What's new

2014 Globescan World opinion poll released

Probably got something to do with only negative news about India appearing in detail on German media these days. The average informative travelogues also tend to portray India in poor light on a host of issues.

Doubt it, they have negative opinion about pretty much every non European country, bitter people I guess?

We are very patriotic people. Why should we hate our own country. Sure we have problems but we are working hard to overcome them.

Tough to be modest when you are Chinese mate. You got to be Chinese to realise what a privilege it is to be born into the great civilisation in human history. No doubt we have our problems but that doesn't mean we hate our own country.

Loving your country is one thing, thinking that it has a positive influence on the world is another.

Doubt it, they have negative opinion about pretty much every non European country, bitter people I guess?

Loving your country is one thing, thinking that it has a positive influence on the world is another.

One thing that I noticed was that a majority of Germans follow a regimented or disciplined lifestyle, and they have a pretty low opinion of anyone who doesn't match up to them on this scale. I think they respect the Brits the most. Needless to say, India/Indians score pretty low on this front.:D

Rise of China is the best thing that happened to the world. Only the haters dislike the rise of China. Rise of China gives Asia its importance and influence back. Rise of China can counter the war mongering West.

One thing that I noticed was that a majority of Germans follow a regimented or disciplined lifestyle, and they have a pretty low opinion of anyone who doesn't match up to them on this scale. I think they respect the Brits the most. Needless to say, India/Indians score pretty low on this front.:D

Oh c'mon. Japanese and Japan tick all those boxes. Yet only 28% Germans see Japan as a positive influence, and 46% as negative o_O. I sense xenophobia.

We are very patriotic people. Why should we hate our own country. Sure we have problems but we are working hard to overcome them.....

Hating and Criticizing are different.........
In-fact, if you love your country you should be all the more critical about it.......therefore, Indians expressing negative views about India are actually being critical, not hateful...............explain that to your countryman.

Last edited:
Rise of China is the best thing that happened to the world. Only the haters dislike the rise of China. Rise of China gives Asia its importance and influence back. Rise of China can counter the war mongering West.

Fair enough mate. Deep down Indians including me have nothing but respect for China, and we are all awestruck with its rise if anything. But when certain Chinese hate on India, we gotto hate back. As you know Chinese aren't the only patriotic people in the world.

Oh c'mon. Japanese and Japan tick all those boxes. Yet only 28% Germans see Japan as a positive influence, and 46% as negative o_O. I sense xenophobia.

Perhaps jealousy because the Japs have beaten them at their own game.:sarcastic:

Not Posting Pakistan related stuff on a Pakistani Forum :astagh:

JTGGTlu.png

3YkVdjY.png

Even after giving huge amounts of ODA,Indian's still have negative views about Japan :tsk:

Hating and Criticizing are different.........
In-fact if you love your country you should be all the more critical about it.......therefore Indians expressing negative views about India are actually being critical, not hateful...............explain that to your countryman.....

This poll is about whether Chinese influence on the world is positive or negative. 85% of Chinese people say Chinese influence is good for the world. If we had not been critical about our country, we would be a failure like India.

Not Posting Pakistan related stuff on a Pakistani Forum :astagh:

JTGGTlu.png

3YkVdjY.png

Even after giving huge amounts of ODA,Indian's still have negative views about Japan :tsk:

90% of Chinese hate Japanese influence.
85% of Chinese love Chinese influence.

Fair enough mate. Deep down Indians including me have nothing but respect for China, and we are all awestruck with its rise if anything. But when certain Chinese hate on India, we gotto hate back. As you know Chinese aren't the only patriotic people in the world.

Fair enough :cheers:

Last edited:
Useless poll.

The only thing it measures is the power of the globally dominant Western media.

If Chinese, Russian or Arabian media dominated the globe, the rankings would reflect their bias.

Back
Top Bottom