What's new

2nd Pak FA prototype maiden flight pics

can any one please explain to me that how T-50 is not a true 5th gen fighter and how are the chinese are 10 years ahead of russians.
Russians have decade of experience in aircraft design and manufacture.In fact they were the only one seriously threatening the American's for a long time.

Dude just look at the J-20, the F-22 the F35 they all look alike, the T-50 looks like a 4th gen fighter....all I have to say is, if it looks and quacks like a duck..then it must be a duck(4th gen)

Dude just look at the J-20, the F-22 the F35 they all look alike, the T-50 looks like a 4th gen fighter....all I have to say is, if it looks and quacks like a duck..then it must be a duck(4th gen)

Oh.. So its the looks that determines what generation it is.. :what:
Wonderful.. I didnt knew that. Thanks for the info. :cheers:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

epic_fail_Epic_Fails-s580x435-48807.jpg

Oh.. So its the looks that determines what generation it is.. :what:
Wonderful.. I didnt knew that. Thanks for the info. :cheers:
the T-50 does not LOOK stealthy at all, but you are blinded by the same guys you pay to make them?...yeah sure the T-50 is stealthy...:lol:

there is a reason the J-20 looks stealthy...Because it is...:china:

the T-50 does not LOOK stealthy at all, but you are blinded by the same guys you pay to make them?...yeah sure the T-50 is stealthy...:lol:

there is a reason the J-20 looks stealthy...Because it is...:china:

Explain look stealthy..

Is it something regarding the pic?/ I mean the stealthy planes are not visible in picture posted and T-50 is not stealthy so it appears to naked eye sort of??/

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...ototype-maiden-flight-pics-8.html#post1537568

Check the lower pic (post 110) in regard of "look" and you will see that T50 has just the same stealth shapings of the airframe, canopy, air intakes, or tail fins like any other 5th gen fighter as well.
The funny thing imo is, that so many people hype the J20 now, although so less is known about it and it's capabilities and although Pak Fa instead even at this stage of the development sets new benchmarks of capabilities!

- the only 5th gen fighter with up to 5 (maybe even 6) AESA radars
- the only 5th gen fighter, that will have a dedicated IRST (F35 has a targeting pod with A2A modes)
- the only 5th gen fighter with movable LERX
- highest SC speed
- biggest internal weapon bay with up to 10 AAMs
- the rumored radar blocker is a completely new technology as well and would make serpentine ducts pointless

How many of these things will J20 have, or what completely new feature will it offer, that no other fighter has?
Don't even start to guess, because you simply don't know it!
J20 is a good step forward for China, but so far it is not clear how far the development really is and how capable the fighter really will be.
T50 is under development as well, but the things that we already know, are more than impressive and obviously puts in a league with US stealth fighters. Performancewise it seems to be even better then them and that with the interim engine only, now consider how good it will be with the final engine, TVC and all stealth features integrated.

- the only 5th gen fighter, that will have a dedicated IRST (F35 has a targeting pod with A2A modes)
- highest SC speed
- the rumored radar blocker is a completely new technology as well and would make serpentine ducts pointless
Imma hafta wait for my boy Gambit to put you on your place troll...:disagree:

the design of t-50 is new, stealthy shape and su-27 style whole body lifting surface combined, which makes the stealthy shape apparently difference from the US. its new and thats why its precious to me, unlike j-20. new stuff is rare nowadays.

problem of t-50 j-20 which is better is all about where you put your a$$ on. both in prototype phase, radar, engine not ready not confirmed, and j-20 dont even got design data. no matter what, Russian and Indian r sitting on t-50, u cant expect they will agree j-20 is better, same goes for the chinese.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...ototype-maiden-flight-pics-8.html#post1537568

Check the lower pic (post 110) in regard of "look" and you will see that T50 has just the same stealth shapings of the airframe, canopy, air intakes, or tail fins like any other 5th gen fighter as well.
The funny thing imo is, that so many people hype the J20 now, although so less is known about it and it's capabilities and although Pak Fa instead even at this stage of the development sets new benchmarks of capabilities!

- highest SC speed

How many of these things will J20 have, or what completely new feature will it offer, that no other fighter has?
Don't even start to guess, because you simply don't know it!
J20 is a good step forward for China, but so far it is not clear how far the development really is and how capable the fighter really will be.
T50 is under development as well, but the things that we already know, are more than impressive and obviously puts in a league with US stealth fighters. Performancewise it seems to be even better then them and that with the interim engine only, now consider how good it will be with the final engine, TVC and all stealth features integrated.

And also J-20 has forward canards!! Now what 5th generation plane has forwards canards? For this localoca guy Forward canards means larger RCS so J-20's stealth-like capabilties are debatable if not questionable.

And also J-20 has forward canards!! Now what 5th generation plane has forwards canards? For this localoca guy Forward canards means larger RCS so J-20's stealth-like capabilties are debatable if not questionable.

This has been discussed to death.

The canards are actually smaller than the rear wings on either the F 22 or T 50

They present a problem if they are off alignment but if locked in place they actually provide smaller radar surface area then conventional control surfaces.

Canards generate additional lift and provide extreme maneuverability even when locked in place.

Transparent composites used in other earlier planes and also likely used here would make the canards seem nonexistent as it is a single piece with moving parts within the plane itself.

Back
Top Bottom