What's new

2015 Q2 GDP growth (dollar) rate of top 20 economies

esolve

Reaction score
Country
China
in terms of dollars,
only US CHINA and India has positive GDP growth, respectively 3.8%, 7.1% and 4.7%
Russia drops 36.8%
Italy Sweden and Brazil drops about 18%
ppp.jpg

in 2015 Q3, many countries have their currency depreciated even more, so the performance will be even worse.

Last edited:
And this is assuming that stats are correct, which I doubt are so in the case of China and India.

in terms of dollars,
only US CHINA and India has positive GDP growth, respectively 3.1%, 7.1% and 4.7%
Russia drops 36.8%
Italy Sweden and Brazil drops about 18%View attachment 262628

in 2015 Q3, many countries have their currency depreciated even more, so the performance will be even worse.

How is it possible that US is growing 3.8% according to the last column, and 2.8% according to a previous column, when the rate should be the same. Because it is the US dollar that we are calculating against!

And this is assuming that stats are correct, which I doubt are so in the case of China and India.
According the report released this September, China's GDP is highly underestimated by China's outdated and bureaucratic statistics authority, highly influenced by CCCP's old method.

A Reconstruction of China’s 2008 GDP.png

Sectoral Adjustments’ Impact on 2008 Headline GDP.png

Please give me the report link, and I agree to some extent that the GDP absolute size may be underreported. But I don't believe that GDP growth rate is right. I think it is over represented.
U can search, someone gave me the report not the link.
Always read more papers instead of wasting time in quora, Novia.

Broken Abacus? A More Accurate Gauge of China's Economy

How is it possible that US is growing 3.8% according to the last column, and 2.8% according to a previous column, when the rate should be the same. Because it is the US dollar that we are calculating against!

the second column is norminal value, which includes inflation

in terms of dollars,
only US CHINA and India has positive GDP growth, respectively 3.1%, 7.1% and 4.7%
Russia drops 36.8%
Italy Sweden and Brazil drops about 18%View attachment 262628

My view is ... 2016 will be a world economic crises incoming worse than 2008 crises, China government should take the chance to boost RMB as the international currency.

U can search, someone gave me the report not the link.
Always read more papers instead of wasting time in quora, Novia.

Broken Abacus? A More Accurate Gauge of China's Economy

This is Rhodium group report. "Broken Abacus? A More Accurate Gauge of China's Economy"

My view is ... 2016 will be a world economic crises incoming worse than 2008 crises, China government should take the chance to boost RMB as the international currency.

After the recent stock debacle, China is no where close to any kind of internationalization for at least 5 years.

For internationalization, what is required is trust in the system, which is completely lost recently. You want foreign investors in your stock and bond markets. No one is willing to come right now.

After the recent stock debacle, China is no where close to any kind of internationalization for at least 5 years.

For internationalization, what is required is trust in the system, which is completely lost recently. You want foreign investors in your stock and bond markets. No one is willing to come right now.
:lol: Kidding me ... internationalization come from stock market ? lol ... China trades with Middle Asia/ South Asia/ Europe / Africa / South-America nations by Yuan in trade exchange & direct investment, that's RMB internationalization. Bypassing U.S Dollar for international trade with Yuan, bro !

:lol: Kidding me ... internationalization come from stock market ? lol ... China trades with Middle Asia/ South Asia/ Europe / Africa / South-America nations by Yuan in trade exchange & direct investment, that's RMB internationalization.
How can u discuss with a self-claimed sinologist who doesn't really know economy.

:lol: Kidding me ... internationalization come from stock market ? lol ... China trades with Middle Asia/ South Asia/ Europe / Africa / South-America nations by Yuan in trade exchange & direct investment, that's RMB internationalization. Bypassing U.S Dollar for international trade with Yuan, bro !

Yes, internationalization comes via capital market depth. What will a country do with Yuan if it has no financial mobility or assets to put it into?

Bond market, and Capital markets are very important here. They make the currency markets large and fluid. Also, it is not only about trade.

A reserve currency is one where people store their wealth. For that it is necessary that there are places to store the wealth, and it is liquid.

How can u discuss with a self-claimed sinologist who doesn't really know economy.

This is your claim. I for now, seem to know more about economy than you do. You don't even recognize the most obvious facts in China's economy of today ie of huge overcapacities in sectors like cement, steel, and glass.

Back
Top Bottom