What's new

23-year-old girl becomes first Kashmiri to develop Android app

Aka123

Reaction score
Country
India
Srinagar: "I don't want to be a second someone, I want to be the first me" - this is how a 23-year-old ambitious computer engineer, who has become the first Kashmiri to develop an Android application, describes herself on her Facebook page.

The Android application named 'Dial Kashmir' contains over 500 contacts of government and private departments, a one stop source for "essential information".

'Dial Kashmir' contains important contacts of different departments, officials and public utilities and would be of immense help to locals and tourists alike, says Mehvish Mushtaq, who holds a Bachelors (B.E.) in Computer Science.

"I felt a need to develop such an application because unlike outside, where there are many apps and websites which contain such information, Kashmir had none. 'Dial Kashmir' would provide information easily to the people here. There are many users of Android platform-based mobile phones here," Mehvish, a resident of uptown Barzulla in Srinagar, told PTI.

23-year-old girl becomes first Kashmiri to develop Android app | NDTV.com

such small steps will go big way in promoting tourism in Kashmir, which will further help in development of Kashmiri people.

Kudos to the young lady:cheers:

Congratulations to her she should come to Pakistan and help her fellow Pakistanis develop applications for Android.

Looks like Junior Thinktank on roll, couldn't resist trolling didn't ya... :astagh:

such small steps will go big way in promoting tourism in Kashmir, which will further help in development of Kashmiri people.

Kudos to the young lady:cheers:

Looks like Junior Thinktank on roll, couldn't resist trolling didn't ya... :astagh:

If you feel "trolled" then you can exit this forum, this is a Pakistani perspective. We naturally want our people helping our nation in it's development.

Congrats girl...........................:yahoo:

You r right but IF Kashmiri girl mentioned than u asking to come Pakistan and help people. other so many persons in India who doing better work but u didn't ask them to come Pakistan....

By the way, I don't mind if somebody help other persons...:cheers:

All kashmirs are Pakistanis !

If you feel "trolled" then you can exit this forum, this is a Pakistani perspective. We naturally want our people helping our nation in it's development.

Why should i leave if u troll???:what:

n were did i stopped u from asking help from ur people but she is an INDIAN CITIZEN n no amount of Pakistani PERSPECTIVE is gonna change the reality.

Plz come outta ur disney land Mr. Jr.TT :wave:

Mashallah good for her. May it succeed.

Congratulations to her she should come to Pakistan and help her fellow Pakistanis develop applications for Android.

Agreed. Mobile apps development is a successful sector in Pakistan. For the Blackberry platform many award winning apps were designed by private individuals in the country. Same can be done on Droid (probably already happening)

A troll a day keeps the doctor away ?

Stupid & Funny Section material.

@ subject

A good development, shall spur others to follow.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS not start again.......

Think whatever u want to think and feel happy...:kiss3:

But, truth is we all known...:enjoy:

A troll a day keeps the doctor away ?

Stupid & Funny Section material.

@ subject

A good development, shall spur others to follow.
Disagree with me million times I dont care!
Kashmiris are Pakistanis! Now let's not spoil the good thread of this girl!

You two guys are really trolls if you quote me again!

Disagree with me million times I dont care!
Kashmiris are Pakistanis! Now let's not spoil the good thread of this girl!

You two guys are really trolls if you quote me again!

Posts 3 & 7 have already set the standards for ruining this good thread.

Back
Top Bottom