What's new

20 states demand secession from US

I never stated that petitions actually reveal the whole picture. However, if they are intensifying with passage of time then something is wrong.

American populace is already split over political mechanisms and laws that exist in your country. This split becomes apparent during election period. The elections are lot more hotly contested in current times then they used to be during the past. Even among the politicians; political deadlocks now happen more often then in the past.

Not just this but many Americans are awakening to the ground realities around them; thanks to increase in the intensity of awareness campaigns within.

But all of this just represents the external shell of the social fabric of USA. The real fault lines lay beneath this external shell. I have already pointed out two of them.

Let me give you a glimpse:-

1. Institution of marriage is in decline (increases instability, depression and vice versa)
2. Morality is in decline
3. Gender discrimination persists (now men are being oppressed; weakening of menfolk is the biggest form of blunder a society can commit.)
4. Economic situation is in decline
5. Productivity is in decline

The only institution that has remained safe thus far is the military insitution. But for how long?

Try to understand that your country has come far from its peak times. Too much self-assurance is destructive.

You still don't understand what i said.

Those petition is NOT (I repeat NOT) a true indication to what actually happening in America, that is the first thing.
You may see there are a lot of social fault in our society, but that's mainly because you do not agree with our value and standard. I don't know how much you know about America, but i would preceived as Not a lot.

First of all, do you know why we have 2 major party (Republican and Democrats). That is to split between 2 choices (or voices) within the country, with these 2 majority, you got a country as a whole.

What i was saying was, regardless who's president, which party is majority, who actually run the United States, there will be people who oppose the view of current government, ther will ALWAYS be petition (You may not know but since 1960 we have petition form states to leave the USA every 4 other years) The problem is, you overstressed those petition while not that we don't care, but noone can care that much.

Again, in our government, we do not need to service everybody, we are a multicultural society, people come from all walk of life and all different background, if we are to deal with one group of people at a time, then the disapprovment will shift to another group. Then it will shift to the third group and so on and so forth and in the end, our government will just work by fixing thing but not controlling the country.

What you preceived as problem is actually a problem that affeect worldwide, you can say, oh, there are 20 states that want to leave the union (Actually this is untrue as the population have no say in leaving the union) but to us, it's just resident in 20 states registering their disapproval of the current government.

Of course you can say there are always chance there will be a civil war in the future, yes, because there are people hitting the lottery almost everyday, and the chance of hitting the lottory is next to zero and yet people are getting the price everyday, and i would consider the chance of civil war just a bit better than hitting the lottory, so yeah, there is always chance that US will decending into civil war.

Mark my word, forget what i say, come back in a month to see if any American care about the petition, that's the most definite way to measure the importance of those petition.

What rubbish troll thread over some pissed of tea party supremacist fools.

White House ‘secede’ petitions reach 675,000 signatures, 50-state participation

Less than a week after a New Orleans suburbanite petitioned the White House to allow Louisiana to secede from the United States, petitions from seven states have collected enough signatures to trigger a promised review from the Obama administration.

By 6:00 a.m. EST Wednesday, more than 675,000 digital signatures appeared on 69 separate secession petitions covering all 50 states, according to a Daily Caller analysis of requests lodged with the White House’s “We the People” online petition system.

A petition from Vermont, where talk of secession is a regular feature of political life, was the final entry.

Petitions from Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, North Carolina, Tennessee and Texas residents have accrued at least 25,000 signatures, the number the Obama administration says it will reward with a staff review of online proposals. (RELATED: Will Texas secede? Petition triggers White House review)

The Texas petition leads all others by a wide margin. Shortly before 9:00 a.m. EST Wednesday, it had attracted 94,700 signatures. But a spokesperson for Gov. Rick Perry said Tuesday afternoon that he does not support the idea of his state striking out on its own.

“Gov. Perry believes in the greatness of our Union and nothing should be done to change it. But he also shares the frustrations many Americans have with our federal government,” according to a statement from the governor’s office.

A backlash Monday night saw requests filed with the White House to strip citizenship rights from Americans who signed petitions to help states secede. (RELATED: Anti-secession forces fight back with White House deportation petitions)

And in a similar nose-thumbing aimed at Texas’ conservative majority, progressives from the liberal state capital of Austin responded Monday with a petition to secede from their state if Texas as a whole should decide to leave the Union.

Late Tuesday a second group of Texans, this one from Houston, lodged their own White House petition. Secession-minded Texans, they wrote, “are mentally deficient and [we] do not want them representing us. We would like more education in our state to eradicate their disease.”

Houstonian “Kimberly F” — The White House does not provide last names — submitted the petition. She told TheDC in an email that ”[w]e need both sides presented, or we all look like a bunch of fools.”

A group from El Paso, too, wants no part of an independent Texas. “Allow the city of El Paso to secede from the state of Texas,” their petition reads. “El Paso is tired of being a second class city within Texas.”

But smaller petitions like theirs are a political side show of a political side show. One effort, aimed at Missourians, called for a nationwide catered pizza party to celebrate when the Show Me State left the U.S. (RELATED: Pizza party! White House petition silliness gets cheesy)

States whose active petitions have not yet reached the 25,000 signature threshold include Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
Next Page

Is the White House paying attention? A spokesman won't say.

Fourteen states are represented by at least two competing petitions. The extra efforts from two states — Missouri and South Carolina — would add enough petitions to warrant reviews by the Obama administration if they were combined into petitions launched earlier.

Other states with multiple efforts include Alaska, California, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin.

The White House provides a 30-day window of time for petitions to reach 25,000 signatures.

Web surfers must register their names online with the White House before launching or signing a petition, but it’s not clear if the 675,000 signatures represent the same number of individuals, since the website permits signers to add their names to multiple petitions.

Individual petition signers, however, may only add their names once to any proposal.

The Daily Caller emailed White House deputy press secretary Joshua Earnest for comment, asking if the Obama administration was taking the grassroots effort seriously.

“Does the President see this as a bunch of Gov. Romney’s supporters blowing off steam after the election?” TheDC asked. “As an earnest show of disaffection with the direction of the country? As something else?”

Earnest did not respond.

The most recent petition to attract at least 150 signatures — the threshold required before the White House adds a petition to its searchable database — suggests a way out, even if a state or two were to take the secession talk seriously.

A Darlington, South Carolina man proposed Tuesday that the Obama administration ”allow the states that have asked to secede to do so and form their own NEW nation together.”

That effort only has 24,000 more signatures to collect before it could find its way into the West Wing.

Numbers in this article were updated after publication.

White House 'secede' petitions reach 660,000 signatures, 50-state participation | The Daily Caller

White House ‘secede’ petitions reach 675,000 signatures, 50-state participation............

Yes, 675,000 signatures from all 50 states (although anyone in the world can create an account and vote) and more importantly, ZERO States have filed such a petition. ZERO.

Like i said before these petetiions might not mean anything but it does reflect that a certain percentage is unhappy and is thinking for extreme measures such as breaking from union. To be honest when this all started i never thought these petetions would get so many votes, lets see what happens.

Yes, 675,000 signatures from all 50 states

You don't have to convince us we are not the ones signing the petition those are Americans and news paper reporting them are also Americans.

ZERO States have filed such a petition. ZERO.

A Darlington, South Carolina man proposed Tuesday that the Obama administration ”allow the states that have asked to secede to do so and form their own NEW nation together.”

(although anyone in the world can create an account and vote)

Web surfers must register their names online with the White House before launching or signing a petition

trust me, someday there will be more than 325 million people signed the petition, which is more than all the american population.. i will wonder why. Hehe

He may propose whatever he wants, the fact remains that NO STATE has filed for secession. ZERO.

Web surfers must register their names online with the White House before launching or signing a petition

So? Please see the posts below from this very thread:

Do you need your national id number to sign the petition online..... ??? If not any one can sign it than it question its legitimacy.

LOL.... I just made an account....and I can sign the petition....now consider if I can do it how many other non-national must be doing it.....

Update...

I just clicked sign petition to see if they ask for ID or anything but no. that was all.... So legitimate :lol:

They should really work on making it more genuine. Such as street address and National ID.

LOL.... I just made an account....and I can sign the petition....now consider if I can do it how many other non-national must be doing it.....

Update...

I just clicked sign petition to see if they ask for ID or anything but no. that was all.... So legitimate

They should really work on making it more genuine. Such as street address and National ID.

I hope i wont get in trouble for this :)

I sent feedback to "we the people" on sign issue.... lets see if they do something about it.

You still don't understand what i said.

Those petition is NOT (I repeat NOT) a true indication to what actually happening in America, that is the first thing.
Did I said that petitions represent the whole picture? When people complain; they can do it in many forms. Petition is one method being used for the said purpose.

But you need to realize that why would people even bother with petitions if they have nothing to complain about or are not taking US politics seriously? This is akin to those not willing to vote.

Please do not equate fun with every activity. A lot of people are not satisfied with Obama and his policies. Heck, this guy has pissed off even Pakistani people.

You may see there are a lot of social fault in our society, but that's mainly because you do not agree with our value and standard. I don't know how much you know about America, but i would preceived as Not a lot.
Sorry. You do not represent whole of the America. Of course, different people have different perceptions of things but my point is about what makes a society strong and stable. Surely US society is no longer as strong and stable as it was during the 20th century.

Following are legitimate/serious issues:

http://www.winst.org/family_marriage_and_democracy/WI_Marriage.pdf

http://www.singularity2050.com/2010/01/the-misandry-bubble.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/ubs-capital-stock-us-economic-decline-2012-8

First of all, do you know why we have 2 major party (Republican and Democrats). That is to split between 2 choices (or voices) within the country, with these 2 majority, you got a country as a whole.
And what is the agenda of both? One want communism and other democracy? Seriously, don't try to bring lame arguments here.

What i was saying was, regardless who's president, which party is majority, who actually run the United States, there will be people who oppose the view of current government, ther will ALWAYS be petition (You may not know but since 1960 we have petition form states to leave the USA every 4 other years) The problem is, you overstressed those petition while not that we don't care, but noone can care that much.
Once again! What makes you think that I am suggesting that petition signing is an indication of US breaking apart? I understand that English is not my first language but my points aren't so difficult to understand either.

Again, in our government, we do not need to service everybody, we are a multicultural society, people come from all walk of life and all different background, if we are to deal with one group of people at a time, then the disapprovment will shift to another group. Then it will shift to the third group and so on and so forth and in the end, our government will just work by fixing thing but not controlling the country.
So bascially your governments care about their own agenda. Nice. What is the purpose of an ideal government? To cater to the needs of the entire society and not just some ethnic groups. Obama is responsible for entire USA and not just blacks.

What you preceived as problem is actually a problem that affeect worldwide, you can say, oh, there are 20 states that want to leave the union (Actually this is untrue as the population have no say in leaving the union) but to us, it's just resident in 20 states registering their disapproval of the current government.
Read this: Deadlock or Decision: The U.S. Senate and the Rise of National Politics A Twentieth Century Fund Book: Fred R. Harris: 9780195080261: Amazon.com: Books

Political climate is getting worse in USA with passage of time. However, if I take your word; everything is fine and dandy, correct?

You are a sensible man. Please don't be among those who cannot notice the faults.

Of course you can say there are always chance there will be a civil war in the future, yes, because there are people hitting the lottery almost everyday, and the chance of hitting the lottory is next to zero and yet people are getting the price everyday, and i would consider the chance of civil war just a bit better than hitting the lottory, so yeah, there is always chance that US will decending into civil war.
Thank goodness, you accept the possibility.

Well my mate! The key to prevent this is to address the emerging fault lines which threaten to destroy the fabric of American society. I wonder if Americans will one day see through all the indoctrinations that have reduced them from a role-model society to one which is despised over the entire world.

Mark my word, forget what i say, come back in a month to see if any American care about the petition, that's the most definite way to measure the importance of those petition.
Mate, I don't believe in quick judgements. The fault lines in US will take some time to burst. And when this will happen; that would be the day.

Their is breaking point of every society. Save yours before it is too late.

Whole website and its petitions are a big joke!

... and yet somehow people like to think of them as impending doom for USA. It speaks more about the desperation of those who are fervently hoping for divine succor.

... and yet somehow people like to think of them as impending doom for USA. It speaks more about the desperation of those who are fervently hoping for divine succor.
Some are taking growing number of petitions as a sign of increase in expression of dissatisfacion of people within USA. Should this be dismissed just because you say so?

Also, petitions are certainly no big deal but the real fault lines are and they should not be overlooked.

Never going to happen. Heck the chances of Balochistan leaving Pakistan or NE India leaving India are much greater than the breakup of USA.

I guess now you know when some lunatics in Muslim world scream they don't represent All of us.

Back
Top Bottom