What's new

2nd pilot

Agreed. But at some point the aviation community at large will figure it out and then they will be stuck anyway.

Probably used for backchannel diplomacy; we have a senior officer held by them too.
Now we have two of theirs for one of ours.

True. Back channel diplomacy is what Pakistan wanted. Modi was paranoid on the night of 27th. He refused to take calls of anyone from Pakistan. India was full steam ahead with SSM deployment. Pasni, Gwadar and Karachi were prime targets of their SSM's. This would have cut Pakistan from international waters which means no fuel, no power and no food.

It was not until the CIA noticed Shaheen SSM's being taken out of dumps and deployed in the similar fashion. The very next day Washington post publishes an article "This is where the next nuclear fall out with take place - and its not North Korea".

This is not all coincidence. Things were way more tense for Pakistan then they were for India.

was he the pilot or WSO? :)

That I don't know yet. Good questions. Give me sometime for this. :D

actualy the reason of asking is i stuck at three...Abhinandan, This chap and other one...

i think once IAF chief openly denies S-30MKI loss only then PAF will release the info..right know they are treating Su-30MKI as it is not in service with IAF

This is the thing. In all of their media briefings, the journalists have to give in a pre-approved question set for security reasons. They cannot ask any questions out of that list. And shooting down of Su-30 has never been on that list. I do not know if they have been giving questions pertaining to flanker downing for approval. But no one has asked them this question.

Is it correct that their second strike mission was to do another incursion and try to kill a few of our birds and then cry that they have lost a jet in the process and Pakistan has him?

India never attempted a second strike mission using IAF. Their next course of action was resorting to heavy artillery fire (as seen in Sialkot) and SSM strikes. That threat is still here.

True. Back channel diplomacy is what Pakistan wanted. Modi was paranoid on the night of 27th. He refused to take calls of anyone from Pakistan. India was full steam ahead with SSM deployment. Pasni, Gwadar and Karachi were prime targets of their SSM's. This would have cut Pakistan from international waters which means no fuel, no power and no food.

It was not until the CIA noticed Shaheen SSM's being taken out of dumps and deployed in the similar fashion. The very next day Washington post publishes an article "This is where the next nuclear fall out with take place - and its not North Korea".

This is not all coincidence. Things were way more tense for Pakistan then they were for India.

This is the thing. In all of their media briefings, the journalists have to give in a pre-approved question set for security reasons. They cannot ask any questions out of that list. And shooting down of Su-30 has never been on that list. I do not know if they have been giving questions pertaining to flanker downing for approval. But no one has asked them this question.

India never attempted a second strike mission using IAF. Their next course of action was resorting to heavy artillery fire (as seen in Sialkot) and SSM strikes. That threat is still here.
I concur to this ... in Karachi the target was main depot at drig road karachi ... under military instruction the area was under complete blackout including nearby residential areas

If they went to SSMs then it would have to be nuclear to truly cut off the South. In that case they would have written their and our end together.

If they went to SSMs then it would have to be nuclear to truly cut off the South. In that case they would have written their and our end together.

let me be devils advocate i dont think Brahmos are nuclear tipped. Indian missile attack was based upon Brahmos GLCM (hypersonic) if they had launched and we had suffered strike. Pakistan Rocket forces would have replied thrice the quantity.

it was never nuclear...crazy as it sounds if indian moved to its SSM (Heavy weights) there will be mutiny from inside.

If true then India's conventional superiority over Pak is now a myth!!! Shouldn't Pak be behaving the way India's behaving now???

By the by, can 50 folks (Marwari/Parsi/Jain etc.), who control 70% of India's wealth among themselves, really afford a nuclear duel with Pak???? Or, even a potential possibility can do a real harm to their wealth!!!! The last time they sold Bengal to the East India Company....

Dear members,

Please be assured that second pilot, a Squadron Leader of IAF is in our custody. Chap has a broken backbone. Soon he is to share a cell with Lt Cmdr Yadav.

Cut the chase please.
Mind explaining how can you detain him as per Geneva Convention?

let me be devils advocate i dont think Brahmos are nuclear tipped. Indian missile attack was based upon Brahmos GLCM (hypersonic) if they had launched and we had suffered strike. Pakistan Rocket forces would have replied thrice the quantity.

it was never nuclear...crazy as it sounds if indian moved to its SSM (Heavy weights) there will be mutiny from inside.

No chances were being taken on our side. Nasrs although for battlefield use were also deployed.

However, the defensive measures for civil pop in some critical cantt areas was different this time.

In 2002 they had dug trenches beside our flats and schools and we rehearsed moving there in case of siren.

Haven't heard of similar thing this time from those that are still there.

Probably because the escalation was longer back then.

Same way one officer of ours is detained by India.

The two nation’s establishments(internal mechanisms) have dealt with each other enough to not always look at international conventions.

The same way our nuclear weapons aren’t normally (changed with the current situation) ready to go at each other and prior to this Indian government and its political manipulation of Indian bureaucracy a lot of mutual “trust” existed in the de-escalation systems.

No it wasnt SSM but more preciseky they were planning to use brahmos on our ammunition depot and the prime target was karachi drig road depot

Glad you asked dear. First let me introduce Indians to the term "Earth Kardeya" :

If they want him, then first they have to go ahead and claim him as missing, lol.

The legal, diplomatic and military experts are divided on the application of third Geneva Convention on Indian Air Force (IAF) pilot Squadron leader XXXX. They however, are unified that he should not be handed over to India until the conflict between the two states is officially resolved. Some experts believe that the IAF pilot is a Prisoner of War (PoW) and he is entitled to third Geneva Convention.

Therefore, they believe he should be treated humanely and should be given food, clothing, housing and medical aid while in custody which he is entitled to under the Geneva Convention.

Some experts believe that since the act of war is not declared between India and Pakistan therefore he cannot be considered a prisoner of war and Geneva Convention doesn’t apply on him.

One of Pakistan’s former ambassadors says, Geneva Convention only applies when there is an act of war. Currently there is no war between India and Pakistan and therefore Geneva Convention doesn’t apply on IAF pilot Squadron Leader XXXX. He should be treated as a normal prisoner not as a PoW.

“This is an aggression and not a war. However, dignity demands that he should be extended all the facilities which are given to prisoner of war under the Geneva Convention.

Pakistan is not bound to return him under the Geneva Convention. However we can return him to India under the exchange of prisoner programme between the two countries”, he commented.

He said the Indian pilot is just a prisoner. The only difference is that he is not a spy but a warrior. There are many instances even in Vietnam War when American pilots were arrested but they were not executed. They were later released under the prisoner exchange programme. "Pakistan may also do the same”.

The above is just an excerpt regarding the then ongoing debate on Abhi before his release. Indians should thank their sole marble that they got Abhi back so easily, now let's see if they have enough of a pair to get this one back.

Back
Top Bottom