3 retired Generals to be court-martialed in NLC scam

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Three retired Generals to be court-martialed in NLC scam
AGENCIES 5 hrs ago | Comments (0)
ISLAMABAD - Services of three retired Generals of Pakistan army have been restored for their court martial in the NLC Scam case.

During meeting of the Public Accounts Committee, NAB officials briefed it about NLC scam involving billions of corruption. They said that NAB Chairman has held three meetings with Chief of Army Staff about the matter.

They said the army officers involved in the scandal are Retd. Lt General Khalid Munir, Retd. Lt General Afzal Muzaffar and Major General Retd Zaheer Akhtar. They said that army says it would inquire the cases of three generals involved in the scandal while NAB was holding inquiries about civilians.

NAB officials said in the beginning GHQ was not cooperating in the case at which they warned to forcibly take all the relevant record under the NAB ordinance. Now the GHQ has agreed to hand over the entire record.

They further said that they have been informed that the three generals have been restored on service for court martial.

Audit officials said they have been informed that proceedings of court martial against three generals have already started.

Chairman of PAC Nadeem Afal Gondal observed that these are delaying tactics and remarked that while action is taken immediately against post office officials while there is delay in the cases of VIPs.

The PAC asked the Defence Secretary to submit a report about progress in the case in fifteen days and asked NAB to provide the relevant record.

The Director General NLC Major General Junaid told the committee that the department has retrieved loan of Rs 9.5 billion and this year it earned a profit of Rs 6.5 billion. He said the NLC was no more transporting goods of Afghan transit trade which is a business of Rs 100 billion. He said if the government so desires, they can get this contract once again.

Member of the Committee Hamid Yar Hiraj said that smuggling has increased after the Afghan Transit trade contract was given to the private sector.

Secretary Planning Commission Javed Malik informed the PAC that 191 projects would be completed during the current financial year and it is effort of the government that no new project is launched till December so that work is completed on the ongoing projects.
Three retired Generals to be court-martialed in NLC scam | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia
..........................................................................................
GEO is also reporting that 3 retired Generals (2xLt Gen & 1x Maj Gen) are to be court-martialed in NLC scam

This is good, should have done long time back... will set a good example

Three generals reinstated for court martial

Three generals reinstated for court martial - thenews.com.pk

This is probably to save their men from regular court trial and the so called court marshal will only give them nominal punishments, in short sawa lakh ka hathi bhi bacha liya :rolleyes:

I am not familiar with law, but because this was an offence done while serving in the Army, and from army funds and all, so a court marshal seems right.

Can a civilian court try them afterwards?

You haters will keep on monegring.

Educate yourself for what a court martial is and then open your beaks here!

Sir, I think it would be appropriate for you to explain to our members what is going on. Let's not let anyone live in jahalat.

I am not familiar with law, but because this was an offence done while serving in the Army, and from army funds and all, so a court marshal seems right.

Can a civilian court try them afterwards?

ofcourse, PAC was to refer it...they misused not only their authority but also public money,

but since they have been reinstated so the Army will claim court marshal, which basically is to avoid trial in civil court as far as Im concern...

You haters will keep on monegring.

Educate yourself for what a court martial is and then open your beaks here!

one name Brig Ali Khan :rolleyes:

I was hoping for a squad shooting but...

Only tip of the ice berg. PA is the most corrupt institution in pakistan. PA,s generals have shown their liking for managing financial institutions, real estate ventures and just being in glittering corporate enviorment they are so brave as one would expect from a general that they gamble billions of Rupees on stock exchane , interesting point is, for that they make sure the money being used for that gambling belongs to u and me. We all know their history of producing dictators and supporting them as long as it suits them. One thing they not good at is defending and wining for pakistan ,attacks on navel and air bases and GHQ it,s self for that not one senior officer has been punished not to mention 100,s of millions of $ of damages to oridinary pakistani coz of that negligence does,t make sense to me does it to u?

Only tip of the ice berg. PA is the most corrupt institution in pakistan. PA,s generals have shown their liking for managing financial institutions, real estate ventures and just being in glittering corporate enviorment they are so brave as one would expect from a general that they gamble billions of Rupees on stock exchane , interesting point is, for that they make sure the money being used for that gambling belongs to u and me. We all know their history of producing dictators and supporting them as long as it suits them. One thing they not good at is defending and wining for pakistan ,attacks on navel and air bases and GHQ it,s self for that not one senior officer has been punished not to mention 100,s of millions of $ of damages to oridinary pakistani coz of that negligence does,t make sense to me does it to u?

Well, it is corrupt, but much less than the other government institutions and much much better. Much more better run than the others.

Now, how do you know that nobody (senior officer) is punished for these attacks?

If a single senior army officer has been punished for negligence for attacks on navel and air bases

If a single senior army officer has been punished for negligence for attacks on navel and air bases

Not army. Naval officer. For the PNS Mehran attack. Don't know about army though. The present inquiry going on for Kamra attack will also have some repercussions for the base commander. Rumor is that he is going to be retired with some change in post retirement benefits.

ofcourse, PAC was to refer it...they misused not only their authority but also public money,

but since they have been reinstated so the Army will claim court marshal, which basically is to avoid trial in civil court as far as Im concern...
Are dumb or what?

The Officers were specifically reinstated so that they can be tried by a court martial. Not because as now they have been reinstated so per force they had to be tried by a court martial. Dont try to twists words. It reflects poor on your integrity and is morally unjustified!

It will be through these court martials that they may be further tried by a civilian court. Moreover, every military has its laws which are stricter than their counterpart on the civilian side and uniforms are supposed to be tried by a military court first (though not necessarily) and then if one decides to hand over the case to the civilian court, that can also be done.

Why dont you losers just be thankful that it is the first time in the history of Islamic Warfare that a Pakistani general (rather 3 akhtay) are being tried after all.

Otherwise, they would have been done no harm and you rondoos would have just fed the internet with some more mongering for a while, which would then die its own death when the steam had ran out.

Buggers! You have just been witness to a history into making!

Cheer up!

I was hoping for a squad shooting but...

Well, as we can see that you are a disciple of Sir MK, i would rather not comment on such a childish request.

BTW, we have seen what your shooting squad has done to the likes of Zardari and others who have ravage this country like hell. Aik khat tu likhwa nahi sakay tum log despite the fact that the entire country knows (other than your likes) that a criminal is leading our national portfolio.

It's like the happenings in villages, where everyone less the Police knows who the thief or dacoit is, but still the Police will arrest the guy who has been the victim of the theft!

And now when the military has atlast broken a myth, you mongers still are not satisfied.

You wept about the business venture by the military, and you were facepalmed by that thread which i created.

So you shifted your poles and started mongering over ISI, when that was cleared up, you took on the matter of Balochistan, when that was settled you fell in love with Bugti, and when this was cleared that Bugti was not infact 'murdered' by the military, you started concentrating over NLC, and now when this is going to meet its justified end, you shameless creatures are still up with your daggers drawn.

Oye kis beysharam mittay k banay hoye ho tum log?

Leader, i think i have told you this before also, but i am going to say it once again...you are doing a hellouva job from keeping me, my colleagues and my under commands to vote for PTI during the next elections!

:tup:

Why should we be thankful for army to prosecute three criminals for abusing the trust of the whole nation ?, what kind of thinking is that? Remember its the same army who named Yahya khan (general) "tiger" for losing half the pakistan , wake up my friend this army thinks pakistan is their hoar and they can rape her whenever they want

Back
Top Bottom