contesting on NA-250..

Heres the link....rigging in election 2008 br mqm in NA250 - YouTube

how can one know if the PPP rigged or MQM or what ever party, the video stopped before it can be seen where the stamp was to be placed

Iqbal park can accommodate 500,000 people (according to few media person), so going by this gathering must be of above 500,000.

Not the whole park, But a very large portion of park was allocated to Imran Khan. Going by what i saw. I will put the crowd at 80-100 K figure

GEO NEWS saying ppl were standing outside Jalsa area and crowd could been seen miles from outside main area. Dr Shaid and other saying 350 000+ and were if not biggest but as big as in 1986 jalsa. I guess it was bibis jalsa ?

[video]http://www.facebook.com/v/10150375760482403[/video]

Not the whole park, But a very large portion of park was allocated to Imran Khan. Going by what i saw. I will put the crowd at 80-100 K figure
If a majority of the park was allotted for use by the PTI rally, and the space was packed to bursting with crowds in the streets outside the park, then estimates of 200,000 to 300,00 (given total capacity of 500,000 at Iqbal park) are pretty reasonable.

IK facebook says it was around half a million. Were people in the badshahi Mosque as well ? I can hold around 150 thousand people.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom