What's new

3 suspected Chinese spies arrested at Indo-Nepal border

LURKER

Reaction score
BAHRAICH: Paramilitary personnel of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) arrested three suspected Chinese spies, including a woman who were spotted taking photographs of their camps on Rupaidiha checkpost of the Indo-Nepal border.

Superintendent of Police Sanjay Kakkar told TOI that SSB jawans held three Chinese nationals, Mipix Utidong, Hanksang and Chainlong, all residents of Shanghai, on Monday night. The Chinese nationals were spotted taking photographs of the SSB camp, Indo-Nepal gate and activities of the SSB. Kakkar added that they did not possess passports and visas and entered Indian territory illegally. The SP said that during interrogation, the Chinese nationals claimed that they were engineers working in Nepal on a Chinese project.

Intelligence agencies deployed on the Indo-Nepal border are interrogating them through translators. During interrogation it was learnt that they had arrived by a vehicle till the border, parked the vehicle there and then entered Indian territory on foot.

SSB Commandant Devanand said that prima facie it seemed that they had come here as spies. He said that three other Chinese were held recently while taking pictures and sent to Delhi after interrogation.

Ever since the Maoist government took over in Nepal, the movement of Chinese nationals on the Indo-Nepal porous border has increased considerably. This has been a matter of concern for many intelligence agencies deployed on the Indo-Nepal border. The Indian intelligence agencies are also worried over the opening of Chinese language learning centres for Nepalese citizens on the Indo-Nepal border.

Indian intelligence agencies are on high alert after receiving inputs about infiltration of six Chinese intelligence agents into India illegally through the Indo-Nepal border.

As per security agencies deployed on the UP-Nepal border, the Chinese agents disguised as Buddhist monks entered India and have taken shelter in different Tibetan monasteries of Shravasti. These agents, according to the intelligence, include a woman and are connected with Kubum Boddh monastery governed by Eastern Tibet. Their infiltration has increased the threat to the lives of Tibetan religious head Dalai Lama and his close aides.

The Chinese agents disguised as monks sought special permission from Indian Embassy in Nepal to visit India in the month of December, sources said. The Indian Embassy on enquiry found their connection with Chinese intelligence agencies and their application was rejected.

According to the intelligence agencies, the Chinese agents however managed to sneak into India through the Indo-Nepal border and are in the age group of 18 to 35 years. As per intelligence agencies, these agents are staying in different Tibetan monasteries and are jointly carrying out their mission while the female agent is working independently. These agents have been sent to spy on Dalai Lama and his aides, it is believed.

3 suspected Chinese spies arrested at Indo-Nepal border - The Times of India

oops! tourist caught, The time when reconnaissance aircrafts, satellites ,UAVs are available, why the hell one will take picture from still camera???

By the way chinies ppl are showing more interest in India, Indian govt must be careful of china... who knows what they are planning of...

China must demand the release of 3 innocent chinese nationals immedetly.

Yes it must... and next time send people with good documentation to atleast support their case in case they are caught again.

china uses its citizens for spying even if they are nationals of a foreign nation. before some years 2 highly senior Chinese officials took refuge in Australia. according to them there are nearly 1000 Chinese spies in Australia alone. so the incident in which 3 suspected Chinese spies arrested at Indo-Nepal border is not surprise.
Australia believes that Chinese have been spying on Australian businesses and the Falun Gong movement. A former Chinese diplomat has claimed that he spied for China and that China has 1000 spies in Australia.
[57][58] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_intelligence_activity_in_other_countries

India
India has quietly informed companies to avoid using Chinese-made telecommunications equipment, fearing that it may have spy capabilities embedded within it. And, India's intelligence service, Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) believes that China is using dozens of study centers that it has set up in Nepal near the Indian border in part for the purposes of spying on India.

Last edited:
Yes it must... and next time send people with good documentation to atleast support their case in case they are caught again.

Jesus Christ, you actually think that China would send three guys/gals on foot with Polaroid cameras if it wanted military intelligence on India.

Great illegal border crossing from bangladesh, terrorists from pakistan, don't tell me china is starting :sick:

Talk about bad neighborhood :rolleyes:

I hope the tourists are not subjected to torture and forced confessions :cry:

Let's recap, 2 men, 1 woman, took pictures of a PARA-military camp and border checkpoint, and these eager weekend soldiers grabbed them.

Meanwhile Indian members are ignoring

1) The fact, these "target" are of minuscule military value.
2) These Paramilitary bellends are probably ultra-patriotic eager beavers craving "action"

I'll eat my hat, if this was an actual spy mission.

That's routine procedure, they arrest people without any proper verification. They will let them go after they got verified.

That's routine procedure, they arrest people without any proper verification. They will let them go after they got verified.

These border guards must be bored! Funny but I don't blame them. If I were them I would probably do the same. It is better safe than sorry.

Jesus Christ, you actually think that China would send three guys/gals on foot with Polaroid cameras if it wanted military intelligence on India.

That was meant to be a sarcastic comment :tup: :cheers:

I am sure most are innocent tourists, but given the fact that they were without documents, it becomes a routine procedure for the troops to take them into interrogation.

Back
Top Bottom