What's new

20 states demand secession from US

wrong
Press TV is spreading propeganda against what it considers an "enemy" country. Fox is throwing around poo on the walls of its own house............

They are still totally unbelievably useless.

what will happen after a petition has got abov 25k signatures?

It gets reviewed by a panel of experts and then gets a formal White House response.

lol, actually when those petition gone after 25000 name, some white house guy will look at it and laughing out loud, then put it in a safe somewhere

lol, actually when those petition gone after 25000 name, some white house guy will look at it and laughing out loud, then put it in a safe somewhere

It does get a formal response from the White House:

If a petition gets enough support, White House staff will review it, ensure it’s sent to the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.

Well last I checked the last civil war happened because a bunch of racist white men wanted to maintain the evil that is slavery. And the last great depression there was no civil war. If there is ever a depression the worst you would see is crime getting out of control. In times of crisis the nation get together and plus the Federal govt is more stronger then it was during the depression.
Concerning the FBI yeah they missed the 9/11 attacks but that is not to say they do not watch all the militia and hate groups. If for example Russia was arming the Michigan militia the FBI would know.They have informants in all these groups and watch them very closely. And in a post 9/11 world you bet the FBI is much more alert to allow a foreign entity arm or fund a militia. If not then a foreign entity would have done it by know.
It is foolish to assume that a nation can never break apart regardless of how much social experiments are conducted within it by the ruling elite. Sometimes fault lines develop early on but they may take time to strengthen and wreak havoc.

You must understand that the internal situation of USA is no longer rosy since the begining of the 21st century. Their are several issues that are negatively affecting people's lives.

Like it or not, fault lines are already emerging in USA. Two of them can be easily identified:

1. Social fault line in the development: The Futurist: The Misandry Bubble
2. Economic fault line which jolts from time to time but no one pays heed.

Biggest threat to US existence may not be external but rather internal. However, your policy makers want to assure you that it is external. In reality! No.

--------------------------

As far as petitions are concerned; they may be laughed at by some here. However, these petitions contain a message; a chunk of society is not happy with the current state of affairs and social environment in USA. For policy makers, this is not a laughing matter.

As far as petitions are concerned; they may be laughed at by some here. However, these petitions contain a message; some people are not happy with the current state of affairs and culture in USA. For policy makers, this is not a laughing matter.
Liberals said similar things about leaving the US on B43's FIRST term. Now they made the same threats if Romney is elected. So yes, this particular petition about secession deserves to be laughed at by sane people on both sides.

Liberals said similar things about leaving the US on B43's FIRST term. Now they made the same threats if Romney is elected. So yes, this particular petition about secession deserves to be laughed at by sane people on both sides.
Laugh as much as you want to but do not overlook the fault lines that may possess the potential to wreak havoc in your country. People try to covey their discontent through various means; petition is just one way to do so. Point is that should the concerns of these people be addressed or overlooked?

Greatest of the nations have fallen in history; major reason was that a chunk of people in such nations were too proud to rectify issues that eventually destroyed their nations. Heck, such people thought that issues did not even existed until the **** hit the fan.

Just keep this in mind:

"Biggest threat to US existence may not be external but rather internal. However, your policy makers want to assure you that it is external. In reality! No."

Laugh as much as you want to but do not overlook the fault lines that may possess the potential to wreak havoc in your country.

Greatest of the nations have fallen in history; major reason was that a chunk of people in such nations were too proud to rectify issues that eventually destroyed their nations. Heck, such people thought that issues did not even existed until the **** hit the fan.

Good luck.
There are always SOCIAL discontent in a country, unless you are talking about itty-bitty ones like Luxembourg or Papua New Guinea or something alike. But whether these social discontent translate into political discontent among highly independent but equally highly politically and economically integrated federated entities, like the US or the Swiss states, are usually speculative in the realm of pulp fiction. People who publicize and intrude their discontent into these realms usually have not thought about issues beyond their own visions, such as foreign policy, currency, military, or economy, and whether his own state have all the necessary institutions readied to take control of these issues.

There are always SOCIAL discontent in a country, unless you are talking about itty-bitty ones like Luxembourg or Papua New Guinea or something alike. But whether these social discontent translate into political discontent among highly independent but equally highly politically and economically integrated federated entities, like the US or the Swiss states, are usually speculative in the realm of pulp fiction. People who publicize and intrude their discontent into these realms usually have not thought about issues beyond their own visions, such as foreign policy, currency, military, or economy, and whether his own state have all the necessary institutions readied to take control of these issues.
And the self-assurance continues.

I hate to repeat myself again but I have just pointed out two very serious fault lines in the making in your country. Try to understand that why these fault lines have emerged in the first place.

If you will continue to think that everything is fine and dandy in USA like it used to be during prosperous times; you are sadly mistaken.

You maybe among the "happy citizens" of USA; many are not.

It does get a formal response from the White House:

laugh at them out loud is a kind of response...

Laugh as much as you want to but do not overlook the fault lines that may possess the potential to wreak havoc in your country. People try to covey their discontent through various means; petition is just one way to do so. Point is that should the concerns of these people be addressed or overlooked?

Just keep this in mind:

"Biggest threat to US existence may not be external but rather internal. However, your policy makers want to assure you that it is external. In reality! No."

You do not know how US politic work did you?

Look at it this way, if we stress too carefully on those petition and alter our policy to fine tuned to those people who signed the petition, then some other group will be ignored by our new policy and they will start another petition. It's will be endless cycle of just reading/reacting to petition, which our country will not do much.

The unique states in America is, we do not need to satisify all the people like a uniliteral government, we only need to swing into the MAJORITY of the American. When the intensity of citizenery dissatisifory level increase, then we will need to adjust our policy, not whenever people sign some petition, that's a very big different.

Petition itself is useless, it just show you some portion of your people do not satisified your policy, but you know there are always people that feel left out or don't agree on the government on some point, do we need to care everytime? NO, because whatever we do, we will just be able to please one portion of the people, the other part will just start and sign another petition, and i am pretty sure our government exist is NOT ONLY for responsing to those petition.

Of course, it is the Pakistani version of PressTV. :lol:

VCheng..As I can see you are one of the "Elite" members of this forum. Can you please enlighten us about your version of PKKH being Press TV. I mean seriously, need to know about your version :) but please with facts..not with yours usual "arguments"...waiting :azn:

Like I said, the whole world sees them for the idiots they are, but the real danger is in rubbish like this continuing to keep the domestic population in the required state of ignorance and fear.

"The whole world"..I mean from where did you get this fact babu?? Or perhaps you world starts from yourself and ends on this forum :)

You do not know how US politic work did you?

Look at it this way, if we stress too carefully on those petition and alter our policy to fine tuned to those people who signed the petition, then some other group will be ignored by our new policy and they will start another petition. It's will be endless cycle of just reading/reacting to petition, which our country will not do much.

The unique states in America is, we do not need to satisify all the people like a uniliteral government, we only need to swing into the MAJORITY of the American. When the intensity of citizenery dissatisifory level increase, then we will need to adjust our policy, not whenever people sign some petition, that's a very big different.

Petition itself is useless, it just show you some portion of your people do not satisified your policy, but you know there are always people that feel left out or don't agree on the government on some point, do we need to care everytime? NO, because whatever we do, we will just be able to please one portion of the people, the other part will just start and sign another petition, and i am pretty sure our government exist is NOT ONLY for responsing to those petition.
I never stated that petitions actually reveal the whole picture. However, if they are intensifying with passage of time then something is wrong.

American populace is already split over political mechanisms and laws that exist in your country. This split becomes apparent during election period. The elections are lot more hotly contested in current times then they used to be during the past. Even among the politicians; political deadlocks now happen more often then in the past.

Not just this but many Americans are awakening to the ground realities around them; thanks to increase in the intensity of awareness campaigns within.

But all of this just represents the external shell of the social fabric of USA. The real fault lines lay beneath this external shell. I have already pointed out two of them.

Let me give you a glimpse:-

1. Institution of marriage is in decline (increases instability, depression and vice versa)
2. Morality is in decline
3. Gender discrimination persists (now men are being oppressed; weakening of menfolk is the biggest form of blunder a society can commit.)
4. Economic situation is in decline
5. Productivity is in decline

The only institution that has remained safe thus far is the military insitution. But for how long?

Try to understand that your country has come far from its peak times. Too much self-assurance is destructive.

VCheng..As I can see you are one of the "Elite" members of this forum. Can you please enlighten us about your version of PKKH being Press TV. I mean seriously, need to know about your version :) but please with facts..not with yours usual "arguments"...waiting :azn:

Both PressTV and PKKH are driven by a specific agenda that is quite similar: to generate nationalistic propaganda with a particular emphasis on anti-US material as a tool of national policies.

"The whole world"..I mean from where did you get this fact babu?? Or perhaps you world starts from yourself and ends on this forum :)

The credibility of PressTV and PKKH is high only for domestic consumers who believe in it, but the outside world, which is much more than me or this forum, clearly sees through the content. To pretend otherwise is simply misleading.

Back
Top Bottom