What's new

27 more technical colleges planned in Saudi Arabia

al-Hasani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
1397050932139989200.jpg

STRATEGIC PLANNING: TVTC Governor Ali Al-Ghafees signs the accord with Dan Patterson, president of Niagara College, Canada. (AN photo)
RIYADH: ABDUL HANNAN TAGO

Published — Friday 11 April 2014

Last update 10 April 2014 11:50 pm

Colleges of Excellence (CoE) signed here Tuesday an agreement with 12 global partners for setting up another 27 colleges which will be managed by various international applied technical and educational institutions from the US, Canada, the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Australia and New Zealand.
This marks the launch of the second wave of the country’s strategic plan to provide 100 colleges by 2020. The new colleges will be operational in September this year.
In September 2013, the CoE signed the first wave of 10 colleges that operated in major cities across the country, to bring the number to 37 colleges, making Saudi Arabia the hub of world-class advanced technical training in all fields and sectors under the world’s finest universities, professors and trainers for the benefit of its youth.
The historic accord, described as the first of its kind in Saudi Arabia, was inked by Ali Al-Ghafees, governor of the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation (TVTC), in the presence of a number of participating countries’ ambassadors to the Kingdom, the Saudi Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF) head, Ibrahim Al-Moaiqel, and the CoE’s Executive Director, Saleh Al-Amro.
“This is a tremendous success for the CoE team, TVTC and Saudi Arabia in general. What this country is doing in terms of investment in vocational applied education today is truly historic across the world,” said Dan Patterson, president of Niagara College of Canada, one of the signatories.Patterson told Arab News on the sidelines of the event that the initiative is not just about Saudi Arabia and providing opportunities for men and women, but also about helping them to find employment.
“And that mixture of education and employment is part of the future,” he noted, adding that in Canada for example, “we have many student graduates from universities who have a difficult time finding a job, because they don’t have the technical skills.”
According to him, the Kingdom is trying to build a brand new system using the best class of trainers and practices across the world.
“The groups of colleges are partners here today and are true leaders in their fields,” he said.
“With the dramatic transition to a Global Village coupled with the internationalization of the business sectors, Saudi Arabia is prompted to boost its competitiveness through building manpower equipped with skills required for various professions,” said Al-Ghafees in his speech.
He said that it was remarkable that Saudi Arabia not only had challenges and opportunities simultaneously but also that 50 percent of the population is below 24 years of age. “Those youngsters represent the future of development in the Kingdom,” he said.

It is therefore obligatory to provide this potential age group with appropriate qualifications which makes them eligible for entry into the job market. “This would also upgrade our competitiveness level globally,” he added.
The governor noted in his speech that there are new agreements with 12 global partners providing vocational courses and hands-on training under which, the new waves will provide training in various fields required by the Saudi labor market.The new colleges will open opportunities by providing the best world practices that would reinforce the domestic firms and various sectors where job opportunities are available.
According to Al-Ghafees, there will be 800,000 jobs available in the coming five years waiting for those graduates who will receive certificates of excellence recognized both locally and internationally. They will not only be trained in the technical field but also in terms of work ethics, behavior and hospitality.

27 more technical colleges planned | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

:yay:

I might as well just move to Saudi Arabia, do you guys have a military sector? I want work in that production field. :D

Although @Yzd Khalifa will probably deny me entry to KSA and maybe put me behind bars.

Train and educate your young and keep going. They are the future and the Saudi state has one of the youngest populations.

Train and educate your young and keep going. They are the future and the Saudi state has one of the youngest populations.

Thank you brother. Yes, KSA has one of the most young populations in the world and they need the right guidance and all the best opportunities.

Education is the best investment.;)

Thank you brother. Yes, KSA has one of the most young populations in the world and they need the right guidance and all the best opportunities.

Education is the best investment.;)

Met quite a few Saudi students in London bro. Nice and very welcoming.

Met quite a few Saudi students in London bro. Nice and very welcoming.

That's great. Yes, there are quite a few Saudi Arabian and Arab students in London and also local Brits of Arab origin.

Most of the Saudi Arabian students are based in the US though.;)

:o:

That's great. Yes, there are quite a few Saudi Arabian and Arab students in London and also local Brits of Arab origin.

Most of the Saudi Arabian students are based in the US though.;)

Yes there are. Although some should be studying harder! They smoke too much shisha and spend their days chasing after the pretty Arab girls on Edgware road lol. :p:

Yes there are. Although some should be studying harder! They smoke too much shisha and spend their days chasing after the pretty Arab girls on Edgware road lol. :p:

As feared. Edgware Road. LOL. What a place.

The women are studying hard and out there to prove themselves. Can't say that about many of the men.

They need a kick in the ***.:agree:

As feared. Edgware Road. LOL. What a place.

The women are studying hard and out there to prove themselves. Can't say that about many of the men.

They need a kick in the ***.:agree:

Lol true. It is the guys. The girls work hard and they also fend off the guys hahah.

Lol true. It is the guys. The girls work hard and they also fend off the guys hahah.

That's because they are out there to prove themselves. The men need to understand that hard work is necessary to succeed. Most understand this but a minority group just want to enjoy life and then return. Experiment should I say.:D

Yes Saudi Arabian women are a tough bunch.

That's because they are out there to prove themselves. The men need to understand that hard work is necessary to succeed. Most understand this but a minority group just want to enjoy life and then return. Experiment should I say.:D

Yes Saudi Arabian women are a tough bunch.

Mum and dad have done everything for them. Hence the attitude to life. It's true, hard work is what gets us ahead.

Mum and dad have done everything for them. Hence the attitude to life. It's true, hard work is what gets us ahead.

Yes, it's truth.

That's why I want Saudi Arabian women to play a bigger role in society.

Are you living in London? Must be cool, no?:D

Yes, it's truth.

That's why I want Saudi Arabian women to play a bigger role in society.

Are you living in London? Must be cool, no?:D

I remember a famous scholar saying that Muslims fight with one hand behind their back i.e. our women play no role in pushing development.

Yes bro I do live on London.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom