What's new

23 Egyptian Soldiers including Colonel reported killed in Sinai attack

Hopefully we can get the ball rolling on this Islamic Alliance, and Raheel Sharif can drop international troops into the Sinai ASAP.

We cant leave the responsibility of tackling a large group like ISIS on Egypt and a handful of other countries. Hell it took an entire coalition of well armed and well funded Western nations to dismantle Al Queda, a group arguably far tamer than ISIS.
According to Egypt and Israel peace treaty you can't do that unless Israel allow that.

Allah bless the deceased.
Even after all this Violence by this Fasadi Salafi Terror Gang Muslim Countries cannot unite by setting aside petty political differences against this monster of terrorism?

attack started by using a suicide car bomb followed by heavy and light weapons on other side army official says the attack was repelled

Sorry for your loss.

About the islamic alliance, you will let foreign troops into your country to fight an insurgency?

If the offer is made by the IA, and I had a say in the matter, I would absolutely consider it while taking many factors into account. Why not? If there is a solid, very smart plan and there are proven tactics that have great chances of succeeding, then absolutely. I'm not of the "foolish pride" type. This can be used to light a fire under the current heads in charge, to show them that they're not living up to the challenge and the job will be given to someone else while they suffer a demotion. This is the military and the ones responsible for failures must be held accountable. Maybe bring them in for a short period until things are fixed and then send them back. But here's the problem with all this; the current system is not working and that needs to be fixed first and foremost before any other group comes in and it gets destroyed. The intelligence is clearly not doing its job. People can say all they want as to how difficult it is to infiltrate such evil groups and find out what they're planning and then thwart these attacks before they take place, and that's true, but it's not impossible. It's done all the time. And the Egyptian intelligence knows exactly who and what group these scum are part of. These types of attacks take planning and that's when they must be discovered then channeled correctly, no excuses. Like I mentioned before, it's much more difficult to thwart a lone suicide bomber in a market, but a large and coordinated attack like this one? Pathetic, shameful and most of all very sad.

The training and tactics and procedures are complete failures and have been for a while. They're not properly defending these checkpoints or border stops or military outposts with alert surveillance, or creating several stop-gap measures or obstacle courses for security layers. There's a lack of training for alertness of suspicious activity. Lack of creating barriers of separation for protection, more stop-gaps. There's also the issue of the equipment given to these men that are not the right ones to help them effectively thwart these types of attacks. The training is not specific. They don't have much of a chance under present conditions. Have to tell it like it is, sadly.

So without fixing all this, foreign troops will only be thrown to the lions, unfortunately. Sorry for the long post.

RIP to these men, speedy recovery to the wounded.

Can't Egypt take full control of the Sinai? I see a considerable part is under scumbag Salafi IS control, I'm sure they have the hardware and manpower to do so or is there politics behind it? Maybe an Egyptian member can elaborate?

Edit: I see some rather large settlements under scumbag control, I imagine it would take a large deployment and urban warfare.

Last edited:
RIP to our Egyptian brothers. Very sad to hear of this.

If the offer is made by the IA, and I had a say in the matter, I would absolutely consider it while taking many factors into account. Why not? If there is a solid, very smart plan and there are proven tactics that have great chances of succeeding, then absolutely. I'm not of the "foolish pride" type. This can be used to light a fire under the current heads in charge, to show them that they're not living up to the challenge and the job will be given to someone else while they suffer a demotion. This is the military and the ones responsible for failures must be held accountable. Maybe bring them in for a short period until things are fixed and then send them back. But here's the problem with all this; the current system is not working and that needs to be fixed first and foremost before any other group comes in and it gets destroyed. The intelligence is clearly not doing its job. People can say all they want as to how difficult it is to infiltrate such evil groups and find out what they're planning and then thwart these attacks before they take place, and that's true, but it's not impossible. It's done all the time. And the Egyptian intelligence knows exactly who and what group these scum are part of. These types of attacks take planning and that's when they must be discovered then channeled correctly, no excuses. Like I mentioned before, it's much more difficult to thwart a lone suicide bomber in a market, but a large and coordinated attack like this one? Pathetic, shameful and most of all very sad.

The training and tactics and procedures are complete failures and have been for a while. They're not properly defending these checkpoints or border stops or military outposts with alert surveillance, or creating several stop-gap measures or obstacle courses for security layers. There's a lack of training for alertness of suspicious activity. Lack of creating barriers of separation for protection, more stop-gaps. There's also the issue of the equipment given to these men that are not the right ones to help them effectively thwart these types of attacks. The training is not specific. They don't have much of a chance under present conditions. Have to tell it like it is, sadly.

So without fixing all this, foreign troops will only be thrown to the lions, unfortunately. Sorry for the long post.
It is not an easy task for anyone.. Pakistan with all its experience in fighting terrorism is still suffering from attacks, almost on a daily bases.. The difference is that in Egypt, the terrorists are targetting the Military in the Sinai, mainly high ranking officers, this time a Colonel, the last times two Majors and even a General in Cairo..on top f targetting civilians and the economy..like the downing of the Russian tourist's plane..These ISIl guys might have some good intel to be able to do such damage..

Thank you for the well considered reply. You are a very civil poster, a rarity on PDF.

My bad I did not elaborate my question well.

I dis not mean false pride at all. There are very sound reasons why most countries find the idea of foreign troops on their soil abhorrent.

1 you DO lose credibility internationally

2 foreign countries with troops DO get leverage in running your country - dimished sovereignty

3 foreign countries have agendas. You welcome them to implement them inside your country

4 no example of a foreign force successfully defeating an insurgency

I understand your post somewhat covers all of this in a different way, as in you said all these and such issues will have to be understood BEFORE such troops are allowed.

But I think militariyl Egypt is strong enough. It is intelligence thats needed to defeat an insurgency like yours, otherwise you are loaded with weapons. so I think it will be a horrible idea.

paper alliance who won't do anything to combat terror, just some political tool. Yet some people here put so much value to it to feel like they're part of some great glorious alliance, hence it works well as a political tool.

May be you dont know that egyptian troops are in egypt already?
maybe you dont know that the soldiers of the Alliance will have the advantage of intellegence from other country's agencies?
Unity is power?
or was it
Unity is strength?

Back
Top Bottom