What's new

300,000 plus @ PTI Lahore Jalsa - Live Forum Coverage

One of my friend in cardiff posted this in facebook.. hope it helps.

392152_10150518672098438_608283437_11417053_666586136_n.jpg

Evey young guy supports IK... good luck to the chap.... I wish we had the presidential system...

IK facebook says it was around half a million. Were people in the badshahi Mosque as well ? I can hold around 150 thousand people.
I heard that people were pouring in a big queue from Shadrah to Minar-e-Pakistan and from Mall road to Minar-e-Pakistan.

IK facebook says it was around half a million. Were people in the badshahi Mosque as well ? I can hold around 150 thousand people.

Dr Shahid and many other tv anchors said it was 350 000 +. Before Jalsa experts were saying Imran Khan did a mistake by having jalsa in Menar e Pakistan he must have 500 000 ppl there to fill it. If he gets 100 000 it will look empty. TV channels reporting that ppl were standing atleast 2-5 km from jalsa place who could not get inn since it was FULL and alot more were stopped by block av road by police

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

But 100 000 or 500 000. Its was huge slap to all other other parties like PML-N who are shacking in there pants now. I bet they will say and do similar stuff as Imran Khan.

Dr Shahid and many other tv anchors said it was 350 000 +. Before Jalsa experts were saying Imran Khan did a mistake by having jalsa in Menar e Pakistan he must have 500 000 ppl there to fill it. If he gets 100 000 it will look empty. TV channels reporting that ppl were standing atleast 2-5 km from jalsa place who could not get inn since it was FULL and alot more were stopped by block av road by police

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

But 100 000 or 500 000. Its was huge slap to all other other parties like PML-N who are shacking in there pants now. I bet they will say and do similar stuff as Imran Khan.

Assalam alaikum

yes true most of the analyst were saying even 100 thousand will look small in such big place and we could see the place was kind filled so safely speaking it could be more then 200 thousands plus

TARIQ

I am a huge supporter of IK and PTI but there are a couple of points that I would like to touch upon.

First off, I loathe the fact that most of the political parties make anthems to glorify their leaders and was hoping that PTI would not do the same. There should be no song praising IK or any other political figurehead, we must never engage in personality worship because once we start doing that, that person becomes larger than life and people assume him to be all holy and not prone to any misjudgments. The institution of PTI should be able to survive and stay true to its spirit with or without IK. A classic example of this phenomenon is the difference between the PPP of Bhutto and the PPP of Zardari which has completely deviated from its true ideology.

Second, IK does talk about bringing in a uniform curriculum to mend the educational woes of Pakistan but I am yet to hear his plan on how he wants to reform the higher education of the country. In my opinion, the higher education system needs to be reformed on a war footing if Pakistan is to progress.

Third, he barely touched upon women's rights and what he intends to do to secure them. I am sure it wasn't deliberate but he needs to be more clear on PTI's game plan on this issue. Also, He talks about the people of FATA and their ordeal which is good but I don't see him display the same zeal when it comes to Baluchistan and Kashmir. He must clearly lay out his support and vision on how he would solve these complicated issues.

Last but not the least, I would love him to be more vocal on the rights of the minorities in Pakistan and how there should be zero tolerance towards discrimination on the basis of religion or ethnicity. He should emphasize the fact that all citizens are equal in the eyes of the state regardless of their background.

gathering people is not a big problem, MQM does it so often, the same MQM which is bashed here, tht too in karachi, big place

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

have you guys seen this before, not at all i guess

just needs sunday and plenty of spare time and wallah!!

mqm-rally280910-3.jpg

gathering people is not a big problem, MQM does it so often, the same MQM which is bashed here, tht too in karachi, big place

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

mqm-rally280910-3.jpg

What absolute rubbish............. firstly the thugs of MQM should hold a rally in an open space, this is the same tactic used by the PML-N.......... your all the same side of the same coin...... Narrow road, with building either side is an easy way of showing huge numbers when people are packed together......... your stupid!ty attempts wont work here Sir.......

Imran Khan has done it: after fifteen years of struggle, which at times looked fruitless, he has decisively inserted himself in the big league of national politics. The gathering in Lahore was mammoth by any formula of counting. The Pakistan Muslim League representatives are only setting themselves up for serious ridicule if they continue to insist that the gathering was small, in low thousands. My own estimate would put it well over one hundred and fifty thousand. This of course is far short of PTI's claims of half a million but then beyond a certain number, size becomes immaterial. What is material is that PTI has arrived at a stage which hitherto had been monopolized by the PML-N and the PPP. Imran is now a certified crowd-puller. This marks a turning point in the party's politics which was always high on passion but low on ground presence. Imran Khan's message too measured up to the significance of the occasion. He came across as a realist, who spoke of healing touches and rebuilding the nation, welcoming everyone in the fold. While he sent plague on both the PPP and the PML-N, but he saved most his precious time in talking about policy and politics of change. He did not sound bitter or churlish and displayed an almost child-like excitement as delivered an enthusiastic message to the listeners and the viewers. The contents of his message need to be debated for this is where Imran and his party have their work cut out for them. He has challenges ahead, some of which are pretty serious, but that is a subject of discussion for another time. His party can take well-earned credit for organizing a successful event at a big scale. A strong build-up climaxed to a carefully-crafted, glitch-free speech---there is not much else a party can give to its leader, who in turn seemed to grow in stature as he stood on the podium in the blaze of his new glory. How long would it last and how the party would sustain this popularity, is something to keep an eye on in the coming months. (Talat Hussain)

mqm-rally280910-3.jpg

Look at MQM's crowd and PTI's crowd. Look at joash and u will find out who are real one and who are fake.

MQM also pays n threatens ppl to join its rallies... extortion?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Look at MQM's crowd and PTI's crowd. Look at joash and u will find out who are real one and who are fake.

yes the participants are crying in MQM rally??

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Imran Khan has done it: after fifteen years of struggle, which at times looked fruitless, he has decisively inserted himself in the big league of national politics. The gathering in Lahore was mammoth by any formula of counting. The Pakistan Muslim League representatives are only setting themselves up for serious ridicule if they continue to insist that the gathering was small, in low thousands. My own estimate would put it well over one hundred and fifty thousand. This of course is far short of PTI's claims of half a million but then beyond a certain number, size becomes immaterial. What is material is that PTI has arrived at a stage which hitherto had been monopolized by the PML-N and the PPP. Imran is now a certified crowd-puller. This marks a turning point in the party's politics which was always high on passion but low on ground presence. Imran Khan's message too measured up to the significance of the occasion. He came across as a realist, who spoke of healing touches and rebuilding the nation, welcoming everyone in the fold. While he sent plague on both the PPP and the PML-N, but he saved most his precious time in talking about policy and politics of change. He did not sound bitter or churlish and displayed an almost child-like excitement as delivered an enthusiastic message to the listeners and the viewers. The contents of his message need to be debated for this is where Imran and his party have their work cut out for them. He has challenges ahead, some of which are pretty serious, but that is a subject of discussion for another time. His party can take well-earned credit for organizing a successful event at a big scale. A strong build-up climaxed to a carefully-crafted, glitch-free speech---there is not much else a party can give to its leader, who in turn seemed to grow in stature as he stood on the podium in the blaze of his new glory. How long would it last and how the party would sustain this popularity, is something to keep an eye on in the coming months. (Talat Hussain)

try to get some seats which btw is 1.5 years ahead and then talk, imran khan has zero power

current election in some seat IK lost miserably!!

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

What absolute rubbish............. firstly the thugs of MQM should hold a rally in an open space, this is the same tactic used by the PML-N.......... your all the same side of the same coin...... Narrow road, with building either side is an easy way of showing huge numbers when people are packed together......... your stupid!ty attempts wont work here Sir.......

now, i dunno if you are brining my Dk is bigger than yours thing??

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

imran cant do civil disobedience, few lahoris coming to have a chill tym is nothing, they dont rep punjab and certainly dont rep pakistan

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

yes the participants are crying in MQM rally??

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

try to get some seats which btw is 1.5 years ahead and then talk, imran khan has zero power

current election in some seat IK lost miserably!!

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

now, i dunno if you are brining my Dk is bigger than yours thing??

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

imran cant do civil disobedience, few lahoris coming to have a chill tym is nothing, they dont rep punjab and certainly dont rep pakistan

lol i know u are shocked and u know Change has started thugs like MQM is biggest lotta party in histroy. Tell me one thing which power does MQM have since every time Rehman Malik meet MQM and killings stop ? MQM has been exposed !!!! And thx to ur rally today in support of zardari world has seen ur true face.

congratulation to pti supporters and all those who love pak.:)

people i have one fear.this ppp,pml-q,mqm and anp will form collation and come into power next time:(
very sad thing.
any solution to this bullshit.

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

[/COLOR]imran cant do civil disobedience, few lahoris coming to have a chill tym is nothing, they dont rep punjab and certainly dont rep pakistan
lol
know mqm supporters will tell us who is representing punjab and Pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom