What's new

20/TwentyWorld Cup.

yuvraj wins it for india.

tough luck to australia. they outplayed india & yet lost.

turning point of the match was symonds dismissal.

till symonds wast here it looked as if australia had the match wrapped.

australia woukld have been a tougher opposition for pakistan than india. :undecided:

anyways, well done india !!! :enjoy:

any one's game in the final both very good teams.

yeah !!! but i still feel pakistan has the edge.

the indian bowling is too weak to bother pakistan

the indians got out of jail today. but u can't rely on luck alone to win u every match.

yeah !!! but i still feel pakistan has the edge.

the indian bowling is too weak to bother pakistan

the indians got out of jail today. but u can't rely on luck alone to win u every match.
yeah the Indian bowling would be key... However their batting more than makes up for the looseners. However you must note even Sreesanth came back into form (a little over excited at his form though and would probably be fined). For Pakistani batsmen its RP Singh and Pathan who would do most of the damage.

Let's see if Mohammad Asif plays the final or not. That might become a big blow if he sits it out due to injury. I hope they don't give him the last few overs again. The guy is not a Yorker bowler. He likes to bounce it a bit. Yesterday when he tried to york at the end he gave loose balls pitched right in the good spot for taylor. Our ending should be Umar gul and some other spinner with perhaps one over of Tanvir.

We MUST have a Yuvi, Dhoni and Sehwag plan when we come out. We must come with a strong bowling, since batting is pretty much going to be the same unpredictable but with all 11 players who can bat and hit hard, someone is bound to click. The Indian batsmen have been hammering away for three consecutive matches, hopefully they are now due to falter ;)

Javed Miandad Said that Afirdi Should Come as Opener in final against India....

well here we are
India v. Pak in final to-morrow.
so lets see who has the edge
Batting: India (more explosive with sehwag, yuvraj, dhoni)
Bowling:Pakistan (no weak link - highest score against our bowling is 164)
Fielding:Even (good young guys on both sides)
Captain:Pakistan (more innovative)
Recent Form: Even

so there is not much between the 2 teams - the team that keeps its cool on the day wins
GO PAKISTAN GO

What a match it will be. On a lighter side the Winner takes the Cup and the Looser all three parts of Kashmir (PAK, IAK and CAK). What a simple formula for such a complex problem. My money is on Pakistan and my friends is on India.

I hope Afridi, Sehwag, Yuvraj and Malik give a sterling display. Will not miss this match for anything. Planning to go to Birmingham to watch it and soak in the tikkas and cobra beer.

Finally I think the God of Cricket if one such exists is definately not Australian born.

Monday what a day to bunk work. Now I need to get back and cheer Chelsea against our arch rival MU.

Regards

Monday what a day to bunk work. Now I need to get back and cheer Chelsea against our arch rival MU.

Regards

Chelsea's glory days are over............where have you gone Jose

Jose Mourinho's finest quotes

"Please don't call me arrogant, but I'm European champion and I think I'm a special one" - Mourinho introduces himself to the English press after arriving from Porto in summer 2004

"In the second half it was whistle and whistle, fault and fault, cheat and cheat. The referee controlled the game in one way during the first half but in the second they had dozens of free-kicks. I know the referee did not walk to the dressing rooms alone at half-time" - Mourinho claims Sir Alex Ferguson had unduly influenced referee Neale Barry at half-time during a Carling Cup semi-final against Manchester United in January 2005. He was fined £5,000 by the Football Association for improper conduct

"I don't regret it. The only thing I have to understand is I'm in England, so maybe even when I think I am not wrong, I have to adapt to your country and I have to respect that. I have a lot of respect for Liverpool fans and what I did, the sign of silence - 'shut your mouth' - was not for them, it was for the English press" - Mourinho defends putting a finger to his lips during the 2005 Carling Cup final against Liverpool, an action which resulted in him being sent to the stands

"When I saw Rijkaard entering the referee's dressing room I couldn't believe it. When Drogba was sent off I didn't get surprised. There is something that tells me that in London the referee will be Collina, the best in the world. A perfect referee with personality and quality" - Mourinho claims in Portuguese newspaper Dez Record that Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard visited referee Anders Frisk's dressing room at half-time in the first leg of the teams' Champions League last-16 clash in February 2005. Mourinho was banned from the dug-out for two matches and fined £9,000 by UEFA for bringing the game into disrepute over his claims

"I felt the power of Anfield, it was magnificent. I felt it didn't interfere with my players but maybe it interfered with other people and maybe it interfered with the result. You should ask the linesman why he gave a goal. Because, to give a goal, the ball must be 100 per cent in and he must be 100 per cent sure that the ball is in" - Mourinho questions the validity of Liverpool forward Luis Garcia' s goal which puts Chelsea out of the Champions League semi-finals on May 3, 2004

"It is not a red card, of course not, and for the second time we have to play 55, 60 minutes without a man and the game is completely different. I shouldn't speak about the game, because the game is not a game" - Mourinho blames a first-leg defeat to Barcelona in the Champions League last 16 in February 2006 on the sending-off of Asier del Horno

"We have played against them four matches in two seasons. (When it was) 11 against 11 they never beat us. That is the reality" - After 1-1 draw at the Nou Camp in 2006 which sent Barca through to the quarter-finals 3-2 on aggregate

"The goalkeeper has the ball in his hands, slides and the number 10 cannot get the ball. He goes with the knee into his face" - Mourinho accuses Reading midfielder Stephen Hunt of deliberately injuring Petr Cech after the pair collide in the first minute of last October's match at the Madejski Stadium

"It is not possible (for) penalties (to be awarded) against Manchester United, and it is not possible (to get) penalties in favour of Chelsea. If somebody punishes me because I tell the truth, it is the end of democracy, we go back to the old times" - The Chelsea boss fumed last weekend after seeing his side's penalty appeals against Newcastle turned down, a day after United were given the benefit of the doubt over a strong injury-time penalty claim by Middlesbrough in their clash at Old Trafford

"A player who wants to be the best one of the world, and he already may be, should have the uprightness and the sufficient maturity to verify that against facts there are not arguments. If he says that it is a lie that Manchester United have conceded some penalties this season which have not been awarded against them, he is lying. And if he lies he will never reach the level that he wants to reach" - Mourinho hit back at Ronaldo after the United winger claimed his penalty rant proved his countryman "doesn't know how to admit his own failures"

"It is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem" - Shorn of the likes of injury victims Frank Lampard, Michael Ballack, Ricardo Carvalho and Didier Drogba, Mourinho cooked up a surreal analogy ahead of Tuesday's fateful draw with Rosenborg

How could you get rid of the best manager chelsea as ever had?

long live man utd

What a match it will be. On a lighter side the Winner takes the Cup and the Looser all three parts of Kashmir (PAK, IAK and CAK). What a simple formula for such a complex problem. My money is on Pakistan and my friends is on India.

Excellent idea:mod:

Chelsea's glory days are over............where have you gone Jose

Jose Mourinho's finest quotes

How could you get rid of the best manager chelsea as ever had?

long live man utd

As a cartoon said in local dailies which showed the CEO of Chelsea telling the new manager You are the BOSS but Roman A chooses the team.

As a cartoon said in local dailies which showed the CEO of Chelsea telling the new manager You are the BOSS but Roman A chooses the team.

:P :P

hey lets pray your money dosnt go to waste as no doubt our team is good one but than it has many fresh faces and the most important thing to note is it will be under immense pressure to win as happens in all Indo-Pak matches and often we lost due to the same pressure.

In earlier match with india in the same cup we even dint succeed in hitting the empty wickets just because of the pressure thingy.

But im all praying for Pakistan win :pakistan: as all of Pakistanis are doing.

I get the impression you are overwhelmed to see all the bickering when it comes to Kashmir debates, take it easy, its not so bad.

But, btw, what's the combination between beer and tikka?

Nothing tops a big glass of lassi!

I get the impression you are overwhelmed to see all the bickering when it comes to Kashmir debates, take it easy, its not so bad.

But, btw, what's the combination between beer and tikka?

Nothing tops a big glass of lassi!

No actually I love the debates here. I only don't like the terms like Wannabe Britisher, Flaming Mallu etc which creep into these threads if you debate with someone.

As for Kashmir issue actually the only issue which surpasses it in both countries is the love for cricket. So I was thinking of how the winner will be the world champion in cricket and runner up gets Kashmir as a consolation price and my observation was on the lighter side or by now Dabong would send a bouncer my way faster than Shoib Akhtar.

On the issue of the finals I hope the Pakistani team does not crack under the pressure. I just love watch Gul bowling. For once Afridi too is being consistent.

I don't think they serve lassi in the PUBS of Birmingham so I will stick to beer.

Regards

Ps : Chelsea is loosing 1-0

Pakistan should understand that it can LIVE without the likes of Mr Shoaib "Problem" Akhtar. The final will be really fun lets see what happens. I Hope Pakistan wins, although Pakistan has a tendency to fall face first in matches which are critical.

Back
Top Bottom