What's new

27 Feb 19: PAF shot down two Indian aircrafts inside Pakistani airspace: DG ISPR

274818441_1586557098390683_4889394992943190998_n.jpg

India and France recently held the Garuda series of exercises mainly focused towards BVR combat with Rafales and Su-30s. Seems like they are intent on not having a repeat of Balakot though reading between the lines, they have a ways to go.
I didnt realize though that they didnt have Meteor missile for their Rafales. Anyone know why?

1675542203133.png
1675542419268.png

I think he was talking about Sukhoi jets not IAF Rafale jets
I think you are correct. They are talking about Su-30s only there. Still interesting that IAF top Su-30 squadron pilots didnt want to pit themselves against the top missile to see what they could really do against a more advanced adversary.

I think you are correct. They are talking about Su-30s only there. Still interesting that IAF top Su-30 squadron pilots didnt want to pit themselves against the top missile to see what they could really do against a more advanced adversary.
By this post I am not indulging myself into trolling but I hink results are "already" known to them; the most they could claim after such encounter is a new title "Meteor DODGERS"

India and France recently held the Garuda series of exercises mainly focused towards BVR combat with Rafales and Su-30s. Seems like they are intent on not having a repeat of Balakot though reading between the lines, they have a ways to go.
I didnt realize though that they didnt have Meteor missile for their Rafales. Anyone know why?

View attachment 915062View attachment 915063
Anywhere to read the full thing?

By this post I am not indulging myself into trolling but I hink results are "already" known to them; the most they could claim after such encounter is a new title "Meteor DODGERS"
"On the Indian side, the Sukhoi pilots explained to their French colleagues that they were simulating the use of "Indian missiles" without further details"

Last edited:

"On the Indian side, the Sukhoi pilots explained to their French colleagues that they were simulating the use of "Indian missiles" without further details"
And your point to quote this excerpt as I also read that part ...

They're talking about IAF flankers involved in the exercise

IMG_20210316_153606.jpg

No, India does have Meteor for it's Rafales. I think he was talking in the context of the Sukhois.

Its an article in the March issue of Combat Aircraft

Back
Top Bottom