What's new

21 August, 2004 grenade attack on Awami League rally

I don't see any proof that Juzz was Tarique's buddy, so save your 2 cents.

Juzz was just a petty criminal. Although as much as I dislike Tarique, he doesn't seem like the type to kill people. In fact, it doesn't even connect the dots.

Now, would be safe to say that such accusations are politically motivated such that the AL remains in power forever?

Joj Miah is the culprit

Why a petty criminal indicted for a crime of that magnitude (as if he got 100 hands to throw so many grenades) and why he got paid for 2 years?? Thats a million dollar question. Can you connect the dots here?

Why a petty criminal indicted for a crime of that magnitude (as if he got 100 hands to throw so many grenades) and why he got paid for 2 years?? Thats a million dollar question. Can you connect the dots here?

Nope, can you?

Nope, can you?

No need to.. Just follow the trial now. People who lost their loved ones will not indicte wrong person. Also follow the Kibria killing where his familly member and investigation team let go local BNP leaders and now coming close to the real culprit. Everything points towards a particular Bhaban. Where is Haris Chowdury now? Moulana Taj is in Pakistan. Haris might also found his way to Pakistan through India.

No need to.. Just follow the trial now. People who lost their loved ones will not indicte wrong person. Also follow the Kibria killing where his familly member and investigation team let go local BNP leaders and now coming close to the real culprit. Everything points towards a particular Bhaban. Where is Haris Chowdury now? Moulana Taj is in Pakistan. Haris might also found his way to Pakistan through India.

mmm...very dangerous times!

And neither could they find the culprits of Pilkhana!

Seems like both the AL and BNP are obsessed with one-party rule.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Haris Chowdhury | Facebook

Facebook

heh!

mmm...very dangerous times!

And neither could they find the culprits of Pilkhana!

Seems like both the AL and BNP are obsessed with one-party rule.

I dont think that they are obsessed with one party rule. Neither of them.
Its just sense of immunity among particular individuals which brought about this kind of act to that magnitude. Still people think that Tarique neither Khaleda nor Hasina could brought to justice. It all started after the killing of Mujib and the legacy kept on continuing. BNP needs to understand that while they are in power they should administer the country and bring justice to every killing instead helping them out.

@ I think it was ULFA through the local HUJI elements(hired) without the knowledge of BNP. There were many reasons ULFA might have done it. Even, in the present investigation the names of ULFA leaders are included.

@ I remember back in 1996 once once AL came to power at first they at once freezed all the illegal funds deposited in various Banks of Bangladesh. These money was collected by the ULFA members inside India through intimadation, extorsion,looting and other forced means. These money were utilized for buying various weapon from the Golden Triangle. Late Colonel Farouqe used to deal with the International arms smugglers. Moreso for long time he was in Libyia so sometime he supplied weapon from Libyia. I know once in 1989/90 a big ship full of arms and ammunition came from Libyia and anchored closer to Chittagong Port. But somehow Ershad came to know he at once went to Chittagong and stayed at Golf club.The mission was top secret. Ershad at once gave an ultimate to Colonel Farouqe to remove the Libyian ship otherwise he would issue arrest warrant aginst him. Colonnel Farouqe finding no other way requested Gaddafi to remove the ship. That was the last failed assignment of Colonnel farouqe.

@ After freezing the Bank accounts of ULFA by the AL govt 1996-2001) , a joint combing operation was carried out by the BDR(along the border inside BD) and the BSF( in their side). The idea was to evict all ULFA elements from Bnagladesh. This action of Bangladesh highly annoyyed the ULFA members and they even threatened the Awami govt to take the retaliation. It was during this time probably Onup Chetia was arrested from Bangldesh. The culmination of this retaliation took place on 21 August 2004during BNP's time. BNP as a political party cannot allow this. It was done without even the slightest knowledge of BNP' high command and intelligence.

If ULFA, the ISI or Huji were involved they would not have missed the dias or platform where the AL leaders were standing. They would all be dead. If Benazir Bhutto can be killed from a moving car then a stationary dais or podium should not have been a problem for ULFA. The whole thing appears amateurish when ULFA has three decades of experience with arms and explosives. At the same time if ULFA had been involved it merely destabilized the BNP government which was in favour of the group. Why would ULFA cause trouble for the patrons by committing such a horrendous act.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

I thinks its Tarique Zia along with Juzz Miah made the killing...

Tareq Zia is too dumb to pull off something like this.

Tareq Zia is too dumb to pull off something like this.

Assuming that he was, is it possible that it could have been carried out by a foreign group through his blessings like what happened at Pilkhana?

The grenade attack itself was amateurish, the assailants had no combat experience. Pilkhana however was opposite.

Assuming that he was, is it possible that it could have been carried out by a foreign group through his blessings like what happened at Pilkhana?

The grenade attack itself was amateurish, the assailants had no combat experience. Pilkhana however was opposite.

If Tareq Zia was involved he had every means at his disposal to do a competent job. This is why I do not believe he is behind this. His objective would have been to kill the top AL leadership but that did not happen. Instead the whole thing blew up in BNP's face. This suggests to me a set up and false flag to destablise the BNP government.

The Pilkhana massacre is a completely different matter. This was professional from start to finish and there was no mistakes. Everyone that was supposed to die did die. The BNP has no interest in massacring the officers but both India and AL have an aversion tothe Bangladesh Army and so suspicion rests on them.

In the case of the August 21 attacks the motivation does not fit the result nor a BNP involvement. The Pilkhana masscare there is a clear motivation of AL and Indian complicity.

MBI is right. Tarique along with Hawa Bhaban gangues were too dumb or incompetent to run a state.
Mufti Hannan averted arrest through out the tenure of BNP and had several meetings with Home minister Altaf and later Babar.
I think the biggest stupidity they made was to allow those people to work for them and finally allowed them and facilitate them to act in the AL rally.

No i dont think a well executed planned attack was amateurish. They all got away without a single casualty. The only thing they did not assume that most of the grenades exploded high in the air as they were dropped from high rise building.

MBI is right. Tarique along with Hawa Bhaban gangues were too dumb or incompetent to run a state.
Mufti Hannan averted arrest through out the tenure of BNP and had several meetings with Home minister Altaf and later Babar.
I think the biggest stupidity they made was to allow those people to work for them and finally allowed them and facilitate them to act in the AL rally.

No i dont think a well executed planned attack was amateurish. They all got away without a single casualty. The only thing they did not assume that most of the grenades exploded high in the air as they were dropped from high rise building.

It is debatable whether the grenades came from high rise buildings as the NTV crew were on top of one of the building but failed to film the attackers. If the grenades had exploded in the air then there would have been more serious damage and the shrapnel would have hit the leaders on the dias.

The attack was a success in that no senior AL leaders were killed indicating a Indian plot to destabilise the BNP government.

It is debatable whether the grenades came from high rise buildings as the NTV crew were on top of one of the building but failed to film the attackers. If the grenades had exploded in the air then there would have been more serious damage and the shrapnel would have hit the leaders on the dias.

The attack was a success in that no senior AL leaders were killed indicating a Indian plot to destabilise the BNP government.

Were you ever face any fire arms Mr. MBI??
Once a cocktail blasted on my leg and I failed to see the thrower.. Another time one guy died out of bullet wond in front of me, and I faile to see the attcker too..
That is how it is. Panic will overwhelm all your sense of judgement and surroundings. You will have no time to investigate rather run for your life.

Were you ever face any fire arms Mr. MBI??
Once a cocktail blasted on my leg and I failed to see the thrower.. Another time one guy died out of bullet wond in front of me, and I faile to see the attcker too..
That is how it is. Panic will overwhelm all your sense of judgement and surroundings. You will have no time to investigate rather run for your life.

The whole thing was filmed. The NTV crew were above the explosions so they were not the subject of the attacks.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

So, it was a false flag operation?

Yes I think so.

The whole thing was filmed. The NTV crew were above the explosions so they were not the subject of the attacks.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Yes I think so.

Not the whole thing.
Camera was pointed towards the podium and the captured films were accidental. It failed to look around to see the attacker or points towards that direction.

Back
Top Bottom