Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Beautiful Tourist Attractions In Iran - Business Insider

21 Gorgeous Photos That Show Why Iran Is A New Tourist Hotspot

JENNIFER POLLAND

• mosque-in-iran.jpg

Shutterstock.com

Iran is becoming a tourist hotspot this year, with tour operators reporting significant increases in tourists booking trips to the Middle Eastern country.

Perhaps that's because of a slight thaw in its relationships with the West, or simply because of the allure of exploring a little-known tourist destination with few other tourists around.

Americans are allowed to visit Iran. In fact, Iran is actively encouraging visits from them. But U.S. citizens who do visit must travel with an official tour guide and get their itinerary approved by the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) to get a visa. Travel within Iran is considered safe if you tour responsibly, even though the U.S. Department of State has issued a travel warning to Iran.

From ancient cities with breathtaking mosques to gorgeous natural landscapes, here are some of Iran's most beautiful, and untouched, tourist attractions.

Click here to see Iran »

Must be those typical western, ignorant types. I dont even read them because I know their inclination and bias.

By the way, some buildings extremely beautiful.
Yeah, some of the mosques built by Shah Abbas in Isfahan are really nice. The bridges that were built during the same time period are pretty nice as well.

I'm from Shiraz so I grew up with Persepolis and all the other ancient sights being close by. For me, Isfahan is a better city to walk around. Isfahan also has a nice river where everybody goes to during the evening hours and just chill out.

Rick Steves shows all the sights covered in these pics, minus the ski resorts and the Northern and Southern coasts.

Must be those typical western, ignorant types. I dont even read them because I know their inclination and bias.

By the way, some buildings extremely beautiful.
lot of people dont know the difference between iran and rest of ME. In their mind its the angry muslim dude chanting allah hu akbar death to america la la la meme which represents the whole country.
only other day i was arguing with a guy but sadly his iranian expat friend was more with him than me. both laughed at me of course coz I have never been to iran.

lol at the comments

businessinsider is a neoconservative rag, and the readership they attract tends to be very similar to yahoo commentors. frankly, i'm surprised they would do an exposé on Iranian tourism, it's not something they would be normally promote.

Would love to visit Iran , but wonder if i will get a visa , i have an Israeli visa on my passport , and have been there thrice. will it affect my chances?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom